Starwars Episode III

I haven't seen a topic for it yet where we can talk about the hype then the actual movie when it comes out. Since it comes out tomorrow I figured we can start...

I am excited for this movie. Just got my tickets tonight for midnight release. So might post my thought on the movie tomorrow. So what are your thoughts?

Desktop Clock for the obsessed

EDIT: SPOILER ALERT

Just found this out and I was SHOCKED :o

Anakin becomes Darth Vader~! :shuriken:

Anyways, I am going to see the movie probably Monday Morning since I am done with School tommorow

Edited by Jester of Death

I bought my tickets last Wednesday, and I'm seeing it tomorrow, and I can't wait.

I went to London Monday and got my photo taken with a Stormtrooper, so I have nothing left to do in this life.

I said this is not necessarily the last of the "Star Wars" movies. Although Lucas has absolutely said he is finished with the series, it is inconceivable to me that 20th Century-Fox will willingly abandon the franchise, especially as Lucas has hinted that parts VII, VIII and IX exist at least in his mind. There will be enormous pressure for them to be made, if not by him, then by his deputies.
Edited by Jester of Death

If I see this, it  might not be for another few weeks.  Wait till the interest dies down and I can go cheaper.

Cheaper? Your theatre's are charging more for this? Sucks to be you.

I think he means the dollar theaters, which it will be a long time before Episode III gets to those. Also, their sound and picture quality suck so bad, it won't do the movie justice.

I said this is not necessarily the last of the "Star Wars" movies. Although Lucas has absolutely said he is finished with the series, it is inconceivable to me that 20th Century-Fox will willingly abandon the franchise, especially as Lucas has hinted that parts VII, VIII and IX exist at least in his mind. There will be enormous pressure for them to be made, if not by him, then by his deputies.

According to Roger Ebert, he says that it is within possiblilty of Episodes VII, VIII, IX.

But with that said, George Lucas has said he is absolutely finished with making these movies.

So the question is, would you want to see a continuation of this series if George Lucas isn't involved?

According to Roger Ebert, he says that it is within possiblilty of Episodes VII, VIII, IX.

But with that said, George Lucas has said he is absolutely finished with making these movies.

So the question is, would you want to see a continuation of this series if George Lucas isn't involved?

I got my tickets for the midnight showing at famous players in Square One. Man oh man, what a ride its been and to see it finally close :crying:

According to the 'Feel the Force' thing on Sky One earlier on, they're going to be making a 3-D (or a live action, one or the other) version of the Clone Wars cartoon, as well as another live-action series based on the obscure characters in the Star Wars films. That's what Lucas said anyway. Whether he's joking or not, I hope he isn't because I'd love it if they made more.

I've just booked my tickets for tomorrow's showing, a few friends are meeting up there. Kraigy and I were talking about meeting up to go see it but since I've not spoken to him all day I can only assume he's intimidated by my awesomeness <_<

On the subject of VII, VIII and IX, I guess it could work without Lucas. I and II weren't exactly stellar by any means, but I'll wait till tomorrow before I write him off.

I've seen the cinemas from the game. A cool alternate ending has Anakin killing Obi-Wan, telling Palpatine, Palpatine saying "The galaxy will be ours," Anakin pulling out his lightsaber, turning it on through Palpatine, and saying "No. The galaxy is MINE!" Pretty cool, if you didn't already know that that doesn't happen.

I don't even know what to say about ROTS right now..I just loved it.

On the topic of 7, 8, 9 being made... I'd rather them not have any involvement from Lucas, other than his ideas being given to other writers.

I believe strongly that Lucas has great ideas, and liken him to Vince Russo in that while he does have great ideas, he has equally as many shitty ones, and they need to be filtered.

Also, Palpatine hinted towards a time when the Sith ruled the galaxy... I thought it would be cool to see just what happened in that time, and how things changed.

Episode VI didn't leave a lot for Episode VII to really do, especially since all of the actors have since grown up/passed away/moved on/etc... they'd either have to completely re-cast the surviving characters, or completely move on to a different story, and both of those options have severe faults.