Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

I think I just had one of my crowning moments in the history of playing Pokemon. I'm breeding Rotom to try and get the right natures for Rotom-W and Rotom-H, and in the middle of it decided to give a battle to one of the ones that has hatched so far. Walk in to the grass and without realising, stumble in to an Audino Lv. 9

It can't hurt Rotom, of course. So instead, slowly but surely I Confuse Ray + Thundershocked it to defeat, and my Rotom shot up from Lv. 1 to Lv. 11. Just awesome :w00t:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished up with the second town and the first badge, and I like my team right now

Tepig Lv. 13

Pansage Lv. 12

Lillipup Lv, 13 (straight off of switch training againsts the two grunts and defeating a Audino with it)

Friend code is 2408-4907-7758. This my sister DS, so PM me before you try to connect with me (my sister barely use it anyway, but better safe than sorry).

Love it! Traded my Pansage for Snivy on GTS :D time to start levelling up as I need a Grass in my team!

Haha one fight in the wild with Snivy getting XP share and it grew from lvl 1 - 15 in one fight!

Team at the moment

Emboar - 36

Krokorok - 33

Palpitoad - 32

Archen - 31

Joltik - 25

Snivy - 19

So, for the first time ever I've indulged in a spot of EV training, mainly with Rotom-H (the fire type). Got him pretty well levelled up and as such, finally decided to head off in to the Battle Subway for a proper run through, mainly since I want the BP pretty bad to get the Power EV items.

Turns out that in the Double Battle train, Rotom + Excadrill = Insta-Win, mainly thanks to Earthquake not hitting Rotom and then picking off the Grass/Water types with either Overheat or Thunderbolt. I have Sigilyph and Samurott in backup if I need them at some point, but for a good 75% of battles I've been able to sweep with just these two guys. Interestingly, the Pokemon that seems to cause the biggest issue is Swadloon, because they tend to know Grass Whistle and tend to always use it on Rotom, which is a bit of a bitch.

Trying to grind up to 65 to get ready for Elite Four again. Uuuuugh.

Going to take soooo muuuuch tiiiiiime.

The Audino's at the Big Crater place next to Bridge Town give out about 5000XP each time.

Friend Code:

0348-2331-8741-1000

I was wondering who would be the first person to figure that out and post about it. Audino, for the entire game, is the best way to gain levels quickly. That's how I managed to get everything up to Lv49 before taking on the Elite Four.

Who, by the way, are much harder when you don't have beasts in your team. It was so much easier in White, but that was probably largely due to Haxorus, Excadrill and Emboar.

I'm torn. I want to hold onto my youth. I have an old DS lying around, untouched since I lost my Emerald game. :-\

Do I take the plunge and buy Black or White? I never played Diamond or Pearl really, but that shouldn't matter should it? I need something to keep me occupied without constantly spending money e.g. going out every night, so would be it be £30-40 well spent?

Any preferences towards Black or White either?

As someone who got out of the Pokemon phase after the original Gold and Silver came out do to outgrowing it, I would say if you were to get back into the games at any point, Black and White would be the perfect time. With the additions already there from Gen IV, like the updated graphics and whatnot, plus the amazingly beautiful graphics at certain points in the game and the addition of some great looking pokemon/pokemon dual types, among other things, Black and White are the first games since Ive gotten back into pokemon that I actually wanted to get myself and on its own merits.

Pearl I got because my friend had and it seemed really nice with the updated graphics, Heartgold I only got because I liked Diamond and it was a remake of a nostalgic game for me, but White I was the first to get from my group of friends (which usually doesnt happen) because it looks so good. For some reason, despite the formula for pokemon games being so simplistic and repetitive, the games are addicting and just good, especially if you get games to do more than just beat the game/complete the story. There are a lot of things from my childhood that I loved years ago but look at now and wonder what I was thinking, but Pokemon is something that has lasted for me.

As far as which version to get, Id say it just depends on whether you have a preference over legendaries (White Version gets a dragon/electric while Black gets dragon/fire), or whether you would prefer the more trainer based Black City over the more wild pokemon based White Forest (where you can get a lot of good non-Gen V pokemon).

• Like 1

I'm suffering from the same problem I have since Diamond and Pearl. I beat gym four and just cannot be bothered playing more. Motivate me!

It will be winter once Friday rolls around. If that doesn't help, then I think you should just be assured that the best has yet to come.

I just barely excaped from the fourth gym. Had enough revives and lemonades to get me through, and Drillbur held on just enough. I'll put my team in here later.

White's sounding like my kind of game. Not to mention with the absolute lack of friends I know who still play (amazing, isn't it?) then the online trading and stuff pretty much renders that redundant so it makes sense.

Not that I'm racist for not wanting black or anything, will get both at some point, honest! ¬_¬

Expect a message in a few days exclaiming my joy for having one of the games!

EDIT: Ordered. I'm coming boooys.

Edited by IAceI

Beat Elite 4 + Champ for second time and Cynthia. Caught Kyurem, now to work on the rest of the Dex.

If anyone has a Celebi and Deoxys lying around, would much appreciate it. >.>

I missed both events earlier this year :(

Have twice now levelled a Pokemon to 44 before realising they may need a stone to evolve.

First, Munny, just now, Cotonee. This is much more tedious without the aid of places like serebii.

Also, Zorua for anyone who wants it. IGN has details on how to obtain. It is kind of cheating though.

Haha, playing it without the aid of walkthroughs is something I'm considering too. It should arrive tomorrow, not technically I have looked through the story once but by the time I start playing and get into it I should have probably forgotten most of the details. I mainly just wanted to see the pokemon on show since I didn't play D/P so wasn't sure what to expect.

Setting my routers up to WEP sounds like it's going to be a chore though, although I have a sneaking suspicion one may already be set to WEP so fingers crossed for that as I can't go changing settings when there's 4+ laptops connecting to the routers all the time. That said I will NEED to trade online! And intend to make use of my breeding hobby when I get the game finished.

I brought Black on Friday and my god I'm having a great time playing it...Passed the sixth gym by totally dominating the leader, went exploring in Mistralon Cave for a few surprises, battled Cheren for the umpteenth time...And here's my team thus far:

Spr_5b_552.png

Krokorok (Level 34)

- Bulldoze

- Crunch

- Dig

- Strength

610.png

Axew (Level 1)

- Scary Face

- Slash

- False Swipe

- Dragon Claw

638.png

Cobalion (Level 42)

- Helping Hand

- Retaliate

- Iron Head

- Sacred Sword

503.png

Samurott (Level 37)

- Surf

- Revenge

- Slash

- Razor Shell

523.png

Zebstrika (Level 36)

- Volt Switch

- Flame Charge

- Flash

- Discharge

There is a Ducklett on the roster, but I'm waiting for a good flying type to replace it...And I bred the Axew so I could get an Adamant natured one :)

I got home from work to find White pleasantly waiting for me. Unfortunately I'm not in the process of searching for the charger so I can continue playing, hpefully this doesn't turn into a while goose chase or else I'll be annoyed.

I took Oshawott, and have decided that I want to try and complete my dex (as this is probably the best chance I have since R/B since there isn't a single previous generation pokemon in this till I complete it, so it's just the Black exclusives to worry about. Can't remember if i managed to save it before Patrat and Liillipup were caught but that's an easy redo. Takes a little while to get into it as you have to get into the story so a lot of listening to boring speeches, going to try and do as much of it on my own accord like Momo, just for kicks.

• Admin

Having dug out the DS lite, I've just taken the plunge and bought my first Pokemon game in years and years, Black version. Having not touched my DS lite for years, I assume it isn't able to do the wifi stuff? That's just on the 3DS no?