TEW20 Real World Update: January 2024

Here is the update for January, the big things this month has been removing Italian Championship Wrestling and The Crash Lucha Libre, and the addition of Big Lucha, beyond that Impact Wrestling has been rebranded back to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, their first events of 2024 will be under the TNA brand so made sence to change them over. Beyond that there has been a few worker renames and a few additions, with a few for NWA and NXT, there is a full list of these changes in the editor, as usual anything out of place mention it and I'll fix it up for next month.

There isn't a graphics pack at the moment but I plan to get it out next week, everytime I get ready to batch the pics I find more to add, there is currently around 14K workers and nearly 1.5K belts I'll add links when they are up.

Enjoy.

Database: January 2024
Graphics: January 2024 (Google Drive)
BUMP Workers and Belts: January 2024 (Google Drive)

KyKy Workers: January 2022 (Last KyKy Pack)
KyKy Worker Expansion: June 2020 (KyKy)
Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.

Can I use this mod as a base for my mod?
Feel free to use this mod as a base or in part of your own mods, just credit that this mod was used as your base.

Edited by TheWho87

Broadcaster Notes

United Kingdom

• BT TV was rebranded as EE TV on 2023-12-06. (Sauce)
  • E! (Europe) stopped broadcasting in the UK on 2024-01-03. (Sauce)
  • Pick was renamed Sky Mix on 2023-10-18. (Sauce 1) (Sauce 2)
  • SyFy (Britain) was renamed Sky Sci-Fi on 2022-07-26. (Sky press release)
  • TCM Movies (Britain) stopped broadcasting on 2023-07-07.

United States

TL;DR: the regional US sports networks are losing money hand over fist and I’d imagine there won’t be any left when each league negotiates their next TV deals.

• The AT&T Sportsnet brand and ownership is gone.
    • AT&T Sportsnet Pittsburgh became SportsNet Pittsburgh on 2023-10-02, and is now owned by NESN (the New England Sports Network). (Sauce)
    • AT&T Sportsnet Rocky Mountain shutdown on 2023-12-31. (Sauce)
    • AT&T Sportsnet Southwest became (the much cooler sounding) Space City Home Network on 2023-10-03. (Sauce)
  • Bally Sports Arizona closed down on 2023-10-21.
  • Scripps Sports began broadcasting on 2022-12-15,  and is owned by E. W. Scripps Company, who also own Bounce TV, Defy TV, Grit, Ion Television, and Laff. I would set them up in the South West area (they broadcast Arizona Coyotes and Vegas Golden Nights games) and give them Very Small coverage.

Europe

Finland: C More Max becomes MTV Max, C More Sport 1 becomes MTV Urheilu 1, and C More Sport 2 becomes MTV Urheilu 2 on 2023-10-10.

Portugal: Sport TV celebrates its 25th anniversary by updating its logo.

Australia

Foxtel channels FOX8, Fox Arena, Fox One (now Foxtel One) and Fox Sci Fi adopt new names and fonts to distance themselves from the Fox brand.

Fox Funny ceased broadcasting on 2023-03-01.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nooj updates:

Aaron Henare -> HENARE
Great O-Kharn -> Great-O-Khan
Remove Katsuyori Shibata
Okada should remain for February, then be removed in the following update. So contract expiry 1 month.
Master Wato has torn his ACL and is out for 7-9 months
Remove Tama Tonga
Will Ospreay should probably be just on loan from AEW at this point.
Remove Ren Narita from Strong Style
Add Ren Narita to House of Torture
Remove Yoshinobu Kanemaru from Just 5 Guys
Add Yoshinobu Kanemaru to House of Torture
Add Yuya Uemura to Just 5 Guys
Add Callum Newman
Add Callum Newman to United Empire
Add El Phantasmo to Guerrillas of Destiny
Add El Phantasmo and Hikuleo as tag team Guerrillas of Destiny II
Add Alex Coughlin and Gabe Kidd as tag team WAR DOGS I
Add Clark Connors and Drilla Moloney as tag team WAR DOGS II
Make Birds of Prey inactive
Make Dangerous Tekkers inactive
Add Oskar Leube
Add Yuto Nakashima
Add Leube and Nakashima as tag team Young Bloods
-Leube and Nakashima just left on excursion but I don't know where to. Leube I think is booked by wXw so will be going to Europe in some part. I don't know if they're going as a tag team or not.
Add Oleg Boltin as Boltin Oleg
Add Katsuya Murashima
Add Shoma Kato
Add Ryohei Oiwa [On excursion to NOAH]
Add Matt Riddle
Add Nic Nemeth
Add Jack Perry on loan from AEW.

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone,

Just to drop a quick note that I've worked on a WOW EWR run lately and edited the january update on my part. Is there any way/shape/form/place I could drop my edits for the February real world update ? Not sure of where to post it...

1 hour ago, Troy Cash said:

Thanks. So to clarify  I can just dump it here and it might be added for February update, as Razors'Edge did for NJPW ?

I don't have WOW as an active promotion in my mod and I'm not looking at making them active currently.

You mentioned EWR in your first post, is the update you propose for EWR, if so post it in the EWR thread.

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic