Official Aston Villa Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Real Deal

I'd rather have Keane myself but Bellamy is a good player and I've always liked him. Skysports.com is saying O'Leary is anxious to hold talks with him.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Real Deal

Angel drops Villa hint

I find this hard to believe that he even has the nerve to say such things. I mean we all hope Villa will get into Europe but for a striker that played absolutly shit last season to go into pre season and say such a thing is beyond me.

Edited by The Real Deal

Aston Villa's Peruvian midfielder Nolberto Solano has announced his retirement from international football.

The 30-year-old has decided to call time on his time with the Peruvian national side after a goalless draw with Uruguay which diminished the team’s chances of qualifying for the World Cup.

Peru currently lie eighth in the South American group, three points behind Uruguay who occupy fifth spot.

There are four automatic qualification places while the fifth nation will enter a play-off against the winners of the Oceania Group.

With Peru unlikely to reach Germany 2006 Solano feels it is now time to concentrate solely on his career in the Barclays Premiership.

“It’s time to give opportunities to other players,” he said.

“Now I have to focus on my club. I have to talk with Aston Villa’s board to see what my situation is in the squad.”

source: premierleague.com

Good news for you.

Ellis to undergo heart operation

Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis is set to undergo heart bypass surgery.

The club announced to the London Stock Exchange that the 81-year-old, who first took charge of the club 37 years ago, is in hospital for the operation.

Operations director Steven Stride and company secretary Marion Stringer will run the business with the club's board.

A board meeting has been scheduled to confirm responsibilities during the absence of Ellis, who has been Villa's controlling shareholder since 1982.

Ellis will always have an influence on the club until the day he dies.