UEFA Europa League 2023/24

Lineker

VA FUCKING SHITE

(We deserved nothing out of that as we were garbage but that decision at the end is ridiculous. Even if you want to say he's handballed it, its a new phase of play. We gave it away shortly after that, won it back then scored)

I only saw the 2nd half because I routinely forget about the Europa league. Liverpool weren't very good for what I saw.

The VAR at the end was incredibly weird.

18 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

VA FUCKING SHITE

(We deserved nothing out of that as we were garbage but that decision at the end is ridiculous. Even if you want to say he's handballed it, its a new phase of play. We gave it away shortly after that, won it back then scored)

Yep that was absurd. We're in a ridiculous situation where a wrongly given free kick or corner can lead directly to a goal, but 20 seconds of open play with opportunities for the defending team to deal with it don't matter.

I'm not even convinced it's a handball under the current law anyway, bounces of his chest onto his arm which is in a natural position, so to be disallowed for that so far back is insane. Would love to see the VAR discussion on it.

Get a club statement out.

Apparently in UEFA it doesn't really matter what phase of play it is (bit silly for me that) but everything else for me doesn't make it a handball. 

Its hit his chest and has gone towards the armpit area and he's tried to move his arm away from the ball and not to it. 

The whole VAR handling of it was a bit bizarre cause it looked like they'd done the check, ref was going to give the goal and then they've gone actually have a look at the screen. 

Toulouse deserved the win either way and we were awful. Had the chance to seal qualification and we didn't take it. Just annoying that there's another controversial decision. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Europa League last 16 draw:

Sparta Praha vs Liverpool
Marseille vs Villarreal
Roma vs Brighton
Benfica vs Rangers
Freiburg vs West Ham
Sporting CP vs Atalanta
AC Milan vs Slavia Praha
Qarabağ vs Leverkusen

looks like we're set for a Patrik Berger derby.

5 hours ago, Hobo said:

Europa League last 16 draw:

Sparta Praha vs Liverpool
Marseille vs Villarreal
Roma vs Brighton
Benfica vs Rangers
Freiburg vs West Ham
Sporting CP vs Atalanta
AC Milan vs Slavia Praha
Qarabağ vs Leverkusen

looks like we're set for a Patrik Berger derby.

Hope you batter them home and away, absolutely horrible club and same goes for their rivals.

Benfica isn't the easiest draw but certainly not the worst, fans getting screwed over with a 1715  kickoff though.

• 2 weeks later...

Kelleher has made multiple top class saves in the opening 20 minutes. He's been so amazing the past month. One of the most in form keepers in the world this past month. Just an amazing keeper. Really hope when we're over in England next month they'll be selling his kit so I can get one for the lady. She adores Kelleher.

Also, Darwin Nunez golazo! I love this man, well, probably in the same way she loves Kelleher 🤣

47 minutes ago, Szumi said:

Kelleher has made multiple top class saves in the opening 20 minutes. He's been so amazing the past month. One of the most in form keepers in the world this past month. Just an amazing keeper. Really hope when we're over in England next month they'll be selling his kit so I can get one for the lady. She adores Kelleher.

He is from Cork though.

...But to an American that might be charming

• Haha 3