Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be able to get my friend code out to everyone soonish, as I've just finished the first gym and spoke to Fennel.

I don't know whether it's harder this game or it's because I'm levelling up so many pokemon at once, but my current team consists of (levels approx);

Oshawott - 11

Pansear - 11

Patrat - 9

Lillipup - 10

Purrloin - 9

Munna - 9

I'm going to make a real effort to catch everything, and I'm not going to try and be sentemental anymore (normally I get to the Elite 4 with about 60% of my first caught Pokemon still going as I couldn't bare to leave someone I've had since level 2 for a level 34 just caught pokemon, but I'm going to have to!)

I just don't know whether to evolve up Patrat, Purrloin etc. and then box them, or box them as soon as a new pokemon comes along and level them up at a later date. Thoughts?

Box them and level at a later date. With the new exp system, they'll be getting about 5000xp per battle at the end of the game just cause they're at lower levels. It'll save you some time, and some precious trainer grinding.

Ah, well then that definitely makes sense, will catch and box them as I go along then.

Although I don't really like any of my pokemon at the minute anyways. The elemental monkeys can piss off, wasn't even that good in the gym battle, the starter is just same-old, same-old and everyone seems to have gone water. And the rest are just typical boring early-on pokemon, although I sort of like Lillipup and it's evolutions.

I cracked and looked ahead of the game so I knew what to catch ¬_¬.

I still want an Audino to be a total healing wall but shaking grass seems pretty rare from what I've seen.

Grr, I spend too long trying to connect to internet and stuff on this and it's annoying me. I'm convinced I used a WEP key anyways, but when I try and connect it just says no Wi-Fi connection available, error: 52000 etc. etc. Gay ass. No idea how to fix it either, just seems unwilling to do anything. All I want is a friend code so I can do some trades with you fine people and stuff. And can I still get a Vicinti?

Anyways, here's my current team (after a spot of Audinoing (the new term for training against Audinos!)) Unfortunately I spent too long training up shite like Patrat when I found out that would be easier at a later date, so I'm not as far ahead as I'd like:

Audino - Level 15

Herdier - Level 16

Dewott - Level 17

Now, I like Audino, it'll be my Chansey-esque wall, and it's a normal type. Now that pretty much means Herdier redundant but I looked at Stoutland's base stats and it seemed pretty useful. Still.. two normal types is a bit daft. I have all the pokemon available thus far (without trading etc.) in the box that I'm aware of, I considered bringing in Blitzle but was thinking of holding out for a better electric type - although I do love zebras. And is it worth bringing in Roggenrola and training that up do you think or not, hopefully I can get my sodding internet sorted so I can trade it for its full form? The rest, Pidove, Patrat, Woobat all seem a bit shit.

I've just arrived in Castelia City. This is my team at the moment:

Roggenrola Level 19

Blitzle Level 17

Pignite Level 17

Tympole Level 18

Throh Level 16

Herdier Level 18

Finding it hard to level Throh because his attacks blow. I have been trying to avoid Bulba'ing all the time and discover for myself whether or not members of my team suck. I've caved though for Throh and am heartened to see that it learns a real move at 17. I plan to go back to the forest to take on the trainers down the road and then probably head into the gym when i'm 20-22 across the board.

Bought a DS off Kijiji today, came with Pearl and I bought Heart Gold, pretty much because I'd like to get used to this whole new generation of Pokemon, Abilities, Natures.. I caught a quick glace at those in FR when I emulated it on the Wii, Pokemon on TV is so much win by the way, but I mainly have been playing Crystal for the last decade or so, so any crash course in 2nd Gen to 4h Gen would be nice... I know Lucario, but thats mainly because my cousin uses him on Brawl.

Current Team - Route 32

Bellsprout - LVL 12

Butterfree - LVL 10

Spearow - LVL 10

Quillava - LVL 16

Mareep - LVL 6

Togepi - Egg

Doing my usual grinding everybody up, pretty much going to stuck with this team until Azalea, let Spearow have his way with Bugsy while getting Togepi up a few levels.

Probably going to play though HG and Pearl before picking up Black.

Got Black Version a few days ago and I just beat the gym in Castlellia City

Current Team

Gurdurr - lv 26

Oshawott - lv 23

Sandile - lv 18

Pansear - lv 18

Blitzle - lv 14

I have a 6th Pokemon too, but it's a Patarat lv 2 that knows cut so not gonna include that as he's only temporary. Pansear and Blitzle are gonna go too I think because they really suck hard. Looking for a good fire, electric and grass type to fill out the team iif anybody has reccomendations. Gurdurr is awesome by the way but I was gutted to find out I need to trade him to evolve him. I'll set up WiFi soon to get the event Pokemon that came with the game and hopefully an EWBer can help me out with evolving Gurdurr!

A lot of people use Gigalith later in the game, so I presume it's powerful

In regards to wireless, is your router broadcasting it's SSID? I know mine won't connect unless it is. :(

May bring in Roggenrola for Lillipup then. Don't see the sense in 2 normal pokemon but I want Audino and I kinda like the Herdier line, so will think.

Also SSID? :( I'm not the smartest with all this stuff, so need everything spelt out for me.

A lot of people use Gigalith later in the game, so I presume it's powerful

In regards to wireless, is your router broadcasting it's SSID? I know mine won't connect unless it is. :(

May bring in Roggenrola for Lillipup then. Don't see the sense in 2 normal pokemon but I want Audino and I kinda like the Herdier line, so will think.

Also SSID? :( I'm not the smartest with all this stuff, so need everything spelt out for me.

SSID is the "name" of your router's wireless signal. If it's not broadcasting, you won't be able to pull it up when searching for available wireless connections.

Pretty sure my WiFi is giving off a signal, it should be able to connect but just doesn't seem to want to at the moment.

Anyways, here is my current team:

Dewott, Level 29

- Tackle

- Razor Shell

- Water Pulse

- Focus Energy

Darumaka, Level 28

- Fire Punch

- Work Up

- Fire Fang

- Head Butt

Herdier, Level 28

- Work Up

- Tackle

- Odor Sleuth

- Crunch

Audino, Level 30

- Pound

- Take Down

- Secret Power

- Refresh

Solosis, Level 25 (currently training)

- Psyshock

- Hidden Power

- Light Screen

- Recover

They all need some adjustments to their movesets, I agree, and I may bench Herdier sooner rather than later. Probably need a better type of pokemon in to help deal with some weaknesses I could come up against.

Here is my PC box so far (just made it to Nimbasa);

Patrat, Pansear, Purrloin, Pidove, Munna, Blitzle, Woobat, Roggenrola, Tympole, Sawk, Throh, Drillbur, Timburr, Sewaddle, Petlil, Cottonee, Venipede, Panpour, Pansage, Sandile, Scraggy, Dwebble, Yamask, Maractus, Sigilyph. There's a few more I need near Route 5/16 but I need to train up Solosis and Pinwheel Forest was easier to get Audino's than either of those routes, sure enough I'll have the pokemon I need in the PC soon though.

Only ones I've really considered using have been Drillbur and Timburr. Drillbur's evolution would be a powerful physical sweeper and I know Conkeldurr would be good if I could get my online sorted so I could trade it to evolve it, but till then seems a tad pointless.

So I completed the main story of the game. Loved the final 'chapter' of it, from the first Elite Four battle onwards. The cut scenes that were used for these parts were amazing. It's stunning to see how much they've improved the graphics, even in normal gameplay, compared to even Gen IV.

Now that I have the main story out of the way and have caught all the Seven Sages around Unova, captured all the legendaries able to be captured solely on White (excluding Landorus), grabbed pretty much every item laying around the region, more or less caught every non-legendary pokemon available in white (just need to evolve them for Dex data), and bought every TM available in the pokecenters, I can now focus on leveling my main party of six up to level 75-80 so I can sweep through the Elite Four and Champion, so that I can then attempt to re-raise certain pokemon and EV train and hatch eggs and all that super fun stuff.

My friend code has changed as well, since I've gotten the DSi XL. My new friend code is 3654 0518 8514.

Right, I believe I have my WiFi sorted possibly. I have a friend code, it's 2752 1131 6063 - feel free to add me as I'd rather trade with EWBers when possible as I believe I can get a fairer deal, than trading with people I haven't ever spoke to at all.

I'll back up through this thread and add codes as I see them but may miss them so add me too if possible, thanks.

My sister got White off Amazon the other day. She then found Black on sale for $25, so she picked that up for me.

So far, I've got four badges, and I can challenge for the fifth. My team looks like this:

- Pignite, Lv. 30 (I'm seriously regretting not naming it Pig Show)

- Gurdurr, Lv. 25

- Simisage, Lv. 23

- Musharna, Lv. 25

- Herdier, Lv. 24

- Sandile, Lv. 23

I made the rookie mistake of evolving Pansage and Munna far too early... so sadly, it's looking like I'll be getting rid of them soon. I picked up another Grass-type at the Desert Resort, as well as a Gothita should I really need a new Psychic-type.

Not really for Pansage. The best move it learns is Seed bomb at 22 (unless you really wanted Crunch and that doesn't get STAB), then give it the Solarbeam TM if/when you get it (and probably Sunny Day if you wanna help Pignite/Emboar as well) and your good to go.

Okay so I finally caught the three legendaries Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion.

Cobalion not so hard but I was totally unprepared, I didn't have any Pokemon who could inflict sleep, paralyze or none with false swipe. I couldn't be arsed going back and getting tp it again so I used the Master Ball.

Virizion was really easy, paralyze - false swipe and one Ultra Ball, caught.

Terrakion - what the hell? Solar beam for most the HP, then down to 1 with False Swipe, paralyzed. So he kills nearly all of my team and im left with Cofagrigus (as most of Terrakions attacks are physical so do not affect).

32 Ultra Balls later and he's not getting caught. What do I have left? 4 heal balls. The third one catches him. The hell!? Ah well, Elite Four time now.