Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I'm horribly lost :(

I kinda really hope this is the last generation of games. Theyll still make more if it keeps making them money, but eventually they either need to end it or not worry about reeling in a new group of kiddies and overhaul the entire game system in terms of the same basic storyline. There really can't be many things left to turn into pokemon without them coming off as knock offs as previous pokemon, like Beautifly.

I remember reading something about the stats for level 100 pokemon but cant really remember. I think it was a level 100 pokemons non-hp stats would be double their base stats plus 5. Does anyone know if that's correct?

Edited by Vitamin E

Not even close. If you go to Bulbapedia, and look up the stats, that will tell you the potential range of level 100 #'s (This is just for a Blissey, the simplest Pokemon I could think of to counter that):

Attack:

Base: 10

Numbers at 50: 13 - 68 100: 22 - 130

Defense:

I think the battle system and catching system is both fine and fun, it's everything else that needs to be shaken up. Maybe something on one of the current Gen consoles where there's a whole world to explore with Side Quests and have the gaps between levelling up and between Gyms be much larger. Really stretch the game out so that you need to actually train and take on other quests to be on par with the Gym Leaders. As well as some Quests that're actually as hard as Gym Leaders or where you can only catch like a Dratini from it. Make people work for some of the cooler Pokemon.

Along with the addition of some fun extras like certain Pokemon can only be caught in certain areas with the correct conditions. There's loads of potential in something like that. And instead of adding new Pokemon, they could just use one's that've already been around, but change it up a bit.

Of course none of this will ever happen as Pokemon is one of Nintendo's cash cows, so the only console game's we'll ever see of it will be on the Wii. And the Wii sucks. dry.gif

EDIT: Also, a silly idea, but I always thought it'd be fun to start with an Evee that you can evolve once you beat like, the 2nd or 3rd Gym Leader.

Not even close. If you go to Bulbapedia, and look up the stats, that will tell you the potential range of level 100 #'s (This is just for a Blissey, the simplest Pokemon I could think of to counter that):

Attack:

Defense:

I didnt mean exactly. I know that EVs and IVs affect the number in the end. I meant it more as a rough guideline of what the final stat could be without any EVs and a good enough IV.

..why end the Pokemon series? I mean seriously, what harm is it doing if they keep adding onto it and making new games. I'm a sucker for a new Pokemon game and they've added something for everyone these past few years. To be honest once more - who is it hurting?

• Like 1

From what Nintendo has said they are in fact making some major changes in Gen 5. They have yet to fully elaborate on what those changes are accept for on two points.

1. Heavier use of 3D

2. The PCs are 14 this time instead of 10.

Whatever Benji, we'll know whats in it when it comes out in Japan this fall.

In the mean time we don't even know if there are going to be gyms or not (although it would be surprising if there weren't any).

How insulted you seem to be by Benji not having faith in Nintendo greatly amuses me.

• Like 3

From what Nintendo has said they are in fact making some major changes in Gen 5. They have yet to fully elaborate on what those changes are accept for on two points.

2. The PCs are 14 this time instead of 10.

That's a major fucking change.

I can see it now, adding dating sim elements added to Pokemon. the girl rival trainer won't give you her # until you win some gym badges. if you beat her in a battle she gets mad and won't return your calls. she won't go out with you until you beat the elite 4.

Edited by mystikz
  • Like 1

Well changes are due. There is a good chance that a lot of the changes probably have something to do with the fact that the majority of the fan base has been slightly older than their target audience for several years now. 14 is a happy medium over 10. Its close enough in age to the younger audience to still be relatable, and close enough to the older audience to be less unbearable.

Besides, if Nintendo says they're going to change things up, I'm pretty prone to believing that they are changing more than just how the game looks. Examples of Nintendo saying they're changing things up: Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy...

• Like 1

BWAHAHAHAHA. Hilarious that you use MARIO of all things as an example of Nintendo 'changing things up'. They really are a shining example, especially when their last Mario game was pretty much the exact same game they released on the NES in 1986, just shiner.

..why end the Pokemon series? I mean seriously, what harm is it doing if they keep adding onto it and making new games. I'm a sucker for a new Pokemon game and they've added something for everyone these past few years. To be honest once more - who is it hurting?

I never said it was harming anybody or anything, it's just coming from someone who got into the whole thing when it was originally brought over here. I'm having fun with Heartgold, but I still think the whole thing is getting up there in the 'out of control' range. We're going to be going on possibly over 600 pokemon come Generation 5, and if they go further than that we could potentially reach 1000 Pokemon. It just seems like way too much.

BWAHAHAHAHA. Hilarious that you use MARIO of all things as an example of Nintendo 'changing things up'. They really are a shining example, especially when their last Mario game was pretty much the exact same game they released on the NES in 1986, just shiner.

080428.gif

• Like 2