WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

Back to the alternative attires. All I'd want is 2-3 different colours for a wrestlers attire, not whole new costumes. Just one example is on the last 2 games, Rey Mysteiro has had that sole Gold comtume that gets old, expecially since Rey changed his costume per apperance. How hard can it be to just design the same gold costume, and then just change the colour, say twice? Not only does it get slightly less samey then, but it adds a nice little realistic touch to the game, and adds a certian customisation

And buying a game just because of buried alive? Hey, who cares if gameplay's improved or if they've added useful features or even an improved storymode when we can play a hardly used and over-rated match that'll add no replay value or improve the actulal in ring play experience whatsoever? Yey! I'll buy two now.

The one main thing I really want in a wrestling game is damn realism. Honestly I haven't found a single wrestling game with full on realism. Sure it's much more fun without it being totally realistic, but it also makes it really annoying at times.

I fucking hate how people can get a finisher within about a minute on nearly any wrestling game. I hate how you can do three finishers and the guy still aint all that hurt. For once I just want a game with realism in which the match's take ages to do. It may seem boring to some, but I bet you it'd be much better than guys flying from one turnbuckle and down to the fucking titantron area or something. I'd so love to just have a match where it's really hard fought for about ten minutes, then you hit a special out of nowhere and get the win, stuff like that.

True that's possible on some games, but it's far from being as good as it could be. I'd much rather they worked on realism than adding fucking costumes or most other things. Nice to hear the roster is expected to be bigger. I hope the legend list is better this time too. WWE have the rights to use old WCW guys, so why not do it? What harm would it do? A legend list like Hogan, Sting, Bret, Rock, Arn Anderson and so on would rule. Actually, if they EVER had Double A I'd fucking love the game, Four Horsemen reformed :wub:

Seriously though I'm expecting highly of this. I'm one of the people who still really like Smackdown vs. Raw to be honest, but I can admit it lacked in a few areas. If they work a touch on realism, add a new match or two, get the roster list up quite a bit more and get a tonne of new moves added in along with some other new stuff, then this should work out well

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

There's a reason why I pulled out my N64 two weeks ago and started to play No Mercy instead of putting in any of the SmackDown games in.

How many of you can say you've had an entertaining LOSS on a SmackDown game? Whenever I lose on SmackDown it's annoying, but as someone said earlier on, there's something kinda awesome about trying to powerbomb the computer, who then reveres it into a hurricanrana and gets a pinfall. I had a Big Bossman vs. Viscera match on No Mercy the other night that entertained the hell out of me. With SmackDown vs. RAW, I did one season mode and gave up because I was bored. With every other SmackDown game (minus Just Bring It) it's been an improvement over the previous game. I usually have every slot filled with my CAW's, but on SvR I only made an Austin and I got bored.

Unless this game is a massive improvement from SvR, I won't buy it and it'll be the first SmackDown game which I didn't buy.

A list of things I would like in Smackdown! Vs. Raw 2

-More storylines in season mode, Doing the same ones over and over again annoys the hell out of me.

-Been able to assign stats to wrestlers as soon as you create them rather then having to spend ages building them up through season mode.

-Make people like Vince, Bischoff and Tazz playable, Smackdown 2 used to have Michael Cole, Patterson and Brisco on, I spent many happy hours beating the crap out of them.

-Wepons inside the Hell in a Cell, You can get a chair and a hammer outside but you should be able to have wepons on the inside as well.

-Tag Teams in season mode

-A variation of wepons under the ring

-More then one ladder in TLC and ladder matches

-More legends to play with

-More variation in moves as its boring when you have a long match constently having the opponent do the same moves on you.

-Proper hardcore matches were you can go into several areas of the arena

-More places to go, Why is the backstage area so small on Smackdown Vs. Raw?

-One feture i like from Legends of Wrestling 3 is classic match tornement were you have to go through three rounds of legendry matches, I would like something like that on the game to make haveing the legends on it worthwile.

Well thats all i can think of right now, I don't think any of that stuff would be too hard to do.

I'd really like the 20ft ladders to be included, I know it seems small, but I think it'd be awesome.....plus what most everyone else has said. And create a belt is awesome but it needs to be more reasonable to make one.

The CAW stat thing annoys the hell out of me. I usually just want to play them in exhibitions, not trawl through the horrible story mode with them. What I did on SDvR was to take one guy through, get his stats to 7, then blank him to default appearance and moves, and save him as "template." Then, whenever I want to create a new guy, jsut copy the template and edit away.

I really want to see multiplayer career modes too, both tag and singles (so you both control a guy and have matches on the card). Bigger cards would be nice too.

i got 100% reliabel info on that it will suck as usual and sell tons of copys becaus of it´s licens anyway.

feel free to hate me

Sorry don't trust anyone who can't spell reliable.

Wait....

"copys" should be "copies"

"becaus" should be "because"

"licens" should be "license"

and "you" should be "outta here"

And yes, I am a smart-ass, and yes, I do feel free to hate you. I just don't wanna take the time out of my life to.

Speaking of outta here, fuck off. Anyone on EWB who is remotely important knows Matzat is German, and understands his posts perfectly fine. You're just, how do you say it.. idiot. Now bugger off.

Way to add to the discussion dude.

I think more reversal animations are needed, it gets very tiresome seeing them reverse a back grapple the exact same way every single time. Just one or two alternatives to change it up with every once in a while would be nice. Still, that's way, way down on the "Shit THQ needs to sort out to make SDvR2006 worth uying" list.

New SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 Details

More than 100 different match types, improved season, and titles belts go online.

July 13, 2005 - In a surprise move made by THQ's European division today, additional details regarding the upcoming brawler, SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 were revealed on the company's official mini-site -- all of which should come as good news for diehard wrestling fans.

Of course, the most important bit of news was that title belts could now be defended online via a "virtual WWE Championship" with career leader boards and a permanent ID system that tracks all of your user stats. Additionally, fixes to the season mode have been made so that players can now play through two full seasons without repetition, and superstar-specific storylines complete with voice-over have also been included.

Other interesting details included the revelation that there are more than 100 different match types, including the already-revealed Buried Alive contest and a still-mysterious Bar Brawl. New removable costumes for the divas have been added as well, so the guys who always wanted to rip off nurse, school girl, and French maid outfits from their favorite female superstar can finally do so in a legal way. Wrestlers and their environments have been given added functionality too -- with the ability to play possum and a new "sleeper hold submission system" joining fully customizable 3D locker rooms and an extensive create-an-entrance option. Brand new (unannounced) legends and three levels of blood will also be implemented.

As you can see the new list of features is pretty promising, but how all of it is going to work is a question we can't answer until we see it firsthand. Stay tuned for more as it develops.

Why do they need to include an option to rip off women's clothes? Seriously.

It is like the bra and panties match, I find it a stupid addition as I have only ever used it once when I first played it, and then never again. Do people seriously get excited about computer characters with no clothes?

My take on it is, its a shite huge selling point, because it's just a gimmicky addition thats no fun and adds next to nothing. No amount of nude computer characters will get me to buy a game unless the actual game is good. However, if a game is good, then that stuff doesn't bother me, I have no problem with it being included.

Of course, that relies on the game being good, and there's not an awful lot so far to suggest this will be.

Why do they need to include an option to rip off women's clothes? Seriously.

It is like the bra and panties match, I find it a stupid addition as I have only ever used it once when I first played it, and then never again. Do people seriously get excited about computer characters with no clothes?

What might be even more interesting is if they included some ECW guys in the game or something, ones you had to unlock. That would be quite badass. Heck even during season have the ECW PPV happen or something. Saying all that, I'd still rather see some WCW guys added to unlock (Malenko, Anderson, Sting, Harlem Heat or something).

Say what you will, but the Buried Alive match looks quite good to me. I mean, I won't buy the game because of it, but it's a nice plus I think.

Then again, I have never played SvR, so I don't know how bad that game was and how much everything else needs to be improved upon first.