Pro Evolution Soccer 5 + Winning Eleven 9 Thread

Dan

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started on 5* Master League with Everton and am fiding it fine, althoguh a little hard to create scoring chance. I love this game. It's much harder to create chances as in real life.

I also like the memorial matches mode, storing records of matches between you and your mates.

Anyone know when that update CD thing comes out?!

This game is so freaking hard. I tried a World Cup with England but got the same 0-0 result against Brazil, Venezuela and Ivory Coast, so I decided to just play a load of friendlies to get to grips with the game. I'm playing as teams like Arsenal, Barcelona, Juventus, Real Madrid against the likes of Cadiz, Porto, Chievo, Rangers, etc...I scrape a one-goal victory if I'm lucky. After reading this, I may try a harder difficulty.

Anyone know when that update CD thing comes out?!

I keep telling you there isn't one. You'll just have to wait until a magazine puts an update on one of their attached DVD's or something.

With the aid of FM2006 I created Leeds. Can't get the pinstripe effect on the kit though caus choosing it gives a nameplate on the back of the shirt. :( Restarted my ML as Charlton once i'd updated it, 5 stars. Lost 2-1 to Bolton after an unlucky El Kakouri own goal.

Actually, thought i'd mention my World Cup game. Got to the final against the Dutch and went 2-0 down. Managed to chip Van Der Saar with Rooney using the R1 chip. I noticed that it isn't nearly as powerful as on PES4 which is a good thing. With that and the Shoot feint I could score 9 out of 10 times. Now that the keeper doesn't fall down after doing the feint it's not so useful. Then Andy Johnson scored off the bench on 88 mins, went to pens and I manged to win 5-4 :) It was a great game.

Edited by King Ellis

I'm slowly getting used to it. I JUST got promoted on my Master League today, when on the last day of the season I had to win and the team in second had to lose. Luckily results went my way.

I've got used to the tackling now, so I'm giving away less fouls, which is definately a good thing. I thought U'd be hearing whistles in my sleep after my first few games.

I'm still finding it fairly hard to break teams down, though it has got easier after switching to a 3-4-3.

Also, why anyone would want to play against a team of all bald players I have no idea.

Got the game today, I've only played a few matches but I think I'm beginning to get used to it. I like how it's slower than PES4, it gives me more time to think about what pass to make.

The only thing that's pissing me off so far is the bloody referees blowing for a foul every five seconds, I'm already sick of giving away free kicks just because I'm challenging for a header.