Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

I used to love Pokemon, especially when it first came out. The original game was awesome. I still have my fire red cart. Even kept it after I sold my Gameboy colour and games to a friend. The show's early couple of seasons were enjoyable (watched them every morning before heading off to school) and I even dabbled in the card game (albeit having been interested in stuff like Magic, Star Trek CCG, Star Wars, etc. I wasn't too interested).... but I gradually grew to hate Pokemon.

That said though... I have again grown interested in the games again. I know dick all about 2nd generation forward and have no clue other wise.

But we picked up both Diamond and Pearl a few days ago (I blame Brawl for it to be honest... damn Pokemon) and I'm mainly curious as to what other games we'd need to "catch'em all".

I'm curious in picking up FireRed and LeafGreen but not sure what we'd need to just get all them between me and my girlfriend. I'm pretty sure we also need to pick up Sapphire and Ruby too right?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Animé: I enjoyed the early ones. But got annoyed when he started giving the Pokemon away <_<

Gameboy games: Effin Brilliant. I'm still proud of the fact that i got 151 in Blue & Red. Didnt bother with the Pokedex in yellow tho.

GBA games: Seven short in Crystal. Couldent find them in Any of the other games i had either. It sucked. :( I'm also 13 short in Sapphire with only Ruby to help.

Cube games: Never played.

DS games: Again havent played

Movies: The first one was ok, the rest sucked.

This thread made me download roms of the games since i dont have any of the newer ones. I'm currently playing FireRed. When im done with that i'll move on to Pearl or the other one.

Finally defeated the E4 and Cynthia tonight J, thanks for the advice on bring my Luxray back into the team, his crunch took out that Allakhazam that was causing me much trouble.

=)

Awesome, now let me know when you beat the Battle Tower Tycoon. (Y)

Couple of things:

How much differential can I expect on the stats of a bred pokemon? I'm trying to breed a Pichu with a good starting SP Attk so I can get it to lvl 18, get Nasty Plot and then raise it as a Pikachu from then on. I'm mostly getting boosts in attack and speed with the occasional drop in defence too. Will I get a SP Attk boost if I keep plugging away?

Also, what's the best way to get Kangaskhan in the Safari zone of LG or Diamond?

If someone would also trade me a quick pokemon with block or mean look or whatever move can stop the opponent escaping i'd appreciate it. Damn Cryssilia or whatever it's called.

Edited by Ellis Misses Benji

• 2 weeks later...

http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2008/04/...game-title.html

There's some names trademarked ready for some Pokémon games that have been found. Obviously Topaz is the third D/P game, but the others? GS remakes?

http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2008/04/...game-title.html

There's some names trademarked ready for some Pokémon games that have been found. Obviously Topaz is the third D/P game, but the others? GS remakes?

lol Engrish

G/S remakes are possible, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll believe it when Nintendo announce that they're working on/are going to release G/S remakes.

They're going to happen, Pokémon is a cash cow and G/S would sell, it's just a matter of when.

Nevertheless, there have been dozens of rumours about G/S remakes since Ruby and Sapphire came out.

Also, I just looked at the trademark index site they linked to and could find no record of any trademarks they referenced. And re-reading the article suggests they're listing unused trademarks ("I just check the registered trademark of Pokemon in Japan by Industrial Property Digital Library (IPDL), the result of unused trademark as follow :"). Unused trademarks mean nothing, all that would matter would be if they actually trademarked a name or two.

I could have been doing it wrong, I'm not sure, but this article doesn't exactly fill me with hope.