Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I bought HCTP I watched all of them.

I was disappointed. Sean O'Haire, Randy Orton, Haas & Benjamin all had the same entrance.

Well I mean, I've seen them all before...and when someone is a champion, I usually watch it more.

But that shouldn't be something that makes or breaks a game.

First time I bought HCTP I watched all of them.

I was disappointed. Sean O'Haire, Randy Orton, Haas & Benjamin all had the same entrance.

Well I mean, I've seen them all before...and when someone is a champion, I usually watch it more.

But that shouldn't be something that makes or breaks a game.

it doesn't make or break one, but it certainly adds alot.

That automatically means they don't know what a good game is! OMG!

Well i got enough valid points against smackdown that have nothing todo with personal tasts that should prove that it is just like that. (and i made thes points more than often enough)

Hell, some might not see 'THE MAGIC THAT IS KOC~~!!' that interesting if they were to play it...so I guess it's just difference of opinion.

They don´t see it becaus they never played it and the reason that they don´t get it is that it is takes a little bit extra to get a japanes game, in monney (chip), in brain (being able to play a game using an FAQ and getting complex gameplay) and in guts. (in the sens of having a profesional open your PS2 and trust around the world mail) - If this game, the way it is, would be on the Marked "here" it would look servly different. Just look at how good the FPW games for GBA did, they did good enough to even get an European release, without one real wrestler and being not annywere near cloth to the qualety of the FPW Dreamcast/PS2/SNES ect. games. (the reason the guys that released the FPW GBA games arent releasing more of this stuff is that they went bankrub on other games they released, their name was BAM!) - And KoC is taking that gameplay to the next Level so don´t tell me no one would be interested in it, people bought the 20 times toned down version of this game enough that it got an Euro release wich usualy only happens after a game did good enough in the US. - in other words you have no clue what you are talking about and you just akted like a 13 year old 2 liner ranting mashine - try having valid points next time.

also

If you have a brain and rate the game properly just by what is good and what is not working you don´t need other games to get to know that smackdown is just not good.

i think this IGN stuff is new, they have new screens aswell

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/533/533582p1.html

Edited by Michael Matzat

i think as of late the smackdown games have improved greatly. yes the engine si the smae but they are tweaking it with each release. I've always wondered why the wwe games would never use the game engine from KOC and such then I started thinking either they are crazy or they are smarter than we all think. The reason they might not be giving the wwe games the good game engien is becasue they want the engine to be exclusive to koc and such meaning more people will either spend money and buy an import system with the game.

I know thats probably far from the truth but its a thought.

I Bought one import wrestling game a couple years ago for Nintendo 64. it was good and all but it was super slow imo.. I like a good simulation wrestling game but theres a line andit just crossed it. HCTP really fixed alot of things that was wrong with the smackdown series . maybe with this new release they'll finally hit their mark.

but as always i'll be gettign this game , rumble rose , def jam 2 and byw 2 . I try to get most of the wrestlings games that i can

Whilst I don't think the gameplay on Smackdown is all that bad, its isn't great. But I do find it enjoyable now and again to play a quick match. It is far far from perfect, but is accpetable, and I believe some of you are being overly critical. It is far from perfect, but is OK, and becomes a lot more fun when playing with friends (playing a tag match with a human partner is much more fun, and you actually have a partner with intellegence then). It is enjoyable now and again. Matzat, I respect your opinion, and you do raise some very valid points, but if you hate the Smackdown series so much, maybe you should simply stop posting in Smackdown topics. You hate Smackdown games. We get it.

Wow, a special move to eliminate people from the Rumble? You mean like they had for all the other WWE games the last couple years on X-Box and Gamecube? Well by gawd!!!! I'll go put $50 away so I can do the same thing in SD6 that I can do in older games!

Seriously though, with the "improvements" they've done so far, I'm not gonna be looking into buying this game until it starts going down in price unless we see Legends people would WANT to use, plus their actual ring entrances and MUSIC.

Okay you be boring and moan about the game while me and everyone else who buys it here play each other online, enjoying the game :)

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

All this game will be is a polished HCTP with an updated roster. Really not worth $80(Canadian).

Well that really is the whole point. :ohwell: Just like NBA Live that just updates rosters, graphics, etc the next year. Just like Madden who updates roster, graphics, etc the next year. Just like all games that come out year after year after year all it is, is an 'update' of the previous game.

Going on kind of what Doc said...I believe it's the truth that they are just smart...there's a reason they don't make it 'The best game ever'. If they did, what would be the point in buying the next one? They add little updates...just like all games that come out every year, and none of them are ever perfect because they want people to buy the next one...

The following Q&A is from IGN.com:

What superstars can we expect to see and how many are there? Contrary to other reports, the final roster has not yet been determined. Furthermore, the number of superstars on the lineup is still up in the air. Though, it has been confirmed that where will be in excess of 50 current wrestlers, with additional characters available in the legends bracket. Here are the confirmed wrestlers so far:

Current Wrestlers A-Train, D-Von Dudley, Ric Flair, Batista, Eddie Guerrero, Rikishi, The Big Show, Garrison Cade, Rob Van Dam, Booker T, John Cena, Scotty 2 Hotty, Bubba Ray Dudley, Kane, Shawn Michaels Charlie Haas, Kurt Angle, Shelton Benjamin, Chavo Guerrero, Mark Jindrak, Stacy Kiebler, Chris Benoit, Matt Hardy, Tajiri, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Torrie Wilson, Christian, Rey Mysterio, Triple H, Chuck Palumbo, Rhyno, Trish Stratus

Legends Andre the Giant, Old-School Kane, Old-School Undertaker

Is the grappling system any different? Though the changes to the grappling system won’t be as dramatic as last year, there are still a number of significant changes for this version. The first and most important alteration, for instance, is that signature and quick grapples are harder to counter than power and submission moves. Additionally, players can now partake in grapples while sitting on the mat, perform new halfway-standing grapples, and even participate in back and forth chopping matches like the ones that Ric Flair and Sting made famous back in their NWA days.

Another big feature this year is the inclusion of face and heel special maneuvers. Tailored to each wrestler’s personality, these moves allow for temporary invincibility for heels that let them cheat without getting caught, while faces can do, uh, whatever it is faces do. Of course, the ladies are getting a slight grappling addition themselves, with the spank meter – the more accurate a player is with their meter, the more accurate the spank. And depending on the spank, the woman’s reaction could either be painful or pleasurable; with special animations dedicated to both responses.

Is it true that submission holds have been refined? Yes, it’s true. A new time-based meter has been added to the tug-of-war grappling system that allows players to add more intensity to their holds so that they can be applied longer and do more damage. On the flipside, other players can reverse the submission holds from within this animation based on their own performance, and can finally break subs while in tag team matches.

Are there any new attributes or character abilities? Indeed there are. The old attributes of Strength, Submission, Stamina, Technique, and Speed are back, but have now been joined by charisma. It’s a pretty important addition too, as it’s used to determine how much of SmackDown move bonus you receive when taunting. Speaking of taunting, players can also argue with the referee following close two-counts or put their foot on the ropes when pinning. They run the risk of getting disqualified if they push things over the edge, but can gain an extra advantage or two if it pays off for them.

Perhaps the coolest new addition, though, is the inclusion of pre-match staredowns and test of strength competitions. You can even get into shoving matches and get an early advantage on your opponent of you play your cards right.

How about the weight detection system? Is it better? Is sure is. The game boasts much smarter weight detection and finally plays into finishers too. For you abusers out there, this means that you can forget about pressing The Big Show up in the air with a powerslam just because it’s your special.

What arenas are confirmed so far? Barely any. But after a phone call and some research, we’ve confirmed that the last arenas used for SummerSlam, Backlash, and Armageddon are already in the game.

Can we create our own belts? Yes! Through the season mode you’ll be able to earn money which you can use to Create-A-Belt by buying and configuring a variety of belt parts.

What new modes are there? Create-A-PPV lets player finally create their own pay-per-view events of three to eight matches complete with new matches of their own devise, legendary matches of days past, and current matches seen on television. With the user created belts, players can even allow combatants to vie for the grand prize. Imagine creating your own wrestlers and belts and then having them compete against one another. Incredible. The best part is this doesn’t affect the season, so people won’t be afraid of partaking in the festivities.

Also being added to the table are Challenges. According to PSM, these are matches that can only be won by meeting certain criteria, such as pulling off two finishers in one match or beating four legendary wrestlers with a specific character.

There's some new news as I haven't seen it posted. Still waiting for them to tell us we are going to get Kidman/London :(

On the other hand, the rest of this news sounds pretty damn good. I'll stick with what I said and how it sounds like a great game.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Andre looks AMAZING, but SM's hair, and possibly long hair in general still has a lot to be desired for. But being able to possibly create your own promotion on a video game will be completly out of this world. I forsee many a diary from that.

Of course, the ladies are getting a slight grappling addition themselves, with the spank meter – the more accurate a player is with their meter, the more accurate the spank. And depending on the spank, the woman’s reaction could either be painful or pleasurable; with special animations dedicated to both responses.

And people wonder why there are complaints that this is just refried, add water commercial shit.

I've always wondered why the wwe games would never use the game engine from KOC and such then I started thinking either they are crazy or they are smarter than we all think. The reason they might not be giving the wwe games the good game engien is becasue they want the engine to be exclusive to koc and such meaning more people will either spend money and buy an import system with the game.

WWE games had good engins, look at the THQ/AKI N64 games, i´ed still rate KoC Over them but i defenetly can understand that people like to play that game becaus most of it is free of shit (i always hated the cage matches thoug, well there hassent been anny good cage match up untill now if you ask me)

About the import thing, thats like as fare away as fare away could be, Spike soled games to US and EURO companys before, there even was a rumore that BAM! was thingking about doing a KoC Indy wrestler disc for the US (well no idea how true that was, they went oout of bussines annyway).

Wait, Wait, Wait. I know we can buy belts and defend those in PPV/exhibition, but can we defend the actual belts? If not, it's gonna suck ass.

To me it sounds like it issent posible. I´ll never get why people are so hot on this minor stuff annyway, CAPPV (what dos that change, intead use a sheet of paper) and so on, there are fare bigger problems in this game and peoplee care about defending belts in exibitions ? Meh, how can you have a Season mode that takes over Titels and shit and a Title you always can defent in exibition, makes no sens, use the god dame CAB and copy one for your exibition matches, end of the problem, ore dos the problem start becaus that issent real WWE wich the markout faktor needs to make this game look good ;-P

I've been playing the last Smackdown game a lot lately (Summer holidays = BOREDOM!!!), and I am becoming am little frustrated. I've realised it isn't hard to beat your opponent at all, even on the highest difficulty, just hard to get a move in to beat him. You get huge (like 10+ each) counter sequences, which are cool at first, but get REALLY INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. Your opponent doesn't out wrestle you, he out counters you. It would help if the counters were good, but they aren't. When you take away counter animations that are designed for finishers (e.g. Pedigree's, chokeslams), their are only about 4/5 counters, and they are bollocks. I'm so sick of getting elbowed in the gut or shoving them off me. How about original counters?

Just picking one match at random (just because I watched it today) - Edge/Mysterio vs. Benoit/Angle. Edge goes to armdrag Benoit, but on his way over, Benoit armdrags Edge. Later, Benoit goes to do an armbar on Edge (on the mat), but Edge counters and gets Benoit in a body scissors. Those are the kind of counters that should be included, not the shit generic ones in the game currently.

Also, season mode is hugely repetitive.

But, I will buy the new game, because despite its flaw's, it isn't all that bad (I'd give the current one a 7), and I have always got a lot of use out of the game. Plus, it is a lot more fun playing with friends, and the new features do look cool.