Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

Because it's a message board use to get points across.

My point is I couldn't give a toss.

I used fuck twice, doesn't actually mean anything. Look I used it again :rolleyes:

Technically you didn't "use" it,as you were just pointing out you'd used it in another sentence.....

Meh, just my two cents >_>

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool agree a deal for Hobbs

Liverpool have confirmed they have agreed a deal with Lincoln for highly-rated teenager Jack Hobbs.

A proposed move to Arsenal for Hobbs, 16, broke down when the Gunners refused to include a sell-on clause.

Lincoln director Keith Rowe earlier told BBC Radio Lincolnshire: "I have sent a proposal to a major Premiership club in the north west."

The deal is subject to Hobbs successfuly coming through a week-long trial which will take place next week.

Inter release Vieri

Internazionale have cancelled the contract of Christian Vieri, thus paving the way for him to move on.

The Italian international has been linked with a move to England and Tottenham Hotspur in the Italian media.

Vieri endured a difficult season with inter last term, with the player even falling out with the club's supporters.

The former Juventus man failed to hold down a regular place in the Inter side last season due to the emergence of Adriano and Obafemi Martins and Inter have decided to release him from his contract, which still had a year to run.

"Inter and Christian Vieri have mutually decided to rescind the contract that was due to expire on June 30, 2006 early," read a club statement.

"Negotiations between the player and the club progressed smoothly, and the documents related to the issue were registered at the Lega Calcio (Football League) offices this morning (Friday).

"FC Internazionale thank Christian Vieri for having contributed for six seasons to the history of the club.

"Christian Vieri thanks Inter and its fans for the professional respect and affection which characterised the relationship."

The news is sure to alert a number of clubs, with Tottenham thought to be keen on signing the 31-year-old.

It has also been suggested that Chelsea could be interested in the experienced striker, as they look to bolster their attack following the departures of Mateja Kezman and Mikael Forssell this summer.

A number of foreign sides are also thought to be chasing Vieri and there is sure to be no shortage of admirers for the former Lazio man.

I think he'll definetly end up in England. Don't know why, but I do. He'd fit in well here, unlike Crespo the other season. He can still score a bucket load of goals, so he'd be a great addition for any team. Probably end up at some team like Middlesbrough.

Middlesbrough did not enjoy the best of afternoons yesterday. Hours after hearing that Aiyegbeni Yakubu, their £7.5m signing from Portsmouth, had been refused a work permit, they learnt that their new £1.8m buy from Bayer Leverkusen, the Austria left-back Emanuel Pogatetz, is facing a worldwide six-month ban.

If Fifa opt to implement the suspension already imposed by the Football Union of Russia for a foul Pogatetz committed last weekend while playing his final game on loan for Spartak Moscow, he will be forced to delay his Boro debut until January. Pogatetz was sent off 15 minutes into the match for what has been described as an "horrific" two-footed, thigh-high tackle which left his opponent with double leg fractures and a double dislocation.

"I'm sorry the guy is hurt but I did not tackle him from behind," said the 22-year-old. "I can't believe the consequences can be so tough."

Boro are confident that Yakubu's appeal on Monday will prove successful. Although the Nigeria striker has not completed the number of international appearances mandatory to obtain a work permit over the last two seasons, he possesses a letter from the Nigerian FA explaining this is due to a disciplinary dispute and two bouts of malaria.

Bwahahaha. That's brilliant, x 2.

Liverpool expect to announce the signing of the Albacete winger Mark González today with the Chilean initially joining on a year-long loan deal with a view to a permanent £4m transfer if he proves his fitness.

The 20-year-old is currently sidelined with a cruciate ligament injury in his left knee but expects to be fit to return to first-team action in October. The European champions also hope to announce the £6m signing of the Villarreal goalkeeper José Reina today.

Dan bums that Gonzalez guy on FM, but that's all I know.

Bhoys bag Aliadiere

Celtic have completed the signing of Arsenal striker Jeremie Aliadiere on loan.

The young Frenchman has joined the Scottish giants on a season-long loan deal.

Celtic lined up a deal with The Gunners earlier this week and they have now tied up the move.

Aliadiere is well down the pecking order at Highbury and Gunners boss Arsene Wenger boss is happy to loan him out, so that he can get valuable first team experience.

Aliadiere becomes the second signing of the summer for Bhoys boss Gordon Strachan after the arrival of Mo Camara.

Celtic have been handed a second boost with the news that Craig Beattie has signed a new deal at the club.

The 22-year-old, who is highly-rated within the corridors of Parkhead, has penned a new-three year deal.

Beattie enjoyed a fine end to the season last term scoring twice in his last four games and he will be aiming to make a push into the first team for the new campaign which gets underway later this month

Well, if Aliadiere doesn't score into the double-figures range he's a flop and we should get rid of him. If he can't get at least 10 goals in Scotland, he'll do shit here I think.

If Bellamy's loan to Celtic has proven anything, its that medicore premiership players can become overnight stars in the SPL. With that in mind Aliadiere will come back over-rated as fuck and if they want to, Arsenal could probably get a good price for him.

I'm also surprised to see Vieri released. I've always considered him to be an 'Inter player', in the true sense of the term. To imagine him at any other club in the world right now seems strange but I guess he'd have to move on sooner of later with the emmergance of Adriano and Martins at the club. He'll probably end up at Spurs, although his best days are long behind him he could still do a club like that some reasonable good.

Liverpool expect to announce the signing of the Albacete winger Mark González today with the Chilean initially joining on a year-long loan deal with a view to a permanent £4m transfer if he proves his fitness.

The 20-year-old is currently sidelined with a cruciate ligament injury in his left knee but expects to be fit to return to first-team action in October. The European champions also hope to announce the £6m signing of the Villarreal goalkeeper José Reina today.

Dan bums that Gonzalez guy on FM, but that's all I know.

Edited by Malenko

I meant more along the lines that when I think of Inter I would automatically think of him, in the past at least. He's a player you'd just associate with the club and although he had 'been around' so-to-speak before joining them, when he did It just seemed like he had found 'his' club. Maybe thats just me though...

Anyway, speaking of Vieri:

Magpies fail with enquiries

Newcastle United manager Graeme Souness has confirmed he has failed with enquiries for Alan Smith and Christian Vieri.

The Magpies chief is desperate to pep up his attacking options but made fruitless approaches for the Manchester United and Internazionale attackers.

Vieri, whose contract was rescinded with Inter on Friday, is known to be interesting Tottenham but Souness thinks the Italian is bound for La Liga.

"We did inquire about Christian Vieri," he told Newcastle's official website.

"I got a mutual friend to have a word with the player but it appears he wants to go to Spain.

"We made an inquiry for Alan Smith also but were told there is nothing doing."

Smith has always maintained he wants to fight for his place at Old Trafford after arriving from Leeds United last year.

The tigerish England international is keen for more first team opportunities to prove his worth to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Italian sources claim Vieri is attracted by a possible move to England, having played in Spain before with Atletico Madrid, but Souness's information would appear to suggest otherwise.

Vieri going to Spurs would make sense. With Mido looking to be on the way out and Jol liking to have two smaller fowards, Defoe and Keane, and the two big ones, Vieri/Mido and Kanoute, I could definately see it happening if they can match his wages.

• Admin

Newcastle striker Craig Bellamy is having a medical at Blackburn.

The 25-year-old Welsh striker is at Ewood Park ahead of a proposed move, with the fee set to be just under £5m.

Bellamy is out of favour with Newcastle manager Graeme Souness after the two fell out last season and the Magpies are keen see him leave St James' Park.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at Celtic and they were interested in a permanent deal, along with Everton and Aston Villa too.

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd said Celtic had done everything they could to complete the signing of Bellamy.

"I can assure Celtic fans that their club did everything within its power to try and get the player," he told the club's official website.

"But it seems the lure of the Premiership is obviously too much."

Newcastle bought Bellamy from Coventry in June 2001 for £6m.

Credit - BBC

Now, to go and laugh at all the Celtic fans who've been bombarding Rovers' message boards with "he'll never choose you over us"