2005 MLB Thread

Cole

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, if Manny doesn't like the lack of security in Boston he should not go to New York.

A place like Kansas City or Arizona would be a good place for him if he wants to have privacy.

Nonetheless the deal is not happening. Ever. Unless the Mets want to give up one more player... Piazza anyone?... the Red Sox will not bite. Plus, I think Theo is doing this somewhat to show Manny that "We tried, but baseball is a business."

They should go nab Dunn and Griffey as Cincy isn't that terrible of a city and the Reds aren't going anywhere fast.

The Reds won't trade either since they sell tickets. Plus, we've all seen how most fire sales end up. Fans stop caring and all but one or two of the prospects acquired ever do anything. Hell, when the O's traded away everyone in 2000 we only got one player to ever make a name for himself. Melvin Mora.

Phil Nevin to Texas for Chan Ho Park.....good riddance for both teams. Nevin was getting booed in San Diego and Park had been a waste of money for Texas.

So...the deal aint happening apparently. Cameron and Huff to Boston, Manny and Baez to Mets, 4 prospects to Tampa...

It seems the BSox wanted one more player and Tampa another prospect. That killed the trade. I think Boston would have the best end in this deal....

Not to mention the Firesale of 2000 pissed off their AAA affiliate (Rochester) to the point where they left a few years later to become Minnesota's AAA affiliate.

There was more than just that which pissed off Rochester. But that could be considered the straw that broke the camel's back.

Phil Nevin to Texas for Chan Ho Park.....good riddance for both teams. Nevin was getting booed in San Diego and Park had been a waste of money for Texas.

So...the deal aint happening apparently.  Cameron and Huff to Boston, Manny and Baez to Mets, 4 prospects to Tampa...

It seems the BSox wanted one more player and Tampa another prospect. That killed the trade. I think Boston would have the best end in this deal....

I don't think a deal is gonna happen before tomorrow. But in the winter, something could probably happen.

Yankees signed former Red Sox pitcher Alan Embree last night and DFA'd Buddy Groom. Chacon had a nice debut going 6 innings giving up 4 hits and 1 run, but then Embree came in and gave up 3 runs...without getting an out. Theres a reason the Sox let go of him...

It makes me laugh how the Yankees seem to be signing everyone another team releases to try and find a solution.

It's like Cashman is sitting down in front of his PC on ESPN.com in the Transactions page, refreshing every ten seconds.

Cashman:"The Red Sox release Alam Embree...Alan Embree!!!"

*Desperately dials Embree's number*

Or it could be the Yankees needing a left-handed reliever... Embree has been consistent in the past and quite frankly is a better pitcher than most of their staff right now. Angels aren't too good against lefties, and Yanks are looking for playoffs.

They should go nab Dunn and Griffey as Cincy isn't that terrible of a city and the Reds aren't going anywhere fast.

The Reds won't trade either since they sell tickets. Plus, we've all seen how most fire sales end up. Fans stop caring and all but one or two of the prospects acquired ever do anything. Hell, when the O's traded away everyone in 2000 we only got one player to ever make a name for himself. Melvin Mora.

I honestly believe a Manny to somewhere deal will happen. The Red Sox kept him out of the lineup today and are doing the same tomorrow. I'd love for my Angels to take him but there is no way Boston trades him to us.

The Red Sox just acquired Jose Cruz Jr.