Bands you like...

Benji

I've recently come across a rather large NIN & Mars Volta haters. I don't know why, but I guess some people hate NIN for the "depressing" lyrics, and The Mars Volta because their lyrics don't make sense to alot of people.

Other than that, probably only Good Charlotte (Fuck off, I like their self-titled and that new song, I Just Wanna Live, I think) and Otep.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've recently come across a rather large NIN & Mars Volta haters. I don't know why, but I guess some people hate NIN for the "depressing" lyrics, and The Mars Volta because their lyrics don't make sense to alot of people.

Other than that, probably only Good Charlotte (Fuck off, I like their self-titled and that new song, I Just Wanna Live, I think) and Otep.

I'm not alone!

As for NIN, I don't know how anyone can hate them, Mars Volta I can understand, but I do :wub: them.

The one band I like at all that all seem to hate is Hoobastank.

Their newest album isn't half bad, as the crappy stuff (Out of Control, The Reason) is balanced by some pretty good songs (Disappear). It's generic fluff, but I find that MUCH better listening than most songs on pop radio.

I also remember being a Creed fan...then I listened to Weathered and changed my mind.

I got bought a tape at a reletives yard sale and got them from then on, last one being Sevens, Looking right now at all music, I had no idea he created a persona as a rock artist and released a CD under that. o.O

Yeah, I knew that. Can't remember the name...Chris Gaines or something, wasn't it?

Never heard any of his stuff under the persona, though.

"Chris Gaines" is the only reason I've ever payed attention to Garth Brooks, truth be told.

I forgot the name of the song, but it's the song where he talks about the KKK & the Skinheads. Yeah, I love that song.

Personally, I'm just going to have to say bands like Godsmack, Linkin Park, Ill Nino and Korn.

And although Godsmack has a hardcore fanbase (me belonging to it), they are still disliked because everybody accuses them of ripping of Alice in Chains. Now to say that they completely rip them off is bad, because they're just paying tribute to the band that got them into the biz. And everybody says that their studio stuff sucks, but it's not THAT bad. I've seen Godsmack live and I've got all their cd's, and although they're solid in the studio, they're absloutely amazing live. Like Zero said, if they come around you, GO! Don't hesitate, they're simply breathtaking live.

Linkin Park, we had this discussion like a week ago concerning them so yeah.

And really Korn and Ill Nino go together in this category. Lots of people critisize Korn (mainly Jon Davis) for being repetitive and being "nu-metal shit", but Korn revolutionized the American rock scene because of the way they did shit. Yes, their stuff isn't as great as it used to be, but it's still solid. And the reason why Ill Nino is with them is because people seem to think that they're a rip-off of Korn anyways, inspired by them to apparently "suck", but I like 'em. I'm sure people don't like Adema for the same reasoning but oh well, Adema's awesome.

But yeah, Godsmack really sticks out as either you love them, or you hate them almost. So be it, because I love Godsmack. Next to Killswitch Engage, Disturbed, Chevelle, A Perfect Circle/Tool, they're up there on the list of my favorite bands.