Starwars Episode III

It's only the prequels that have made the stormtroopers "all clones". You can see in the Timothy Zahn books (which I know are not applicable to the 'real' SW universe - but were written under the constraints of what the official history was at the time), where they talk of clones being made illegal after the end of the Clone Wars. With this older history, Han's imperial background fits in perfectly.

This makes sense to me. With Palpatine being in power, I can't imagine he'd enjoy seeing a GENUINE Seperatist force, with clones of their own, rise to take him on. I imagine that the Kaminoans (the cloners) would have either been killed or went into exile after finding out the extent of Palpatine's deception. We know that Palpatine keeps at least one of the Cloning facilities in one peice in his personal storhouse on Wayland. By the time of ANH most of the origional 'Stormtrooper' Clones (from ROTS) would be 20 years older anyway (barring genetic tampering to keep them young). I imagine that the Empire would have to recruit (or Conscript) many other soldiers to replace the clones, or just to police the ever expanding Empire.

It's only the prequels that have made the stormtroopers "all clones". You can see in the Timothy Zahn books (which I know are not applicable to the 'real' SW universe - but were written under the constraints of what the official history was at the time), where they talk of clones being made illegal after the end of the Clone Wars. With this older history, Han's imperial background fits in perfectly.

This makes sense to me. With Palpatine being in power, I can't imagine he'd enjoy seeing a GENUINE Seperatist force, with clones of their own, rise to take him on. I imagine that the Kaminoans (the cloners) would have either been killed or went into exile after finding out the extent of Palpatine's deception. We know that Palpatine keeps at least one of the Cloning facilities in one peice in his personal storhouse on Wayland. By the time of ANH most of the origional 'Stormtrooper' Clones (from ROTS) would be 20 years older anyway (barring genetic tampering to keep them young). I imagine that the Empire would have to recruit (or Conscript) many other soldiers to replace the clones, or just to police the ever expanding Empire.

booohoooo for not showing anikan slaugthering the children, weneed an unrated version

Haha yeah, the kid killing thing seemed a little odd to me. It was a bit of an over the top way to establish Anakin as a bad guy...

"Okay, you clone troopers take care of the Jedi Knights around the temple. I, the only force sensitive one on our side, will take care of the children."

Well to be fair, I don't think there were only kids in the building. Palpatine told Anakin to go kill all the Jedi in the Jedi Temple, including the younglings. I'm just assuming that there must have been some Jedi in there as well.

booohoooo for not showing anikan slaugthering the children, weneed an unrated version

Haha yeah, the kid killing thing seemed a little odd to me. It was a bit of an over the top way to establish Anakin as a bad guy...

"Okay, you clone troopers take care of the Jedi Knights around the temple. I, the only force sensitive one on our side, will take care of the children."

Guest Bluesman

Wow, Anakin/Darth is a fucking pussy. Unless he's wiping out kids he gets his ass handed to him. Obi-Wan fucks him up, making him look like a reject from Monty Python's search for the Holy Grail.

I had finally gotten around to seeing Episode I as well, and I must say I prefer the new trilogy much more to the old one. Aside from some of the crappy dialogue, and the crap acting of Christensen (and sometimes others) it blows the originals out of the water. Aside from Harrison Ford the trilogy goes from meh to horrible at times, with the shitty writing and acting.

And finally, George Lucas is horribly overrated.

Wow, Anakin/Darth is a fucking pussy. Unless he's wiping out kids he gets his ass handed to him. Obi-Wan fucks him up, making him look like a reject from Monty Python's search for the Holy Grail.

I had finally gotten around to seeing Episode I as well, and I must say I prefer the new trilogy much more to the old one. Aside from some of the crappy dialogue, and the crap acting of Christensen (and sometimes others) it blows the originals out of the water. Aside from Harrison Ford the trilogy goes from meh to horrible at times, with the shitty writing and acting.

And finally, George Lucas is horribly overrated.

Guest Cereal Killer

I thought the movie was good but not the best movie ever.

I thought there were a few plot holes in the movie though especially on Anakin's turn to the darkside. I mean, I know he was being manipulated by Palpatine but his turn to the darkside was way, way, waaaaaay too quick for my liking. Plus, his rationale for turning to the darkside was to save Padme's life but then he chokes her with the force thinking she betrayed him. Then when he's Vader, he asks how she's doing. Huh?

Guest Bluesman

Plus, his rationale for turning to the darkside was to save Padme's life but then he chokes her with the force thinking she betrayed him. Then when he's Vader, he asks how she's doing. Huh?

Plus, his rationale for turning to the darkside was to save Padme's life but then he chokes her with the force thinking she betrayed him. Then when he's Vader, he asks how she's doing. Huh?

That's because his real reason for turning was personal, like wanting to be a powerful jedi, his lack of emotional maturity, etc. Him going to the darkside to save Padme's life was almost his personal rationalization, when in reality it was the things I had mentioned.

I don't think that's right, to be honest. Anakin was afraid that Padme would die because his dreams about his mother had come true, and seemingly the only way he could save her was through Palpatine. When he at first turned, I don't think he realised what he'd done.

When he thinks Padme betrays him, his anger is most likely because he feels that his turning to the Dark Side was for nothing now. This anger makes him even more enveloped by the dark side, and when he is placed in the Vader mask, he realises the error of hurting Padme, and is regrettful. Once Palpatine tells him he killed Padme, his anger at himself is what makes him the cold, heartless bastard we see in later movies (probably to avoid grief).

Yes he dreams of being the most powerful Jedi ever and ruling the galaxy, but I don't believe he turned for those reasons. I believe he turned for the reason he stated; to save his wife from death.

Well to be fair, I don't think there were only kids in the building. Palpatine told Anakin to go kill all the Jedi in the Jedi Temple, including the younglings. I'm just assuming that there must have been some Jedi in there as well.

Jar-Jar is also in the background when Anakin and Obi-Wan return from rescuing Palpatine

The Millennium Falcon also makes an appearance in that scene.

I liked the film, despite not being a huge Star Wars buff.

pg1_falcon_bg.jpg

The Millenium Falcon. It's at the bottom.

Oh and for these people wondering about Anakin killing actual Jedi in the Temple, I show you this...

pg3_nickgillard_bg.jpg

Edited by The Monkey Molester

ROTS has now pulled in $308,805,000 making it 19 all time and is now less than a million dollars from passing ROTJ and less than 2 mil from passing AOTC