Starwars Episode III

I FINALLY saw it today, and all I can say is BEST. STAR WARS FILMS. OF ALL TIME.

I didn't think they could do it, but they managed to link EVERYTHING in perfectly, and then some more, along with tons of action sequences, new characters/scenes/etc and didn't fuck up the Anakin turn.

Also, Vader losing was great, but no way is that film a fucking 12 certificate. Beheadings, dismemberments, burning bodies, plummetings to death, etc. I mean fuck me. Even I was shocked, and nothing surprises me.

There was one thing that bothered me. Chewbacca just happened to be one of the main wookies in the film, who would later become such a main character? Bizarre coincidence, but I suppose Lucas could say that was 'The Force' doing it.

I also thought it was pretty damn cool when Yoda mentioned Qui-Gon to Obi-Wan. So now we know what Kenobi was doing on Tattoine for so long. Continuing his training with Qui-Gon from beyond the grave and looking over Luke. The Organas adopting Leia was cool too. But I still don't understand how Obi-Wan knew where Yoda was in Episode 5 if Yoda never actually told him he was going to the Degoba (or whatever) System.

I'm going to miss those battle droids. "Roger, roger" is the best catchphrase ever.

Favourite part of the film: The betrayal of the Jedi, where all the clones killed the Jedi. The birth of the Stormtroopers. But that hot blue twi'lek deserved better. :(

Also, the little Jedi kid that pretty much saved Bail Organa was a nice touch.

Just so many things I want to say, but probably no one will care since it's old nes to you. :(

Obi-Wan didn't know where Yoda was until after his death, at least that's what I assume. Kenobi would have spoken with Yoda much like Qui-Gon would have with him.

Didn't the original script have a scene of Obi-Wan communing with Qui-Gon?

Obi-Wan didn't know where Yoda was until after his death, at least that's what I assume. Kenobi would have spoken with Yoda much like Qui-Gon would have with him.

I'm pretty certain it did. I know that in the Star Wars magazine in listed the story of the film, but also included one extra part which was Qui-Gon communicating with Yoda. I'd guess it's just because Liam Neeson was unavailable for shooting or something.

I'm pretty certain it did. I know that in the Star Wars magazine in listed the story of the film, but also included one extra part which was Qui-Gon communicating with Yoda. I'd guess it's just because Liam Neeson was unavailable for shooting or something.

It'll be on the DVD, I wager. Remember, the movie was two and a half hours long. Shit needed to be cut to keep it under 3.

Neeson shot scenes for the Episode 2 DVD, so chances are he shot them for Ep 3 as well.

There was one thing that bothered me. Chewbacca just happened to be one of the main wookies in the film, who would later become such a main character? Bizarre coincidence, but I suppose Lucas could say that was 'The Force' doing it.

It ties back in to what I said earlier in the thread about Han and Chewie. As the story goes, Han was an Imperial Guard and Chewbacca was taken prisoner and was being savagely beaten. Han saved him and the two became best friends; Chewie was likely taken prisoner as a result of some struggle with the Empire. He was a high-ranking Wookie, so if the Empire came to Kashyyk to throw down, I'm sure Chewie was a leader of some kind of resistance.

Guest Wrestling_Man

All I have to say about this movie, it is the best movie I have ever seen in my life, beats Blazing Saddles for #1 on my list and is now my new favorite Star Wars movie behind Return of the Jedi. Although, we didn't have THIS in Revenge of the Sith.

slaveleia.jpg

It ties back in to what I said earlier in the thread about Han and Chewie. As the story goes, Han was an Imperial Guard and Chewbacca was taken prisoner and was being savagely beaten. Han saved him and the two became best friends; Chewie was likely taken prisoner as a result of some struggle with the Empire. He was a high-ranking Wookie, so if the Empire came to Kashyyk to throw down, I'm sure Chewie was a leader of some kind of resistance.

He was orphaned on Corellia, and forced to

steal to survive. He was plucked from his misery by Garris

Shrike, but it was hardly a rescue. Shrike bolstered Solo's

skills as a thief for his own gains, and kept the young boy

effectively inprisoned. Though Shrike sometimes carried

out his scams on worlds other than Corellia, Han got little

time to explore the galaxy. However, he did manage to pick

up a few linguistic skills, and was eventually able to understand Dewlanna, Shrike's Wookiee cook. Han and the Wookiee became friends. Han developed his skills as a pilot - when Shrike allowed him to race swoop bikes - and as a fighter, when he competed in the bare-knuckles All-Human-Free-For-All on Jubilar. Though Han won the contest, Shrike abused him all the same.

By the time he was nineteen, Solo had had enough. He staged a daring escape from the Trader's Luck, and wound up on Ylesia. There, he found employment piloting Hutt spice cargoes, and fell in love with Bria Tharen, a spice worker on the planet. He freed her, and together they escaped Ylesia. They arrived on Coruscant, but Bria left Han when she thought she was holding him back from a career in the Imperial Navy. Han was heart-broken, but did indeed sign up for the Navy. However, he didn't last long as an Imperial officer; by freeing a Wookiee slave from a savage beating, Han was drummed out of Imperial service. The Wookiee, Chewbacca, swore a life-debt to him, and they both began a career in smuggling, on Nar Shaddaa. Han became a renowned face in the smuggling world, and a favourite of Jabba the Hutt. After ably defending Nar Shaddaa from the Imperials, he eventually got his own freighter, the Millennium Falcon, which he won from Lando Calrissian in a sabacc game on Bespin. Han and Chewbacca flew off to the Corporate Sector, where they had many adventures, before returning to Nar Shaddaa.

Solo couldn't believe his luck when he was reunited with Bria, and helped her and the Rebel Alliance raid Ylesia's spice factories. However, Bria double-crossed him and took all the wealth for the Rebellion. Once again heart-broken, Han's situation got even worse when Lando severed his friendship with him, and Han botched a spice run for Jabba. Enraged, the Hutt placed a bounty on Solo's head. Han decided to lay low on Tatooine, but there he recieved the news that Bria had been killed. He couldn't see how things could get any worse...though he hadn't bargained on meeting an old Jedi, a farm boy and two droids looking for passage to Alderaan....

The Imperial part of Han's life was a VERY small portion, barely worth mention if it wasn't for him meeting Chewie there.

Han was an Imperial? But...I thought they were the clones

The Stormtroopers were all clones, but I'm sure as time went on, they also started recruiting troopers and other random officers. And very nice find Apple Shampoo.

It's only the prequels that have made the stormtroopers "all clones". You can see in the Timothy Zahn books (which I know are not applicable to the 'real' SW universe - but were written under the constraints of what the official history was at the time), where they talk of clones being made illegal after the end of the Clone Wars. With this older history, Han's imperial background fits in perfectly.

It's only the prequels that have made the stormtroopers "all clones". You can see in the Timothy Zahn books (which I know are not applicable to the 'real' SW universe - but were written under the constraints of what the official history was at the time), where they talk of clones being made illegal after the end of the Clone Wars. With this older history, Han's imperial background fits in perfectly.

I don't remember too clearly, but I think originally the Clone Wars were meant to have taken place between two sides who were *both* using clones. Hence the reasoning behind making them illegal was "churning out millions of clones just to get slaughtered in an endless bloodbath solved nothing and only made the wars that much more destructive", or something like that.