Sin City

FLiam

Saw it this morning actually, even though it doesn't come out in the cinemas until August here in Australia (<_<), and it lived up to all my expectations :).

One question though, which includes SPOILERS, so I'll write it in tiny writing:

When we saw the row of heads in Kevin (Elijah Wood's) dungeon, were the three from the right the Japanese chick, Gail (Rosaria Dawson) and Brittany Murhpy's heads?

Saw it this morning actually, even though it doesn't come out in the cinemas until August here in Australia (<_<), and it lived up to all my expectations :).

One question though, which includes SPOILERS, so I'll write it in tiny writing:

When we saw the row of heads in Kevin (Elijah Wood's) dungeon, were the three from the right the Japanese chick, Gail (Rosaria Dawson) and Brittany Murhpy's heads?

Its a great film with a great visual style....it left me wanting more and I'll have more since a sequal will be made and if rumours are true it will come out next summer.

Cool :) Along with To Hell And Back, which features none of the already-known Sin City characters (Delia notwithstanding), Dame is the only long story left (Family Values is really too short on its own, and Booze, Broads and Bullets is a collection of shorts), and was one of my favorites, even though anyone I've talked to has disliked the Dwight stories up until now.

Clive Owen and Micky Rourke ruled here, so I'd love to see them again in SC2. Both surprised me as I've seen little of Owen in the past and none of Rourke, and I was very impressed with both.

Bruce Willis was a great Hartigan, but Alba seemed wooden throughout That Yellow Bastard, and only somewhat normal in her Hard Goodbye cameo. She felt like a more grown-up Nancy there, something I was left without in TYB (And is actually normal with The Hard Goodbye occuring around 4 years after Bastard's end).

Rosario Dawson is a superb Gail. I came in expecting nothing of the character and the actress for some reason, and was left speechless. I'd love to see her again in SC2 as well.

Oh, and sweet little Elijah Wood now scares me half to death.

I'm planning on seeing it the week it's released, but one thing that has made me 100 times more interested in seeing it is the way it was filmed. All green screen, and the fact the actors shot all their scenes seperatly and it was edited together afterwards just sounds really different, yet cool at the same time.

I saw it, and just have one question (aside from pointing out the fact that it is a good film)..

What is Josh Hartnett's character there for?Ok, he kinda brings it back around at the end....but to me, he seemed to have no real purpose.