Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, on the HARDEST difficulty setting? I simply cannot press the buttons any quicker, and was honestly pushing myself a lot, and still I could not press quicker. Thus, for me, it was impossible

LET ME EDIT THE PRE-EXISTING BASTARDS!!!  RAWR!

It can't be that big of a problem for them to let us do that, what are they scared of? We're going to go in and adjust Triple H's gut as to where it is at the moment? Personally, i'd love to be able to go in and change more than just moves and music. Maybe minor parts of the attire and the body itself, along with it their names, but obviously not if they add ring announcing in as i'm hoping they will. Perhaps a Legends of Wrestling style mode in create a wrestler where you put two and two together.... not pulled off as LOW does it though.

Seems like an updated HCTP. I'll wait for number 7 to decide.

Isn't that what just about every game series is? I mean, there's quite a lot of changes in there that will make it feel like an all new game, like for instance:

- New wrestlers, which'll make the game feel way more modern. Looking back and playing the older HCTP is dull to me.... it's.... so last year.

- New gameplay additions, like the pre-match additions, as well as the changes to move animations, the grappling system, the submission system and other such little things that all add up in the end.

- New game elements. Such as the new charisma attribute in season mode, all wrestlers having their own voices for season speech, create a belt, create a pay-per view, additons to create a wrestler, improvements in graphics, weight detection system, changes to how season mode works.

- The possibility of online play.

It could be seen as an "update" I suppose, but there's certainly enough there to qualify it over sports games yearly roster update.

Guest Kamala

Anyone think it would be cool if Mr Pogo Sickle Attack or Fire Blowing was in the game, Maybe a Sickle as a weapon. lol.

Edited by Kamala

Guest SelfHighFive

The game is getting more unimpressive as the days go by. For every wrestler they make look better, there's 2 more that look worse than HCTP. Kane finally has a normal-sized chest and a proportional head, yet HBK and Orton look like shit.

Chop battles? Shoving matches? Face and heel meters? Do they realize without any actual IMPROVEMENTS to the system it doesn't make a difference what little things they add in? There's still hardly any selling, and the gameplay is way too fast. They need a whole new engine, not just an updated roster and a few tweaks. My buddy will buy this game the minute it comes out, and I can save myself $50 and just play it at his place.

Oh and maybe it's just me.... but if Kane and Undertaker are already in the games.... making them Legends is pretty f'n ridiculous considering Taker will just have on a different outfit for his non-Legened counter-part... but wait... purple gloves and purple shit under his eyes! It's a different Taker!!!

And Kane.... had his mask on in the last game, so I don't care.

i've been reading this thread and I have one question: What is this KOC Mazat keeps talking about?

Pritty much everything about the upcomming second editio of KoC can be found here. KoC1 Red/Green are the best wrestling games on the world marked today.

http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=277

Seriously? I actually thought it was really good.

the submission system was one of the worest i have ever seen in anny wrestling game, they even took a step down from the normal smackdown crap, now you can hold your submission 10 seconds without annyone from the outside being able to breke it ( tag team ore annymatch with more than 2 people ? ooops...) - JUST GAY.

Also, triggering is SOOOOOooooooooo SNES WWF wrestling games . . .

The game is getting more unimpressive as the days go by. For every wrestler they make look better, there's 2 more that look worse than HCTP. Kane finally has a normal-sized chest and a proportional head, yet HBK and Orton look like shit.

Chop battles? Shoving matches? Face and heel meters? Do they realize without any actual IMPROVEMENTS to the system it doesn't make a difference what little things they add in? There's still hardly any selling, and the gameplay is way too fast. They need a whole new engine, not just an updated roster and a few tweaks. My buddy will buy this game the minute it comes out, and I can save myself $50 and just play it at his place.

Oh and maybe it's just me.... but if Kane and Undertaker are already in the games.... making them Legends is pretty f'n ridiculous considering Taker will just have on a different outfit for his non-Legened counter-part... but wait... purple gloves and purple shit under his eyes! It's a different Taker!!!

Jesus Christ man! I've heard of criticising things, but man you literally tear EVERYTHING you come across on here to pieces! In the RAW thread you're criticising every little thing, and now in here I don't recall you even saying that ANYTHING looks/sounds good.

I personally cannot wait for this game to come out. The roster so far looks great, and all the new features look as though they will add a lot to this game. I'm especially looking forward to the face/heel meters and the alteration of the submission system.

Jesus Christ man! I've heard of criticising things, but man you literally tear EVERYTHING you come across on here to pieces! In the RAW thread you're criticising every little thing, and now in here I don't recall you even saying that ANYTHING looks/sounds good.

Get used to that. He's probably a nice guy, but all he ever does is bitch, bitch, bitch. Seriously, ALL he ever does.

I actually take his point on Undertaker - how will they seperate them?

But I do think the 2 Kane's is cool. One will be the current one, and the other the 1997 Kane with the red PVC outfit, one arm, one glove, mask etc. It will be cool to have that Kane in, and costume wise (and maybe move wise) will be totally different from the masked Kane in HCTP

*Original Kane mark*

Edited by timmayy

*takes it you didn't play HCTP :P

But seriously...I'm sure it's gonna be just like HCTP. One is 'The Undertaker' and the other is 'Legend Taker'. And if you mean look wise...current Taker..isn't exactly Old...Deadman Taker.

But seriously...I'm sure it's gonna be just like HCTP. One is 'The Undertaker' and the other is 'Legend Taker'. And if you mean look wise...current Taker..isn't exactly Old...Deadman Taker.

*Played HCTP to death

I know look wise current taker isn't EXACTLY old 'taker, but their isn't much difference - its just as SelfHighFive said - ever so slightly different costume. Their isn't much point in them both. Thats why I agree with him on this point. They'd barely be a difference.

Wow, does Maztat have two accounts or something? Your getting nearly as bad as him.

*Played HCTP to death

I know look wise current taker isn't EXACTLY old 'taker, but their isn't much difference - its just as SelfHighFive said - ever so slightly different costume. Their isn't much point in them both. Thats why I agree with him on this point. They'd barely be a difference.

I dunno...I have to say this.. (Yes, it's from DOR)

wwe-day-of-reckoning-20040708004753859.jpg

is kind of dif from HCTP old school Taker. I mean, , there wasn't that MUCH of a diff between old school Taker, and regular Taker in HCTP also..at least in my eyes..but they were both still in there.

EDIT- mdm8.jpg

Yea..there's better pics..but didn't feel like searching lol.

I personally wish they didn't put ANY legends in...much less ones already in the game, thats kind of stupid. :ohwell: But hey, some people like it.

EDIT2..-smackdownhctp_legends_undertaker_01.jpg

Ok, so not much, but it's some :P

Edited by Media 2.0

Guest SelfHighFive

I'm bitching because it's been almost 6 years, and they believe everyone is still going to rush out and buy a game they're updating. Think of it this way, look at all the sports games they make that are just updates of rosters with a couple tweaks to the gameplay. Now after 6 games, do you rush right out and buy every single one every time because of it? I bought a baseball game about 4 years ago for PSX, and I bought one last year for PS2, and they both play exactly the same, only the PS2 one has better graphics, it's the same with the WWE games.

All they've added this year for matches is a Parking Lot Brawl. I see this being a backstage area you can even get to exhibition, and if thats so it'll kill the match. If not.... the cars better be VERY interactive.

I've bought all the Smackdown games since they started, and the only ones I still own are JBI and HCTP, and I haven't touched JBI since I got HCTP. Even a huge chunk of the moves in the game come from the first Smackdown, they're too lazy to make new animations. If Big Show STILL has the same Chokeslam after 6 games, that is pure laziness, I'm sorry.

If the N64 were still used today and they kept making a game every year exactly like No Mercy but just tweaked a little, would you keep buying them? I know I wouldn't, I'd save my money.

The way I see Kane and Taker working... same moves, just different characters, unless they have actual entrances and music, then I don't honestly see a point. If the Legends come out with no entrances and no music again, you'll have the same thing watered heavily down, and probably have to give them the updated versions entrance shit, which would make me raise an eyebrow, hoping thats not the case.

I think the Create a Belt is very interesting, but so far the created belts have more detail on them than the actual WWE belts, which look worse than HCTP, I really hope they fix that cause wow..... incredibly detailed Benoit wearing a belt that looks like it came from PSX is pretty bad.

I may complain a lot, but when I see nothing to praise other than a few tweaks, a couple of which exist in past WWE games for other systems, I'm just not impressed.

I'm bitching because it's been almost 6 years, and they believe everyone is still going to rush out and buy a game they're updating. Think of it this way, look at all the sports games they make that are just updates of rosters with a couple tweaks to the gameplay.

I don't know if you've noticed..but people do STILL rush out and get this little 'updated' version. In most places SD is usually sold out within the first few days. ;) I don't know if you saw the HCTP thread when the game first came out..but ummm..yea, that sort of proves that people do still rush out and get the game on release date, just an update or not.

Think of it this way, look at all the sports games they make that are just updates of rosters with a couple tweaks to the gameplay.

Madden says hi. :thumbsup: Madden is STILL one of the top games there are...after how many years? Since like the sega or something...and yet every year people stilll go out and buy it. NBA Live...people still go out and buy..So that arguement doesn't hold up the greatest. :ohwell: