Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

Guest SelfHighFive

If you're gonna tell him to stop post-whoring about negative comments, than I ask you to stop post-whoring with your comments on why the games are so great and if anyone diagrees with that than they're wrong, because it's just as annoying to you on the negative as it is to us with the positive.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SelfHighFive

Telling us the game will be awesome every time someone says something sucks is as bad as the opposite.

And if you call that short post post-whoring, than should the owner of the joint be accused of the same thing since he did a shorter one? No.

The Smackdown series is not all that, and we're not going to be convinced it is. Sales and Internet reviews don't reflect that in 6 years, the same engine is being used and they're too lazy to even update the moves from the first game (look at Big Show.)

Hell, I'm talking about positive AND negative here, but I don't need to hear how awesome the game is going to be simply because the past games are successful.

One thing I never get is that you guys put the game down but being realistic, there are no better wrestling games than the Smackdown series. Sure I'll expect you all to say No Mercy as your all in love with it, but other than that game I know of no wrestling games that are as good as Smackdown(None of this Koc or Dor stuff either because I simply don't think it is).

Plus I can rant at Maztat all I want because in every topic I read he is always seeming to moan. Apprently everything sucks(England, Italy, nearly every Euro game, FF series, Smackdown series and so on). I have no clue where you got that I was post whoring either, because I don't think I am at all.

Its your loss if you don't buy the game, not mine. Just one less guy who I'll be beating on the online mode if it happens :shifty:

Guest SelfHighFive

Telling people to stop saying negative things because the game is going to be awesome just because its a Smackdown game is a form of post-whoring. You repeat the same thing over and over hoping to get people to change their opinions, which won't happen.

No, I don't consider No Mercy to be the best, but I don't think HCTP is either. Personally I think it would either be WM19 or RAW 2, simply because of the incredibly detailed options you get, and there is actual selling in matches. Sure, WM19 has a huge downside: If you have a maxed out CAW you can beat anyone with 3 or 4 moves, but still.

Adding a little bit to the previous game and redoing character models isn't all that impressive to me anymore, it stopped with SD4. PS2 graphics are at their limit, and just re-creating everything so it'll look a little different and to reflect changes in the superstars is.... blah.

i have wrote more than enough here to be alowed to post one sentence only once in a while . . . at least i can make solit points instead of screaming IT SELLS, IT GOT GOOD MAGAZIN REVIEWS (yay, look at them ads in them magzions who got them people them loads of them monnaaaay, smae goes for esp. ign and gamespot) IT JUST IS.

have a point ore don´t complain about people that have a poont making a posting once in a while that dos not have all the points listed again.

blah

Plus I can rant at Maztat all I want because in every topic I read he is always seeming to moan. Apprently everything sucks(England, Italy, nearly every Euro game, FF series, Smackdown series and so on). I have no clue where you got that I was post whoring either, because I don't think I am at all.

you should stop the fuck holding against me that i have got standarts, there were more than enough games in euro that i labelt good and there is enough other stuff i label good, but you have to over see that, that guy dossent eat anny god shit that gets put on his dining table, lets use thats against him.

capitalisem stole your verginety

Edited by Michael Matzat

No need to argue, folks.

Many quadzillion thankyous for your compliance and understanding.

J Perfect thinks the game will be good and he'll enjoy it. He's right.

Matzat and SHF think the game could be improved. They're right.

Everyone is right. :thumbsup:

graphics really don't concern me. I mena i'm still hooked on games like pac man and tetris i cna play them for hours. HCTp is the same way. i can play it for hours becasue of the gameplay + c.a.w . I always play on the hardest difficulty and i lose some matches but its usually against the small high flying huys.

I forgot who said they got pinned after recieving the pedigree at the beginning of the match. try tapping buttons it helps me escape pins. When i fought HHH in season mode with eddie guerrero . he started teh match off with 2 specials and he hit the pedigree immediately . but i was able to break the pin.

I'm not sayig the game is the best because its not. its a good game though. some things could be improved. such as countering and such ( i had a few minor problems in hctp with counters) and other game aspects. I do however feel they will tweak all these things for raw vs smackdown. I t will be a great game and i'll be glad to add it to my collection but it won't be the best because they will won't to save some ideas for the next game.

One thing I don't like about the counter system in HCTP - in previous games it was just a simple one button for everything reversal button, which just made you mash the button and hope.

The new way (with two buttons for reversing, strike and grapple) IS better, but the thing that really helped me in No Mercy was how that you didn't have to remember which button was which because you could just experiment in the match and the block for a strike would do one animation, and the block of a grapple would be another animation.

In Smackdown there's no animation to show this, so if you forget which button counters which situation, you're screwed and have to go read the manual / remember which way around the buttons are.

So that's one thing I would improve. I don't care if it isn't realistic for them to put their chest out as an animation to block a strike, it helps me when playing the game, which is all that matters to me.

I gotta go with Marsh, anything that doesent really effect the combat aspect of the game, but will still help me remember the controls, is a good thing. And for the record, I never had a problem with the SD games, sure there are a few things here and there that I'd like changed, but I don't expect it to be a perfect game, they still need to come out with one next year, ya know?

Guest SelfHighFive

Oh, I mashed the buttons like a MFer, but there just seems to be some times where Austin and Triple H can get you regardless fo health, kind of like when you're fighting some people and the computer can kick out regardless of their health. Even if they're body is all in the red, it still could take 2 finishers to put them away for the 3.

it´s just that with smackdown, becaus of a lot of thes reason, you never can loose and thing that was one hell of a match but i just dident get this and that right, there is always something like the stupid tag team partner, the un KOebel oponent in last man standing, the varuiation of damage you take and your oponent inflicks of you even with alike states and alike moves and so one. That just dossent make a good game - in smackdown you ither kill your oponents without a second thought ore you get killed becaus of bad rationalety, bad coding, never tested match types ect.

Also, button mashing is soooooooooooooooooooooooo SNES, there issent anny real nead of abilety to it and it kills the controler.

-

also, why the hell cant you leafe the ring during submision matches ? (at least during some)

Edited by Michael Matzat

it´s just that with smackdown, becaus of a lot of thes reason, you never can loose and thing that was one hell of a match but i just dident get this and that right, there is always something like the stupid tag team partner, the un KOebel oponent in last man standing, the varuiation of damage you take and your oponent inflicks of you even with alike states and alike moves and so one. That just dossent make a good game - in smackdown you ither kill your oponents without a second thought ore you get killed becaus of bad rationalety, bad coding, never tested match types ect.

Also, button mashing is soooooooooooooooooooooooo SNES, there issent anny real nead of abilety to it and it kills the controler.

I take it you don't like the Track and Field series then?(Like a SUPER game) Buy it and play it with three friends, it's more fun than what sex is :shifty:

Oh, I mashed the buttons like a MFer, but there just seems to be some times where Austin and Triple H can get you regardless fo health, kind of like when you're fighting some people and the computer can kick out regardless of their health. Even if they're body is all in the red, it still could take 2 finishers to put them away for the 3.

There is one thing about HCTP that pissed me off actually. That was going days playing the season, getting to Mania and facing HHH in a cell. I hate ending the match quick, so I weakend him big time and could win...BUT THEN WHAM...out of nowhere comes one...YES ONE...pedigree and I'm pinned...ALL MY TIME DOWN THE DRAIN TO LOSE AT MANIA! :angry:

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I take it you don't like the Track and Field series then?

I cannot remember ever feling riped of by all thes different old sports games, but it ruind loads of joystikes and say whatever you want, the system fucking sucked and needed ZERO skill.

Qualety gameplay is something different.

Guest SelfHighFive

I tested something out a few times which I think is funny. Give a maxed out CAW a Pedigree, and then go into a match and immediately hit another maxed out CAW with it.... won't injure them in the least.

Now, take Triple H and face a maxed out CAW and hit them immediately with the Pedigree... the head goes immediately in the yellow. I don't believe the stats Triple H has, doesn't make sense.

I take it you don't like the Track and Field series then?

I cannot remember ever feling riped of by all thes different old sports games, but it ruind loads of joystikes and say whatever you want, the system fucking sucked and needed ZERO skill.

Qualety gameplay is something different.

Yeah but Track and Field is the fun of gaming. Its just there for you and your friends to play, and unless your really weird then you and your friends ALWAYS have a good time playing it. Also you do need skill, you need accurate timing with things and need to also be patient in areas, that's skill Maztat :P. Also it doesn't at all hurt your control unless you start using pathetic items to try and tap the buttons like most people. If you do that then buy an old PS1 control which you can get for about 50p for christ sake. It'll do no good to say this to you because you don't listen to me, but go and get the new athens game for PS2 :)

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040730032538936.jpg

I love how Andrae and Show look together, its brilliant. Now tell me a game that you can have the fun of seeing these two go at it. Yes, Smackdown rules :)

Edited by JohnnyPerfect