Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i prever having fun plaing over having fun seing wen it comes to PS2 - if i would want to see as major enjoyment of gaming i would get an x-box, in my life, i prever to get an movie if i don´t want to be the active part of what you call fun.

So you're telling me if SD were to like..look like this..but with a different system..you'd just be in love with it..

bg06.jpg

(yes, it's a FP game yes a lot seem to love.. :mellow: ) But seriously, if I want to 'recreate' a match or something..I really don't want it to look like that. I actually want the game..to be just like it is, as close to life graphic wise as can be.

You say you don't care about the graphics...but really if that's the case, you are in the minority. Look at forums all over the net..the things that most are usually happier about has to do with the graphics.

As I said before, SD isn't supposed to give you 'the greatest gaming experience ever'. No, truthfully, it's TEW/EWR without the words. If you're a huge...Steven Richards fan or something...want him to win the World Title, but no he never will? Then do it on SD. Really, that's one of the biggest points of the game..and I know many would rather have..what they have now, then winning with a Steven Richards that looks like...that. (the screen).

Guest Kamala

Media 2.0 Fire Pro Wrestling D is amazing, smackdown is crap compared to it and so is any other game, all hail the god of wrestling games. Matzat KOC is no were near the best wrestling game marked.

Oh yer sorry about last post, alf sig guy mentioned having a baseball game on ps2 that played same as ps1, obviously the graphics and stuff are going to be better :).

Edited by Kamala

if you had anny idea you´ed know that the controled of FPW are actualy the same than smackdown up untill the one before HCTP with the difference that the wrestlers get afected in other ways (say, they do care about getting hit more than showing short random ocuring ARRRG I NEED TO HOLD MY "SOMETHING" bullshit that looks lice epelepsi working)

also

FPW is outdated, KoC is by fare better and has your 3D GFX, it is far from being the best looking wrestling game (wich is ASPW3) but still looks a lot better than thes plastic like all shiny smackdown things (while i don´t care to much about that if the game would work i ask my self why so manny people get a hard one about them looking so "good" now, you cannot see it in smackdown annyway becaus everything is so hecktic moving, duting "hard" moves the compleed tv image shakes (Like that anoing browser shaking flash can do) - during less "hard" moves just everything in the bounces around like crazy and you got the cammera flash overkill all the time (it would be so easy to reduce that to special moves (meaning finishers and big happenings like fights ontop of the hiac, someone limbing the cage in a cage match ect.) and make some stuff seem special but noooooooooooooes we need epileptic overkill)

I don´t see were this is ANNYWERE near real life GFX, if you want to have wrestlers that look like what you can see on tv buy ASPW3, squareEnix one again has put out a true GFX masterpice

Also, FPW had some super sucky GFX problems like the wannebe 3d crowed (you know that from HCTP somewhat) and horrible ring enterances but overall it was just better, becaus it remindet you of wrestling and it did remind you of a retart facilety, qualety GFX do not come from the word high end, they come from working.

I actualy Legaly own the Fire Pro Wrestling in that Screenshot, Limited edition, with can opener, ring gong (wen you pull a string it makes DING~!) and some book :P and even if it is outdated i would put it over smackdown anny day.

About the roster, FPZ traditionaly had all the wrestlers from everywere in, they changed hair colers ore something like that to be saved from copyright problems (in japan thats a lot easyer) wich you coudl easylee change in the editor of that game . . . whilest KoC has a licens of Japanes feds it has some fake US guys in already and you get 260 premade movelists and faces for wrestlers in the editor (wich has a lot US stars, from Mike Tyson over Chriss Benoit to Kevin Nash) . . . it´ßs a riddel to me how you can cry about such stuff in the times of bad as CAWs . . . oh yeah, i forgot it´s not the offical WWE licens guy, even if the states in the WWE game suck and he looks more like a spastic action figure. . .

i somewere lost my red line in this posting so i stop now

KoC > FPW > ASPW > * > Smackdown/Backjard Wrestling

Matzat KOC is no were near the best wrestling game marked.

saind FWP is better than KoC makes no sens sinc KoC basicly is the "next edition" of FPW . . .

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest Kamala

Speaking of ASPW3 i am soon getting my ps2 fixed in the chip shop and chipped, I really want to buy ASPW3 but i have heard its got a shitty control system, how does it work, would not mind buying KOC Red either. Maybe you know Matzat.

Right, as so many have already stated, I don't buy Smackdown! for the greatest gaming experience ever. I go in to get some satisfaction that I even have the chance to play as my favorite wrestler, and I'm happy. I'm creaming my pants over the new features, and I think it's going to be good, regardless of it's flaws.

:ohwell:

But that's coming from the guy that liked Gigli. :shifty:

Speaking of ASPW3 i am soon getting my ps2 fixed in the chip shop and chipped, I really want to buy ASPW3 but i have heard its got a shitty control system, how does it work, would not mind buying KOC Red either. Maybe you know Matzat.

I wouldend call it shitty, it workes and makes sens even if it is seriusly different from what you are used to in WGs, the problem is it´s wirred kind of simplnes wich limits it a lot in amount of moves and such, but it is very easy to pick up . . . and i only lost ONE match sinc i have that game because even on level 5 (highest) its very very very very very easy. Look wise it realy is by fare the best that is around in manny manny ways. Gameplay wise it has some nice working ideas as well (combination of moves, like wen you have a sleeperhold put on start spinning while holding it, after some powerbombs you can go optional straight into pin ect. - submission system has a nice idea as well sinc you can decide to hold the move as long as you power alowes it, meaning if your oponent makes it in the robes you can keep on holding and the ref might even DQ you if you don´t listen to his warnings) . . .

the ASPW games have improved a lot from game to game (the first one was just horrible, i tell you HORRIBEL !!!) and i expect this series to become a true contestand to KoC in it´s 4th ore 5th edition someday.

Guest Kamala

Did you install the modchip yourself with on screen instructions because thats what i am going do

Wondering how easy it is to self install modchip.

Edited by Kamala

Media, that's the game Maztat is in love with?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry but the graphics are shit, and so is the game to be quite frank. There's you slagging of Smackdown and then you apprently like this crap? Okayyyyyyyyy.

read you ideot, thats FPW (wich still is better than smackdown by all means, including GFX you tech whore) - not KoC

TECH WHORE~!~!~!

:lol:

Sorry but in no way is that game better than Smackdown, no way what so ever. Not graphics wise, entertaining wise or gameplay wise. Sorry but its true to be quite honest. I always say how my favourite wrestling game is WCW Thunder, but at the same time I know there are better wrestling games. Can you never admit that something is better than something you seem to like? SD is five times better than FPW, simple as.

Also Koc, never heard of it. Must be some game that never gets realesed in the UK or something, cant be that big then.

On topic, should be a roster update in a day or two from IGN.

If you had anny clue of wrestling at all you would know that Japanes Wrestling is not Produced by anny means (including games) for the international Marked, they don´t even have an comentary free audio layer, they speak right on the master.

You are an ideot wen you judge a game over one imgae, i am sorry thats not an insult that is a fakt, you rip the compeed game in all it´s aspects apart just because of one screenshot, that makes you look like the bigest ideot here, EVAR, including ransik on his worst day.

your aa very simple minded yes no ideot, not willing to even make anny point about why the GAME is better, "i like it, you suck" "it is released in the UK so it is better than everything elth" "it has wwe wrestlers"

your abilety to have a good discusion just is non existant

in other news

http://www.fan-only.de/stuff/ewbg/fun/spin.avi

Okay so you can read minds now? How do you know, just HOW, that I haven't played FPW? Are you really mystic meg from the national lottery or something?

The image sucks compared to Smackdown. The graphics ARE NOT better, simple as. I've read stuff on the game from different sources and none have been amazing at all compared to how these people rate Smackdown. You could say how do I know though if I haven't played it, but like loads of people saying its not the greatest wrestling game doesn't make me want to go out and buy it like the reviews Smackdown gets. When a game gets a good review, I want to play it, just like films(watch off course). FPW from what I've heard isn't better than Smackdown, so why waste my money on a game that I don't need when I have a better game? Yes there is no need to do so.

Sorry Maztat but its true, your opinions suck on everything. So half of EWB are idiots? Because it seems no one agrees with hardly anything you say, so the idiot here is you, not me. Now stop making excuses for your games that have nothing to do with SD Vs Raw. This debate is over, yes I give in, you win if you say so.

How do you know, just HOW, that I haven't played FPW?

simple, your reaction on the screenshot were you havent even got that it issent KoC even though it was mentioned in the text.

Media, that's the game Maztat is in love with?

see, and with this you see the differenc betwen the two of us, i think, you don´t

the other stuff is just your usual POINTLES~! blah, know what, everyone i know that has played KoC totaly fell in love with it (and thats a whole bunch of people, not just myself), so why am i not running around here repeating that sentence, because i know it´s stupid, it´s dumb just walking up and down screaming you´re campaing title. I know that it makes sens to say "it is good because of" and "it is bad because of" - you just scream, shout, bitch, lie, try to make other people bad, judge on nothing ect. ect. but wen it comes to just making anny good points, pros and contras. Not with you. It just is how you claim, everyone elth you throw dirt at, IT IS JUST JohnnyPoinmtless~! who is always right even if he cannot explain it :thumbsup:

and you know what that means ? your going bye bye

Edited by Michael Matzat