Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if Sven said that, Owen would be guaranteed an England place even if he didn't play at all for Real this season.

And that's not a criticism of Owen, I think he's a great player, it's a criticism of Sven and the fact that he has players that are guaranteed a place regardless of their form (see Beckham, David)

• Admin

Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes sign new deals at Man U till 2009.

Kieron Dyer signs for Newcastle till 2009. GO said chances of signing Owen look good.

Arsenal's David Bentley is transfer listed upon request.

Villa made improved offer for Liverpool's Milan Baros. Believed to be 6 million, he should go.

On a side note, whatever happened to that John Mikel Obi guy Chelski and Man U were fighting about?

• Admin

[source: 4thegame.com]

City sign Hungarian starlet

Reports suggest Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce has added to his goalkeeping options by snapping up Debrecen shot-stopper David Vadon.

The Hungarian goalkeeper impressed while on trial at Eastlands and has been handed a two-year deal by City.

The teenager has represented his country at Under-17 level and his father - Lajos - confirmed how the transfer came about.

"Last year the Hungarian Under-17 team received an invitation from the FA to play a friendly against them," he told Debrecen's official website.

"The game was played in Preston North End's stadium on November 17 and David caught the eye of the Manchester City youth scouts in a goalless draw.

"He received a trial invitation for ten days.

"They liked his performances and this summer decided to sign him permanently."

City already have goalkeepers David James, Nicky Weaver, Geert de Vleiger and Kasper Schmeichel on their books.

Ellington move stalls

Wigan Athletic manager Paul Jewell insists Nathan Ellington's transfer to West Brom has not been completed and is considering picking the player for Sunday's Premiership opener against Chelsea.

Ellington held talks with Albion on Friday, but no transfer has been completed as speculation intensifies that the player will move to The Hawthorns in a £3million deal.

However, Jewell told the club's official website: "No deal has been done so Nathan (Ellington) is still our player.

"He'll be training with the rest of the players on Saturday morning and he's in contention for the match against Chelsea.

"There is no reason why I shouldn't play him; he is still a Wigan Athletic player after all."

Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes sign new deals at Man U till 2009.

Kieron Dyer signs for Newcastle till 2009. GO said chances of signing Owen look good.

Arsenal's David Bentley is transfer listed upon request.

Villa made improved offer for Liverpool's Milan Baros. Believed to be 6 million, he should go.

On a side note, whatever happened to that John Mikel Obi guy Chelski and Man U were fighting about?

Nigerian teenager John Obi Mikel has been told to return to Norway to fulfil his contract duties with Lyn Oslo.

Fifa have been investigating the complex situation of Mikel, after Manchester United announced a deal for the midfielder in April.

The Red Devils signed contracts with both Lyn and Mikel for the 18-year-old to move to Old Trafford in the New Year.

Almost immediately after the transfer was announced, Mikel headed out of Norway, claiming he was bullied into signing for United.

He then stressed a desire to join Chelsea, which prompted Lyn to lodge a complaint to Fifa against the Premiership champions and agents John Shittu and Rune Hauge.

Football's governing body have now completed their probe into the issue and have ordered Mikel to return to Lyn.

"By not resuming duties with his club after having represented his Under-20 national team in the Fifa World Youth Championship, John Obi Mikel has failed to perform his contractual obligations and, therefore, has committed contractual breach," read a statement on behalf of Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber.

"It has also been noted that John Obi Mikel has been duly granted the visa and work permit required.

"It has, therefore, been decided that John Obi Mikel must immediately resume duties with Lyn Oslo FC in accordance with the employment contract concluded on April 22, 2005.

"Should the player fail to return to his club in Norway, the case will be submitted to the next meeting of the Chamber in order for it to take the appropriate action."

Though Mikel has been ordered to link up with Lyn again, it is still unclear whether he will be joining United in January as had previously been arranged.

• Admin

De Zeeuw went bac to Wigan right?

Sao Paulo have hinted that Brazil full-back Cicinho could join Manchester United before the end of the month, providing his application for an EU passport is successful.

The 25-year-old was reported to have held talks with United earlier in the week, despite the fact no fee has been agreed between the clubs.

However, Sao Paulo have made it clear they are willing to discuss selling Cicinho, even if United are not prepared to meet the £6.6million buyout clause in his contract.

Sporting director Juvenal Juvencio on the Brazilian club's official website: "If Cicinho gets the Italian nationality by 31 August and the English club pay the transfer fee, we are requesting then he will go.

"Cicinho will come to training and we will await Manchester's position regarding the negotiation.

"If they pay the buyout clause he will go straight away. Otherwise negotiations will have to be done at the end of the month.

"If by then there is no agreement, because the transfer market will then be closed, we will have nothing further to discuss. Cicinho would then remain at Sao Paulo at least until the end of the year."

Cicinho, who shot to stardom with some scintillating displays at the Confederations Cup, is hoping to secure an EU passport through his Italian-born grandfather.

And thanks for elaborating on Obi.

• Admin

KANOUTE EXPECTS TO LEAVE

Spurs striker Fredi Kanoute believes that the White Hart Lane club are actively trying to sell him.

The 27-year-old Mali international was left on the bench for the Premiership opener at Portsmouth on Saturday and feels that he may be moving on in the near future.

Kanoute said: "The truth is Tottenham are definitely willing to sell me. It's clear they are prepared to let me go if they receive a good price.

"I won't be rushed into making a move, though. I don't want to leave in a hurry and end up having regrets so I have a lot to think about.

"I will only choose to do something I want to do and that means taking up a challenge that I will like.

"Ever since I came back from holiday my name has constantly been linked with other clubs and, no matter how hard I try not to let it affect me, I can't ignore all of the rumours and reports."

Former club West Ham and Spanish outfit Sevilla have been mentioned as possible bidders for Kanoute.

Why post exactly the same thing in both Transfer and the Club's offical threads within a minute of one another?

If you're going to post each and every single piece of news at very least make sure you, yourself comment upon it. I believe G-O-D was warned of the same thing quite a while ago, so I'm just giving you the heads-up before the same thing happens to you.

• Admin

Chelsea's persistence in their pursuit of Michael Essien appears to have paid off after Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas confirmed the Ghanaian midfielder is set to leave the club.

The Blues' efforts seemed to have failed last week when Aulas called off negotiations about the proposed transfer, but the player's determination to move to Stamford Bridge forced him to backtrack.

The details of the deal are still to be finalised, but the 22-year-old will cost more than the club record £24million Chelsea paid to sign Didier Drogba from Marseille last summer.

"We have reached an agreement in principle," explained Aulas. "There are still a few details to sort out. Pending last-minute difficulties, he will leave.

"It's a wrench. But for the club this is a good deal, the transfer should be superior to that of Didier Drogba and Lyon's biggest."

Aulas admitted Essien's insistence he no longer wanted to play for Lyon was the major factor in his change of heart about the transfer.

He added: "I did all I could but I could not persuade him (to stay). I talked about this to everybody at the club and they all encouraged me to let him go.

"I wish him success, but not too much. One thing is for sure, a club who have him will have more chances to win the Champions League than a club who do not."

Lyon had earlier put a £31million price tag on Essien and demanded that Tiago joined them as part of any deal, but it is not yet clear whether Chelsea's Portuguese midfielder will link-up with the French champions.

Source: 4thegame.com

Baros not bitter

Tuesday 16 Aug 2005

4thegame's excellent txt:alerts service is back for the new season - don't miss a trick with 4thegame!

Liverpool striker Milan Baros insists he is close to sealing a switch to Aston Villa but is not bitter about his imminent Anfield exit.

The Czech Republic international has been linked with a move away from last season's Champions League winners throughout the summer with Everton, Schalke 04, West Ham, Lyon and Valencia all keen to sign the 23-year-old.

Milan Baros sad January 2005 feature size

MILAN BAROS

Liverpool had been holding out for £7million for the former Banik Ostrava forward while Villa were only prepared to offer £6million, but a compromise appears to have been reached between the two clubs.

Baros said: "Villa increased their offer and we've come to an agreement on the financial front. But that doesn't mean that it's already a done deal.

"Villa are a quality club, and I don't consider this a backward step at all. My situation will be better there."

Djibril Cisse, Fernando Morientes and Peter Crouch are all ahead of Baros in the pecking order at Anfield and he thinks it is the right time to leave the club.

"Everything leads me to believe that there's nothing for it but to say my goodbyes to Liverpool," he added.

"The manager has his own view of things and intends to focus on other players. Me, I have no intention of keeping the stands warm.

"It happens, that's football. I'm not bitter."

Baros has scored 19 goals in 45 Premiership starts and 22 substitute appearances for Liverpool since moving to the club in December 2001.

Please lord.. and Doug.

Let us sign him.

• Admin

OK, a quick update...

Midfielder Josip Skoko is awaiting the arrival of a visa to begin his new career with Wigan Athletic.

The 29-year-old Australia international has agreed a two-year contract with the Latics and has gained a work permit to seal his switch from Genclerbirligi.

Skoko admitted: "It was important for me to get into the Premier League.

"You can play for as long as you want in Turkey, but it won't get you the profile or the exposure that comes with playing in England.

"I've received my work permit and it's just a matter of sorting out a visa, so I'll be getting there on Thursday."

Arsenal youngster David Bentley could be on his way to Fratton Park after chairman Milan Mandaric confirmed Portsmouth wanted to sign him.

Bentley asked for a move after realising his chances of first-team football at Highbury were limited, despite impressing during a loan spell at Norwich City last season.

West Ham and Charlton were reported to be lining up bids for the England Under-21 international but Portsmouth appear to be leading the race for his signature, after Mandaric revealed: "Bentley is on our list."

The Pompey chief's comment came after Bentley's agent, Robert Segal, suggested that the South Coast club would be an ideal destination for his client.

"Yes, of course we would be interested in Portsmouth, they play the right type of football as well," Segal told Sky Sports.

"They know where I am and they know where Arsenal are, but Portsmouth would be of interest - definitely."

Portsmouth are believed to favour a long-term loan deal, but Bentley is ideally looking for a permanent move.

Clinton Morrison has made it clear he expects to leave Birmingham City before the transfer window closes.

Morrison has fallen behind Emile Heskey, Mikael Forssell and Walter Pandiani in Steve Bruce's plans and the Republic of Ireland striker is not prepared to spend the season on the bench.

The 26-year-old wants regular first-team football to give himself a chance of playing in next summer's World Cup should Ireland get there, and it looks unlikely he will get that at St Andrews.

Bruce has always maintained he wants four senior strikers at the club, but with Njazi Kuqi coming through from the reserves he may let Morrison go at the right price.

"Heskey and Forssell will be the two starters so that is obviously a big concern for me," said the former Crystal Palace star.

"There are two weeks to go before the window closes and I expect to be out of the door by then.

"I have said that I would be happy to stay at Birmingham but it hasn't worked out the way I wanted at club level. I am not prepared to sit on the bench and wait - I want to play football."

Wigan Athletic, Manchester City and Sheffield United are all reported to be considering bidding for Morrison.

Charlton Athletic central defender Mark Fish has decided to retire from the game due to a long-term knee injury.

The 31-year-old South Africa international had just started a one-month loan spell with Ipswich Town, but has decided that he can no longer perform at the highest level.

Fish admitted: "I can no longer play to the standards I have set myself and therefore I feel it is time to move on."

The centre-half first moved to England in the summer of 1997, joining Bolton Wanderers from Italian outfit Lazio.

After just over a hundred league appearances he headed for Charlton in November 2000, but his time with the Addicks was blighted by a struggled for fitness.

Fish also won 62 caps for his country and represented the Bafana Bafana at the 1998 World Cup in France.

Sources: 4thegame.com