Starwars Episode III

Just got back from the theaters, and all I can say is: WOW.

*Spoilers*

The final battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan was awesome, and Anakin's heel turn was perfectly built up. Pity General Grevious didn't last long though, there was just something about him that reeked of bad-assedness

Pity General Grevious didn't last long though, there was just something about him that  reeked of bad-assedness

Are you fucking kidding? It was CRIMINAL what they did to my namesake. They cut his best line and they killed him off like a fucking curtain jerker.

IT WAS A CRIME.

A TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE.

And Anakin was emo, EVEN IN THE SUIT. Blargh.

Still, it was pretty damn badass.

Pity General Grevious didn't last long though, there was just something about him that  reeked of bad-assedness

Are you fucking kidding? It was CRIMINAL what they did to my namesake. They cut his best line and they killed him off like a fucking curtain jerker.

IT WAS A CRIME.

A TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE.

And Anakin was emo, EVEN IN THE SUIT. Blargh.

Still, it was pretty damn badass.

Dooku was way better. You take that back.

Oh, and if you haven't yet seen the movie, marvel at the technology of the BATTERY OPERATED MECHANICAL HAND. No wonder his breathing was so slow, he was running out of Duracells.

post-215-1116505870_thumb.jpg

post-215-1116505870_thumb.jpg

Edited by Count Dooku

I honestly loved it coming from a not so big of a star wars fan, action nearly every second, great scenes...overall greatness

even got my mum (mom) who never seen a star wars movie watching it, and she walked out after I explained to her why Lucas made IV V VI before or telling her that these movies were set before the older ones (IV V VI) which made her want to buy the box set which we both paid for

I'm seeing it tonight, I had tickets reserved, but the god damn movie theater didn't have our 'reservations' for last night at midnight. So I seriously am hating that theater, hopefully it'll be good, I've read the book, know what will happen, and I hate that Dooku's going to die like a fricking punk. Dooku pwned in Episode II only to get his ass whooped in Episode III at the very beggining, that's messed up.

Can't wait to see Windu/Yoda/Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan though. The Heel Turn from the book was splendidly done, and i pitied him at the very end... well then again the poetry at the end of the book -.-'

Edit: and the time when "Sith Ruled" was Revan/Malak and even before that, as there was a time before that, that Sith ruled even further, 'totally'. The Sith returned, killed all the Jedi, or the Jedi 'left the order', and thus in KoToR II, it's trying to bring the Jedi Order back, while the Sith Order is now 'prepared to rule the galaxy'.

Oh, and Revan/Malak>Palpatine.

Edited by Mortis

Just got back from seeing it. It was pretty good, considering it's prequels, and it leads on nicely into the next movies.

Greivous was awesome when he was fighting, but it was annoying that he'd be crouched over, coughing any other time :|

I didn't really give a fuck about Dooku, so I'm not too bothered about him dying. The end was good, with the simultaneous fights between Sidious/Yoda and Obi-Wan/Anakin. The rest was kinda meh, but overall it was worth it.

I loved this movie and it had me and my friends acting like little Star Wars obsessed kids all over again on the way out of the theatre.

My only gripe was that they should have put in more Kashyyyk as that battle was shaping up to be fucking badass and then they just cut away.

I loved it from start to finish. Hayden Christensen when trying to look bad-ass, looks bad-ass, so that's good.

There was some crappy 'Lucas-esque' dialogue (if you know what I mean) that kinda killed the mood at times.

Mind you, hearing Darth Vader asking how Padme is made me wanna laugh for some reason.

The scene everyone is going to hate is the birth of Vader scene because of the "where's Padme" line. But as goofy as it is seeing the most badass of all badasses crying out for a woman, the point has to be illustrated that it's still Anakin in there. He's still not completely evil because he did it all for Padme... in New Hope, he had 18 years to get over it and become the stone cold bastard that he is in the later trilogy.

The scene everyone is going to hate is the birth of Vader scene because of the "where's Padme" line.  But as goofy as it is seeing the most badass of all badasses crying out for a woman, the point has to be illustrated that it's still Anakin in there.  He's still not completely evil because he did it all for Padme... in New Hope, he had 18 years to get over it and become the stone cold bastard that he is in the later trilogy.

It's very true.

What I wanna know is how it took them 18 fucking years to build the damn Death Star, considering the outside of the thing looked about 40% complete. That's some slow friggin work don't ya think?

What I wanna know is how it took them 18 fucking years to build the damn Death Star, considering the outside of the thing looked about 40% complete. That's some slow friggin work don't ya think?

It's those damn intergalactic independent contractors.

But perhaps it took them awhile to get the Death Star fully operational. You know, having the frame built is just the beginning, think of all the wiring, plumbing, and employment processes they had to go through. A building is one thing, but there's a lot that goes into completing a planet-destroying space station.

It is amazing. From the compelling opening to the emotional ending, this film is simply amazing. George Lucas has finally given us an installment in the saga that is worthy of the Star Wars name. The first episode was ok, the second was so much better and now this actually can stand with pride along side the original three.

My expectations were not met but exceeded.

The visuals were almost perfect. Although some shots were lacking...ILM seems to be behind the current quality in CGI...the overall quality was pure magic. Yoda was once again amazing and was just as good as having a real puppet like the original version from years ago.

John Williams' score far exceeded his previous two. He blended new themes with old ones to create a hauntingly beautiful and emotionally packed work of art. It is among his best work in years.

The acting was not Oscar worthy, but then again what Star Wars film has great acting. What it had, though, was great characters that were done to the best of their ability. The acting was not terrible; I actually was not distracted by it this time as much as in the previous two films. Natalie Portman has grown into her role very well and Hayden Christensen no longer maintained his petulant child act. They both did...I never thought I would say this...great jobs. Also great were Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid. Both just captivated me with their performance.

George Lucas, despite his inability to weave words without producing awkward dialogue, did a formidable job writing the screenplay and directing the action. It is as if the first two were just in the way of what he was really trying to produce. This is the well-fleshed out product of an amazing imagination.

The whole film is really just captivating and worthy of as much attention as it is getting. I loved it and can't wait to see it again...as many times as possible because a trip to see it on the big screen is worth it.

9/10

As it stands right now

1.) The Empire Strikes Back

2.) Revenge of The Sith

3.) A new hope

4.) Return of the Jedi

5.) Attack Of The Clones

6.) The Phantom Menace

Amazing movie. Saw it last night at midnight with the obsessed people in New York City. Best part was as soon as the credits started rolling, and everyone got done cheering, everyone who had one, lit up their lightsabers, and there were several "duels" going on in the streets of the city, and the lobby of the movie theatre.

To me it had everything, it had drama, action, climax all rolled into one I feel the story really told a tragedy in itself.

Anakin only went to the darkside for Padme, and that is why he wants to know if she lives, he did it all for her, his love for her drived him over the edge. When she is dead he knows he is lost and confused forever as there are no Jedi he can turn to and help himself, and he owes Palaptine his life for saving him in Mustafar.

Put the best scene is when Anakin is going to kill Dooku, Palapatine says kill him and Dooku just gives him a stare of WTF.