International Football!

Thought that Italy performance was very good. We stopped Scotland from attacking most of the time, although they did have there moments. No easy game and I actually thought Scotland were good when it came to defending at times. Cassano looked very quick and sharp tonight, as did Totti too. The two freekicks were lovely from Pirlo, great job there. I disagree with playing Gilardino up front though, he just didn't look all that good tonight. I would have went with Del actually, he's on a high lately too. Either way the win puts us five points clear for now and one step closer to the next round.

Also from what I heard, the Czech game was a brilliant 4-3 game or something. I'll try catch that soon.

It's the czech republic.. what did you expect? :P It's impressive how they allways seem to be in the way of the netherlands.

You shouldn't be worried about italy, they're better than everyone else in the group and WAY more effective.

Portugal beat Canada in a friendly. This is actually good for portugal considering how bad they have been playing (most of the times). Postiga scored a goal which should bring him to a grand total of 3 goals in club and national team in the past 2 seasons. How they still play him considering his not so recent form i'll never know. He's not even a starter for Porto who are in a 3/4 game losing streak, cause he isn't even playing well enough to fit there, and still manages to get a spot in that portuguese squad. This one is the only game i've watched so far because it was the only one on tv. i'll make sure to watch a couple more on sporttv (portuguese sports channel) either tomorrow or monday. I hope they play the czech republic one.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the repeat of the England/N. Ireland game.

It was pretty good. A shame the Irish kept putting the ball in their own net when it would otherwise have been a perfectly good English goal (I still haven't worked out how Joe Cole (or was it Lampard?) was denied that deflection. It was blatantly going in anyway), and Owen was standing right next to the Southampton guy when he decided to be a cunt and score an own goal just to be different :shifty:

It's also nice to see Tony Capaldi playing well (yeah, so Rooney ran around him, fell over, got back up and Capaldi still couldn't tackle him, but he didn't score any own goals, so he's already got one up on 75% of the rest of the defence :shifty:). If only he'd do that for Argyle more often :angry:

But yeah, they were pretty much owned. You know you're getting your arse kicked when David Beckham passes from just outside his own area, to just outside YOUR area on the opposite side, and you still don't manage to intercept it (that was a thing of beauty, unlike anything else Beckham did last night).

Also, what's with Owen Hargreaves? It's not every day a Canadian-born Englishman starts out his footballing career in Germany and gets called up to the England squad aged 23 :P

Postiga scored a goal  :o  :o  :o

Postiga was a class act, just never got a chance with Spurs particularly, he was blamed for never getting the ball inside the box with a clear goal scoring opportunity. I can remember seeing a Portugal game when the Yid army were turning on his back and the man was treated as a god when he came off the bench and proceeded to core two goals.

Also scored against England in the Euros if I remember correctly (?)

Beckham hasn't played great in a long time. I hate how people try and stick up for him just because he's David Beckham. Yes, when he plays well, he's one of (if not the) best right midfielders in the world.

He keeps on drifting into the middle, when he's supposed to play on the right. He did nothing yesterday. Dyer did more in 20 minutes than he did in 70.

So don't be a twat and try to put it down to Beckham-hating. He doesn't even deserve to be captain.

That's weird, I thought Beckham was playing great like usual. Oh well, even if he score twenty goals people would still say he played poorly so no surprise there.

Great?

Hahahaha.

He played alright, and by alright, I mean he put in some good corners, good freekicks, and some good passes. Dyer came on, ran his heart out (only a small piece of his heart, as it was 20 minutes) and almost set up another goal.

How am I acting like a twat because I know Beckham is a great player?

You all sit there and take the piss out of him simply because of how popular he is. That's always the same excuse with you people. Face it, if he had an amazing match you'd still put him down one way or another. He gets the blame for everything to be honest. When has he really let England down? You people always seem to pin point Beckham as the weakest link.

I couldn't care because I don't support England, not to mention that either way Beckham will be keeping his place in the team anyway :)

How am I acting like a twat because I know Beckham is a great player?

You all sit there and take the piss out of him simply because of how popular he is. That's always the same excuse with you people. Face it, if he had an amazing match you'd still put him down one way or another. He gets the blame for everything to be honest. When has he really let England down? You people always seem to pin point Beckham as the weakest link.

Edited by The Rock Box

with the way England played ie xpect them to at least knock another 4 past Azerbaijan. They aint as good as Northern Ireland who were dominated by England. I was really happy at the 2 CB's, terry and Rio will take some good damn strikers to even cause a struggle at the back, they are both commanding and great in the air. Looking at the full squad England could put in a good challenge for the World Cup and definately Euro 2008