International Football!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: And IAceI, even France and Brazil would struggle against a team like Azerbaijan who have no want to get forward whatsoever.

Fair enough, Poland beat them 8-0...but if you look otherwise, they don't get beaten heavily very often, and have always been a hard side to break down.

YES! Finally. Think we could see a similar situation to Saturday?

:lol: @ Owen. Hand of god! Sounds like he's banned now though, Defoe will get another chance.

Edited by King Ellis

It was a good goal, a little lucky but well deserved. The 'keeper came right to the front post but didn't make much of an effort and left the goal exposed, defenders couldn't clear that because it came off the bar. Still - much needed by England and now Azerbaijan will probably weaken more.

EDIT: And IAceI, even France and Brazil would struggle against a team like Azerbaijan who have no want to get forward whatsoever.

Fair enough, Poland beat them 8-0...but if you look otherwise, they don't get beaten heavily very often, and have always been a hard side to break down.

I'd have to say a team like Brazil could most likely take apart Azerbaijan rather easily even if they're playing extremely defensive. There are people out there who try to over hype England as if we're something absolutely amazing - but I'd expect to see a goal or two even now.

Plus their goalkeeper is a nutter - I was in stitches when England hit the post and the 'keeper practically went for a karate kick.

I don't think Brazil (and France definitely not) would find it that much easier. If a team plays that defensive, it crowds the box, and Brazil wouldn't be able to do thier fancy tricks, or score long shots, as too many bodies would be in the box. Maybe they'd do better than England, but not by much.

I don't think Brazil (and France definitely not) would find it that much easier. If a team plays that defensive, it crowds the box, and Brazil wouldn't be able to do thier fancy tricks, or score long shots, as too many bodies would be in the box. Maybe they'd do better than England, but not by much.

Well once again tonight Beckham proves the critics wrong. I thought he was amazing all around. A tonne of brilliant balls tonight, great passing, amazing touch for his lovely goal and just great all around. Showed so much passion tonight and proved how much he cared for the team.

A few months back I used to question Rooney, but finally I've been proved wrong and shown how good he really is. The guy had another brilliant performance and was probably the best man on the pitch along with Beckham.

England had control most of the time. Could never see them losing and well it was a solid victory. Just wasn't Michaels night tonight which was a shame, but oh well. Solid performance that's for sure. Oh and although I hate Chelsea, Cole is growing a TOUCH on me :blush:

Well once again tonight Beckham proves the critics wrong. I thought he was amazing all around. A tonne of brilliant balls tonight, great passing, amazing touch for his lovely goal and just great all around. Showed so much passion tonight and proved how much he cared for the team.

A few months back I used to question Rooney, but finally I've been proved wrong and shown how good he really is. The guy had another brilliant performance and was probably the best man on the pitch along with Beckham.

England had control most of the time. Could never see them losing and well it was a solid victory. Just wasn't Michaels night tonight which was a shame, but oh well. Solid performance that's for sure. Oh and although I hate Chelsea, Cole is growing a TOUCH on me  :blush:

Wow...I thought Beckham did two things well tonight and that score and, uh, there was something else but I can't remember what it was. His corners were shite and most of his passes were off. That said, his goal was very well taken.

Yet another dull as shit game. I've gone to literally shouting "It's over" when the final whistle is blown. I think I've done that for every single England game for over a year now. It's getting pathetic. Get rid of that shit little Swedish prat and get someone with balls who'll run the team well.

England had control most of the time. Could never see them losing and well it was a solid victory. Just wasn't Michaels night tonight which was a shame, but oh well. Solid performance that's for sure. Oh and although I hate Chelsea, Cole is growing a TOUCH on me  :blush:

Well Rooney was brilliant tonight, so yeah I couldn't care for Defoe right now. I know he's good but Rooney has just been getting better and better, setting up goals and so on.

As for the Beckham stuff, passes off? Most of his crosses were great. Owen and Lampard both had awesome chances from them. Not to mention the awesome cut back freekick with the brilliant volley from Lampard. Alan got it right too when he said Beckham was great tonight. So happy for the guy.

Well once again tonight Beckham proves the critics wrong.

Once again? Bwahaha. Nice try.

He was good, but it was Azerbaijan - everyone should have been. The referee was a bit pedantic - oh no, your boots off, yellow card.

Like Shearer said, you can only beat what's infront of you. Beckham was top notch and actually looked like he wanted it. His finish was very good and I think the middle 4 for us today where the best we could of had. I'm not a fan of Shaun Wright-Phillips at international stage, he seems a very "greedy" player from what I've seen of him in an england top.

Yeah, I'd also say that Beckham had a good game, and was glad he did. Considering the fact that he always works his arse off for the England team, he gets a lot of crap from the media. Fair enough, he is not the same player he was 2 years ago, but he is easily still worth his place in the England squad.