Starwars Episode III

I don't see why everyone's ripping on the dialogue, outside of a few poorly written lines, it was fine. It's the same thing people did to Clones, bashing it for one really stupid line, which while it was corny, was exactly some lame ass shit some lovestruck teenage boy who writes poetry would say to some chick.

I don't see why everyone's ripping on the dialogue, outside of a few poorly written lines, it was fine.  It's the same thing people did to Clones, bashing it for one really stupid line, which while it was corny, was exactly some lame ass shit some lovestruck teenage boy who writes poetry would say to some chick.

I don't see why everyone's ripping on the dialogue, outside of a few poorly written lines, it was fine.  It's the same thing people did to Clones, bashing it for one really stupid line, which while it was corny, was exactly some lame ass shit some lovestruck teenage boy who writes poetry would say to some chick.

Zero, your breaking my heart.

As opposed to you, who breaks the brains of everyone around you.

Okay, question...

Was there a reason behind the name Vader...or did Palpatine just yank that one right out from his ass?

I think Palpatine just made it up. He did seem like he was thinking for a moment there, after "Darth".

Well, maybe "Vader" means something in the Sith Dialogue...though the whole "Darth" thing still loses me a bit. After all, Exar Kun didn't need a new name. Eh, whatever.

Personally, I liked the movie. Portman's acting was good, her lines were just crap. If there's one thing Lucas can't do, it's love scenes. That "Are you an Angel?" line in TPM is probably one of the main reasons why people hate it (that and Jar-Jar, of course).

Killing off all the Jedi - you saw it coming, but you really didn't want to see it. I thought that one teen/pre-teen at the temple right as Bail Organa arrives was a cool little detail. Anakin slaughtering younglings...that's one hell of a painful thought.

Anybody notice they never have Corellia anywhere in the movie? Or Corellian Jedi? Know why? Corellian Jedi were allowed to be married - they run off of a lot of different rules, simply because they can.

"Strike him down." Anybody see a similarity between ROTS and ROTJ in that one? Anybody?

And the X-Wing like and TIE-like fighters...confusing. WHERE WERE THE Z-95's?

Death Star, Expanded Universe book explanation: Designed at Maw Installation by Qwi Xux, prototype built there, then completed in some remote place in the galaxy. So, I guess you were looking at the prototype.

My version of the birth of Vader - still kinda' off, but better than Vader screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!":

Vader: Where is Padme? Is she all right?

Palpatine: Vader, I am unsure whether you truly wish to know.

Vader: (Insistent) Just tell me.

Palpatine: Anakin, it appears that in your anger and hate for Obi-Wan Kenobi, you killed her.

Vader: (Incredulous) What?

Palpatine: I am sorry, Lord Vader.

Vader: No, you are not.

Palpatine: Truly, I am. Together, I had hoped we could save her. You had the same hope, and dashed it with a strangling hand.

Vader: (Attempting to break the shackles) DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!

Palpatine: Anakin, you anger is good. How you use it, on the other hand, is another matter. The galaxy can be ours to rule together, or it can be mine to rule alone. I leave you with that choice. (Exits room.)

Vader: (Finally breaks shackles, crushes the nearest medical droid, pauses for a second) If I must feel pain, than all will feel pain.

It at least explains why Vader stayed with Palpatine when his reasons were gone.

Ending sequence was cool.

The whole Windu-Palpatine thing: Anybody notice that when Windu gave in to his anger, he got shot down? I say that proves the true mettle of a Jedi - if hate and anger actually allow for your downfall, and they're your emotions, then you truly were a Jedi.

WHAT WAS WITH ALL THE DAMN HAND-SLICING?

As for the Jedi retreat, I figure that Obi-Wan and Yoda knew they had little chance of truly succeeding if they went back. Also, as to not saving Anakin, you really think that Kenobi is dumb enough to run down by a river of lava to save a man that wants him dead? Or even to kill a man that wants him dead?

Overall, pretty good, but my list:

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. Return of the Jedi

4. A New Hope (Wait, that's the episode number...)

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. The Phantom Menace (Personally, I liked the Pod Racers and Darth Maul...sure, Anakin as a kid and Jar-Jar were annoying as hell, but...)

6. Attack of the Clones (Felt a bit more off to me. I don't know why.)

Vader kept with the tradition of the Lucas Sith names having something bad involved with them.

Plagius = Plauge

Sidious = Insidious

Maul = Either for the weapon or to literally maul someone

Tyranus = Tyrant

Vader = Invader or taken after the Dutch word for "Father"

Hmmm...those damn evil Dutch.... :shifty:

And Darth is kinda like a Sith surname or title. Bear in mind that 4,000 years past between Exar Kun and the saga, and that in that time, Sith philosophy changed greatly. Darth Bane was the sole survivor and adopted the rule of two, but even before him, the Sith in his particular sect or branch all took the name "Darth", as seen in KOTOR2.

All in all, Darth probably was a symbol for the type of Sith schooling you got, eg very patient, ready to wait it out before plans go into effect.

Edited by TheMick

Vader kept with the tradition of the Lucas Sith names having something bad involved with them.

Plagius = Plauge

Sidious = Insidious

Maul = Either for the weapon or to literally maul someone

Tyranus = Tyrant

Vader = Invader or taken after the Dutch word for "Father"

Well, he kills Palpatine in Jedi for a much different reason than he alluded to in Sith.  Anakin was young, selfish and power hungry in Sith, but at the end of Jedi, he kills the Emperor in a selfless act to save his son.  And on top of that, he sacrifices himself in the process, proving that deep down, Anakin was always a good person but lacked the patience and level-headedness needed to be a Jedi.

More important then Jedi to that exhange is Empire... he makes basically the same promise to Luke that he does to Padme... destroy the Emperor, rule the galaxy together, make peace... I don't think that exchange was a coincidence.

Just came back, and I absolutely loved it. Was anyone else mad though that they didn't show Qui Gon Jin at the end? If they weren't going to, they shouldn't have gotten my hopes up and said it, because Qui Gon was the man in TPM. As for my list of the Star Wars movies, mine go like this:

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. Return of the Jedi

3. Revenge of the Sith

4. A New Hope

5. The Phantom Menace

6. Attack of the Clones

Palpatine is the one that killed his master in his sleep. I'm almost sure that his master had Vader in his name.

Could've been any sith, probably was Palpatine though.

A true Sith master will never tell his apprentice everything he knows because then the apprentice will have no need for the master, and will kill him, and then become the master himself before taking on an apprentice. Big old circle thing. Yeah, the nerd in my came out there.

I watched it yesterday and thought it was pretty awesome, the special effects are just, wow. And when Anakin heel turned I marked like a bitch, I knew it was coming obviously but when it happened, it fucking ruled.

Yoda is my new favourite thing in the whole world.

And one bit that really made me laugh was when R2-D2 zapped the gun out of the guards hand and then the guard kicked him over, I loved that, it was classic.

I can't wait to get my hands on the whole trilogy, not the one that is out now called 'The Trilogy'. It's not really now is it? As it is forgetting one part.

Palpatine is the one that killed his master in his sleep. I'm almost sure that his master had Vader in his name.

If you're meaning the guy Palpatine mentioned that knew how to save people from death, then his name was Darth Plaguis (sp?). I didn't notice any reference to Vader in that scene, but I know the Sith Lord was Plaguis.

I typed up a long post about this 20 minutes ago, but when I pressed enter, Lafunk had suspended my account. Bah. <_<

Anyways, I'm sure I heard the name Vader in that scene where they're at that big bubble show.

I typed up a long post about this 20 minutes ago, but when I pressed enter, Lafunk had suspended my account. Bah. <_<

Anyways, I'm sure I heard the name Vader in that scene where they're at that big bubble show.

My problem with that scene was it showed just what an idiot Anakin was. Paplatine was practically dressed up as a clown holding a big neon sign that said "HEY! I'M A SITH!!!", while Ani just kinda nodded.

I figure that a lot of what happenes later in the trilogy was all a big hush-hush plot. It's pretty obvious that R2 and Obi-Wan knew each other, and I guess they decided for Luke's sake not to spill the beans about Anakin, and Owen and Beru were in on it too.

I only wonder how much Owen and Beru really knew Anakin. I guess Shmi told them stories, and that's how Beru drew up the whole "He has too much of his father in him," followed by a line that know seemingly has a lot greater emphasis "That's what I'm afraid of".

I think Owen sums it up.

My problem with that scene was it showed just what an idiot Anakin was. Paplatine was practically dressed up as a clown holding a big neon sign that said "HEY! I'M A SITH!!!", while Ani just kinda nodded.

I figure that a lot of what happenes later in the trilogy was all a big hush-hush plot. It's pretty obvious that R2 and Obi-Wan knew each other, and I guess they decided for Luke's sake not to spill the beans about Anakin, and Owen and Beru were in on it too.

I only wonder how much Owen and Beru really knew Anakin. I guess Shmi told them stories, and that's how Beru drew up the whole "He has too much of his father in him," followed by a line that know seemingly has a lot greater emphasis "That's what I'm afraid of".

I think Owen sums it up.

Edited by Pepsi