Pro Evolution Soccer 5 + Winning Eleven 9 Thread

Dan

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to lose my old option file tyhough. I've already got 20 + games against my mates stored.

If your PES4 was updated, go into the options and you can load all the badges/sponsors/names etc. from their which is pretty cool.

Amen to all the referee complaints. Touch one guy briefly, whistle goes. If it happens to me, it plays on. Really frustrating.

It's taking me a while to get used to this new, slow approach too. Don't get me wrong, I'm digging all this new realistic passing style, but even the regular superstars get disposed by the first defender you run into.

I'm actually preferring PES4 to this. I think 5's a step down from the series. Which disappoints me, considering I could of pre-ordered Resi 4 instead. At least I have FM2006 to keep me going.

Edited by Jules

• Admin

I love this game. This is what football is meant to be.

Been playing it virtually non-stop since Friday night. Got the PESFan Option File, created my own bootpack, edited player appearances, changed formations and starting line-ups etc. Looks amazing and plays even better.

I can't see the problem with the referees? Everything they blow for would be given IRL too. No more just constantly tapping X to tackle now, you've got to get your postion and timing spot on - very true with headers especially.

It's the little nuances that make the game great. Every player having a true physical presence (when taking a free kick into a crowded box, watch your small striker run into a bigger defender and fall down). The shooting is far superior now - it's hard to describe, but they feel more realistic (BTW, Shevchenko is a GOD in this).

And it's an editors heaven - shirt layers, more appearance options - they've even unlocked the Special Haircuts you couldn't use in PES4.

Football Heaven, I tell you.

• Admin

Half the stuff wouldn't be given in real life, and it seems you can only make a tackle from directly in front of them. If you come on from the side you're going to concede a free kick, even if you win the ball.

No other complaints though.

I've had no problems tackling from the side? Only when from behind, which would be given IRL anyway.

What's the best team to play Master League with? I tried with AC Milan with some success, but I got real frustrated with their ancient squad. I'm on 3*.

Edited by Jules

Half the stuff wouldn't be given in real life, and it seems you can only make a tackle from directly in front of them. If you come on from the side you're going to concede a free kick, even if you win the ball.

No other complaints though.

I've had no problems tackling from the side? Only when from behind, which would be given IRL anyway.

Because I'm to stupid to actually work out what I'm doing, I literally have no clue about what to do with getting the Option Files for the Max Drive for PS2. Dunno how to download it and what exactly I am downloading. Can someone help me please?

Guest clarencepool

I just got this game. At first, I was slightly disapointed. The gameplay appears to be slower than the previous game. But on the other hand, The shooting has been improved greatly and also the ability of the goalkeepers. They no longer do that annoying thing where they stand there and watch it go inches past the post or stand there knowing full well it's going to hit the post.

They put a lot of effort into getting the Chelsea and Arsenal players extremely detailed, which is pretty good, but the downside to this is it makes the other teams in the league look shoddy. No attention to detail has been put in for teams like West Brom, Aston Villa and Blackburn. They seem painfully generic.

Edited by clarencepool

• Admin

I just got this game. At first, I was slightly disapointed. The gameplay appears to be slower than the previous game. But on the other hand, The shooting has been improved greatly and also the ability of the goalkeepers. They no longer do that annoying thing where they stand there and watch it go inches past the post or stand there knowing full well it's going to hit the post.

They put a lot of effort into getting the Chelsea and Arsenal players extremely detailed, which is pretty good, but the downside to this is it makes the other teams in the league look shoddy. No attention to detail has been put in for teams like West Brom, Aston Villa and Blackburn. They seem painfully generic.

They have licences for Arsenal and Chelsea. Not for the rest of the Premiership.

On the plus side, there are some great appearance editors out there.