Bands you like...

Benji

Can you tell me anything about his reputation? I've been wondering ever since I saw the segement in CKY4.

Where to start? G.G. Allin had a knack for performing on stage naked, and this usually exposed his penis that looked almost non-existant. My guess is from shooting heroin into it. G.G. loved feces, he'd defecate on stage and do all sorts of things with it ranging from eating it, rubbing it all over his face/body, and throwing it into the crowd.

He liked having women urinate on him, and there is tape of this on his video "Hated". Some of G.G.'s friends held a birthday party for him, and G.G. said he would not attend unless they could find a woman to piss in his mouth. They managed to find some sleezy ass hooker, and she did the deed in his mouth. On top of this, he vomits while she is pissing, but continues to consume the piss even after vomiting on himself.

G.G. was masochistic, as he would repeatedly beat himself in the head with a microphone until he wore a mask of crimson (think of a pro wrestler that has been busted open hardway). He often times would go into the crowd and stir shit up, looking for fights and such. It wasn't uncommon for him to incite riots at his shows.

One more thing about G.G., there is a movie out there called "Afflicted" and it has footage of G.G. Basically G.G. squirts ketchup into a ladies butt, then has her basically fart the ketchup back out of her ass onto some fries. After this is accomplished, G.G. eats the fries. Pretty nice gentleman G.G. Allin was.

Edit - One more funny G.G. story, for some reason a college in New York let him come in and do a spoken word performance. G.G. shows up on the stage naked, and the college students look absolutely horrified. G.G. pulls out a banana and starts to stick it up his butt, although some of it breaks off and falls to the floor. G.G. then starts to push the banana back out and tosses it into the crowd. By now, the college students are fleeing except for one guy in a flannel who is clapping and laughing. G.G. seems offended by the people fleeing him and walks into the audience and starts picking up chairs and throwing them around (and keep in mind he's butt naked except for a pair of boots).

Totally agree. I think that their piss-ass manager was manufacturing them to an extent, but the core of the Sex Pistols was raw and very entertaining to watch. Kurt Cobain as a lead singer HAS nothing on Johnny Rotten. The Sex Pistols introduced me to hundreds of bands that I know listen to, so I will always defend them to the grave because of there influence on me and the entire music business.

Agreed on the manager part, Malcolm Mclaren was shit. He was more into the fashion, and pageantry of doing something different as opposed to producing quality music. The same can be said for me as far as the Sex Pistols introducing me to so many other bands.

Edited by VerbalPuke

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Hell Song" video is awesome. Sum 41, although not a big fave of mine, are pretty alright, and are good live.

I so mark out for that video.

blink-182 used to be really hated by a lot of people at one point, but the new 'mature' style seemed to swing everyone back, personally I always loved them but I'd prefer if they'd have kept the mature style with Boxcar Racer and The Transplants.

My personal favorite Sum 41 video is "Makes No Difference", solely because of DMX's cameo when he shows up to the house party on a four wheeler. I'm a huge DMX fan, so when I saw the video years ago I was just like "What the fuck?!?!". Hell Song has an awesome video too, with all the toys, dolls, action figures, etc... it's sooo awesome. The part with the Marilyn Manson and Jesus figures... awesome!

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

All my friends hate CKY and say "the singing is shit". I love the singing, really unique. I dont know whats wrong with them. Deftones is another band. I think their brilliant but the guys just think their "nu metal shit". They aren't nu metal at all.

Audioslave. But that really depends on who you ask. Diehard Soundgarden fans all seem to think 'Adioslave si siht!!!11! Wh4t happned to Cronlel?!?!', at least at all the music message boards I've been on. However, the only reason I really prefer Soundgarden is because the selection is so much wider, what with Audioslave having one CD, a few demos, and some live covers.

TBH, where I live Rock music in general falls under this category. Not just Metal, but any Rock music that doesn't play on the radio is deemed 'goth' where I live, and people seriously hate the stereotypical 'goth'. I don't really understand it, by the time I left highschool most of my friends were what people called goths, because they're the only cool/open-minded/good-music-liking people that live around me. :\ Everybody else is in to rap, and they're all racists, too. It's really strange.

On that list, I don't think Rammstein or AFI are hated that much, Boy Hits Car just aren't well known enough for most people to have an opinion, but ICP and New Metallica are pretty much hated. I dislike ICP, but new Metallica is nowhere near as bad as some people think it is IMO.

I'll agree about the Metallica thing, I prefere alot of the new stuff, Re-Load is my favorite album, tied with Puppets, and St. Anger is probably 4th...behind Justice.

As for Rammstein, people are always telling me "don't you know they're nazis?", thinking they know more about the band than a fan does.

Some of you guys are putting bands that are not really hated, like Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Metallica and Godsmack.

Franz Ferdinand has becoming widely considered as the best new band in years with the Killers being right there next to them. Muse doesn't have a huge fanbase by any stretch, but I wouldn't put them up there with bands that are always bashed like Good Charlotte. Metallica still just about sells out every seat in every stadium on every tour, yeah, they're really hated. Everyone has bad albums (though I thought St. Anger was fucking fantastic, but oh well) but that hasn't stopped people from going to see them. Does Metallica get slammed by the internet crowd? Yeah, but they still have millions of fans across the globe of all ages. Godsmack has a hardcore fanbase as well and are one of the best live acts out there. I can't stand them when I'm listening to them on CD, but I will always go see them live because they are fucking amazing, I suggest you go see them if they come around.

Anyway, I'm rambling... here's my bands I love that everyone else seems to hate:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Lit

Papa Roach

Sum 41's new stuff

Auf der Maur (people were actually walking away from her stage at the Curiosa Festival... fucking nimrods)

Edited by Zero

I'll agree about the Metallica thing, I prefere alot of the new stuff, Re-Load is my favorite album, tied with Puppets, and St. Anger is probably 4th...behind Justice.

As for Rammstein, people are always telling me "don't you know they're nazis?", thinking they know more about the band than a fan does.

I'm not the biggest Rammstein fan, but the opening riff type thing on "Sonne" is sex in riff form....

EDIT: The Killers > Franz Ferdinand

Edited by rvdwannabe