Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Red Devil

Like each and every one of the series I'll buy it, i was hoping for some more matches to be added and hopefully there will be. I'm with Stokerino on the legends entrance, the music and proper ringside entrance would be great. Also I'm hoping they will add Paul Bearer so we can have Legend Taker with Bearer making it more real. Other then that Paul London better be added and a few neat changes that makes the a better game.

Media, you're an idiot.

Everyone in this topic who is defending Smackdown is saying one of two things:

1) I don't care if it's not realistic or the best ever, it's fun.

2) I can't get into such and such a game because it isn't AWSUM GRAFIX or HARKORE WWE LIECENTS!

The majority are saying both.

Well, let's analyze both. The first point is all well and good, except that as a brawler/fighter, WWE is nowhere near the best, as a wrestling game including realistic and well balanced wrestling it is even farther away. Smackdown isn't the best at anything it tries to do. It doesn't look the best or play the best, and it's myriad of errors and glitches prove that it is rushed commercial crap. People put up with that, because it has the AWSUM GRAFIX!!!!!1111one, of course, awesome graphics mean shit, for example.

http://www.game-revolution.com/previews/sc...nce2_xbox2b.jpg

There's a shot of Baldurs' Gate, Dark Alliance 2 for the X-Box.

http://www.application-systems.de/fallout2...fallout2_04.jpg

There's a shot of dated Fallout 2, about 5 years old, for the PC.

Despite not looking better and being an archaic design, Fallout 2 is still a better game. Many people prefer it, it's selling for about the same price, which is phenomenal for a 5 year old game to sell at 70 bucks, and it's still a lot more popular, why? Because it's a better game. It doesn't have a huge liscense attached to it (Baldurs' Gate is a Dungeons and Dragons game) nor does it have the AWSUM GRAFIX nor is it bug free or cheap. It's just a better game. No Mercy for N64 is for an archaic system and looks much worse then the Smackdown games but it is still a better game, and it is still as popular because people like quality. WWE is banking that like EA Sports game fans, they will shell out cash for the same game once a year because it looks better and has an updated roster. It works, because people like you are stupid.

The Smackdown series has nothing going for it. It's a beat em up game for kids on ADD and it's full of flaws. If it didn't have a liscense it wouldn't even get a rental. You're all just popularist whores, who think "OMG I HAV UN NEW WWE GAME CUM 2 MY HOUSE FOR GAMEZ" and it makes you cool. Yeah it's cool to buy a piece of shit just because then you can pretend that you have friends who don't just use you. You keep doing that and when mommy kicks you out the house because you're a dumbass with no money and a bunch of crappy games that no one wants because they aren't new anymore, good luck buying that new Smackdown game while you flip my fucking burger like the malformed capitalist whore that you are.

Edited by SeanDMan

I'm 21, love No Mercy and still play it to this day, usually spend any multiplayer PS2 time playing Pro Evo Soccer, but still love playing Smackdown every so often because it is fun. Yes, there are glitches, but most of them are so shit they're quite funny. The career mode, although massively flawed is still very addictive, I played through the whole thing on the last two games (I quite enjoyed the stable bit, where I created the UberCanadians). I still pull HCTP out every so often to play against my 17 year old brother, who plays it all the time against his friends. Now since I'm a student with nowhere near enough capital to be buying imported games and a console to play it on, and since Pro Wrestling X isn't due for at least another 2 years, I'm going to keep playing Smackdown, just because it isn't the end of the world for me to be playing a game with a better, far more expensive alternative. Now can we get back to discussing the new game, or start a new thread discussing why HCTP is worse than various imports.

importing issent expensife, infact it can be cheaper than new european games including shipping - and a chip issent one thing you buy for one game (as long as you are not stupit) KoC2 for exampel, witch eraly preorderer bonus and 7-14 days shipping, will coast me 48.10 euro, thats almost 12 euro less than a new release on the european marked. With UPS overnight shipping i pay 67.26 euro, not even 8 Euro more than an european release

also, your doing again what they already did "it is just fun, screew your points it is" - you gotta be able to tell why dude.

and wen i am talking about other games i do it to profe that i is not imposible to do better, you know, it´s like having a point instead of repeating "no it just is" over and over again.

I also noticed about smackdown that the game wen it involves "climbing to win" just sucks major as aswell, ladermatches and CageMatches can be won with two punches (just had that with goldberg, hit him two times climbed out won) anny time of the matche but wen you climb up to the top and get knocked down your oponen/you have virtualy no chans to escape from what technicly shoud have created the way bigger damage. - Now i see how this fully creates the Magic of all WWE Cage and Ladder Matches.

The compleed basic Time/Damage/awarenes system of this game sucks so hard i cannot find fitting words on it. . .

That you cannot jump of the cage wen you notice tht your oponent gets up sucks also, the moment you climb you either get "throwen off" ore win. . .

Guest Iron Mary

Whoa, this topic is starting to get seriously fucked and way off course... I don't care what anyone else thinks. I know and have read these various arguments, and I am STILL going to buy the new Smackdown game because I am a mark at heart and enjoy a simpler game from time to time.

Now we can all bitch about how much Smackdown sucks, or how Smackdown will own any other wrestling game, WHATEVER... or we can just try and play nice and discuss actual developments in the making of the game. Everyone has a right to have their own opinions and express them, but this is getting off track now.

No more rants, for the love of God. I felt like punching myself after I went into a bit of a rant. I'd punch myself now, but I feel I'm doing the right thing by expressing my distaste for rants in rant form... hmm...

Guest SelfHighFive

The current roster STILL sucks. "about 50 superstars and legends?" There's about what.... 90 people used on WWE TV in about a month's time. Guaranteed we're not seeing Jamie Noble in this game.

And they don't have to put in Kidman or London if they choose. Last year La Resistance were the World Tag Champs, but THQ didn't want to add them and instead put the default Champs as the Dudleyz.

Guest Kamala

Yer lets get back on topic, but one last thing. I only paid 14 pounds for Fire Pro D and 20 Pounds for Giant Gram so importing costs nothing once you know the dealers. I just think King Of Colesseum looks ultra sluggish and not fun at all, never played it but from being on KoC access and watching the movies them matches look reallllll sucky

By the way i can buy KoC Green and KoC Red for just under ten pounds and i can buy ASPW3 for about 20-30 pounds, going to buy both when i get the Messiah Chip. Getting X-box and buying a Xploder and Raw 2 with it because i know a massive CAW save.

Edited by Kamala

KoC is basicly FPW with more moves and some GG influence (powerballs) and manny licenses so saing you love FPW and dislike KoC dossent Make much sens. As you can see in my KoC2 Topic KoC2 will bring back loads of old FPW modies like Match Make, Crowed "points", DO-JO and so one. It is just the next Level

Guest Kamala

I always wanted to see Exploding ring deathmatches and Barbed Wire Or Lightbulb Board Deathmatches in 3D. I read a report somewhere where they where interviewing John Zandig and they said CZW are in negotiations with a video games company. Anyone got word on the NWATNA video game.

I always wanted to see Exploding ring deathmatches and Barbed Wire Or Lightbulb Board Deathmatches in 3D. I read a report somewhere where they where interviewing John Zandig and they said CZW are in negotiations with a video games company. Anyone got word on the NWATNA video game.

I hate garbage wrestling so i don´t care

The TNA game got killed as fare as i remember, they had an EA deal i think but i am not shure.

CAB dossent ad annything to the game that fixes the problems i hate it fore so i don´t realy care that it exists.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest SelfHighFive

Hmmmm.... never knew about the interview. Anywho, just looking at WCW Backstage Assault (which I enjoyed for some reason) I shudder to think what they would've done with TNA. Probably would've had the title; "NWA-TNA Does Sports-Entertainment" and been a complete rip-off of No Mercy or something.