Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

Guest Wrestlekid

Wow, does Maztat have two accounts or something? Your getting nearly as bad as him.

Nah, the spelling wouldn't be that good :P

Back on topic. The graphics are OK in my book. The Face/Heel meters sound pretty cool, and if they make the Story mode longer than two years, I'll be a completely happy camper. I won't get this game as soon as it comes out, but I'll probably get it eventually.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i´ed apriciate it if people would consider talking about my points instead of bitching about my spelling ore using me as an excuse for everybody that dos have points against the game.

just proves that you would buy and hype everything, even a pice of poo, as long as it sais WWE PS2 game on the title. . .

it´s fun how people havent gotten that smackdown issent selling becaus of anny kind of qualety, it´s selling because of the licens, so dos WM, so dos Raw, two other game series as shitty as posible.

I could flame Smackdown with major Points allday long and the Marks still wouldend care...

Guest SelfHighFive

I just can't play a game anymore where you can literally beat the fuck out of your opponent with weapons until a simple punch could pin them, but they'll still get up 5 seconds after a major blow, grab a hurt body part, and run around like nothing is wrong. At least with the Legends games you have to actually WORK to get your guy back on his feet.

just proves that you would buy and hype everything, even a pice of poo, as long as it sais WWE PS2 game on the title. . .

No..it has to say WWE Smackdown PS2 game. :shifty:

it´s fun how people havent gotten that smackdown issent selling becaus of anny kind of qualety, it´s selling because of the licens, so dos WM, so dos Raw, two other game series as shitty as posible.

But the thing is...SO WHAT!! :huh: They can do that..it's been working all these years..it still is. The game sales...the game sales, simple as that.

If they decide to improve the game..sure that's a bonus..but seroiusly the whole point of all the series is to get a WWE game out every year, simple as that. Not to give you 'THE BEST GAMING EXPERIENCE EVAR!@'

I think it´s funny how Media 2.0 defends that he gets treaded like shit, they aqre making monney of me for doing nothing and thats a good thing because there are lemmings like me that just buy nothing new over and over again, it´s a gooooood thing !

annyway, a simple HCTP question, sinc Smackdown always is so grate and so one you all will be able to help me out here.

CPU vs Player, Season Mode, Last Man Standing - How to win, beting the shit out of your oponent with Wepons, Wapon Finishers did never work, simple moves, simpel finishers and stolen simple finishers did never work, even if the match lasts 3417 minutes and the guy is bloodyed and his whateveritscalledbodymetterthingydingi is all red sinc forever to.

Player however gets easylee killed by 1-2 finishers and/ore some weapon Shots.

I have never played this game much sinc the first days it was out (i like to hardcore test so i know what i am talking about) and ocasionaly (like now) wen i need to remind me how horribel it is (why the hell dos this game have a CAW buildup system wen there are pritty much non (havent seen one at least) storylines for that character and you get stuck with either having no matches ore being in Matches with megastars whom need two strikes to finish you off, and in the end you get the same points for beating austin as you get for beating rodney fucking mack) - i never got how to win that kind of Match and the way it looks like this is just one more example for how slumpy this game is coded. I am seriusly drunk and seriusly plaing this right now and i will not have Eddie Gurero screew me out of my title shot at wrestelmania now thanks to sucky coding so better help ore i´ll kill the child !

CPU vs Player, Season Mode, Last Man Standing - How to win, beting the shit out of your oponent with Wepons, Wapon Finishers did never work, simple moves, simpel finishers and stolen simple finishers did never work, even if the match lasts 3417 minutes and the guy is bloodyed and his whateveritscalledbodymetterthingydingi is all red sinc forever to.

Player however gets easylee killed by 1-2 finishers and/ore some weapon Shots.

The thing is..that never really happens to me :ohwell: Unless I'm like...a CAW that i've decided to not add attributes..and I'm going against Lesnar or something. And still...I dont' lose.

And the reason I'm defending that 'I get treated like shit' is because I dont. I for one..like the SD games..GAMEPLAY also. I would prefer, if to pull off a move, I didn't have to hit O, /\, /\, O, X, and so on and so on..the simplicity of it..I actually like :|..so umm..whatever I guess lol, Different strokes for different folks..

only aclaim ever used that combination shit, KoC gets you over 100 moves per wrestler with a system that is simple as hell and dos not require button bashing.

i hat this last man standing shit fuck bitch bastard problem with normal wrestlers to if i recall it right from last year... just sucks . . . meh i won in the end, but as so manny things in this game, thanks to sucky coding it is just frustrating, and thats exactly the oposit of what a good game should be.

edit

more shittynes, this storyline, i bet you saw it yourselfs once was like this

last two people in the rumbel thingy, me CAW, CPU edward gurrero, so you see, i beat him, while never leafing the ring by anny means.

Next thing that happens is a cutsceene were both workers fall out of the ring for no reason that was ever explaint, it just changed, well they both hold on to nothing and fall completly to the ground (you clearly can see how there is no chanse in hell to grob the top robe as long as you arrent that guy from the fantastic 4) - next sceen showes me holding on to the top robe and pulling back in.... who builds such shit ?

well now the usual bullshit comes up, seen it all on tv, rock vs big slow all over agayin results in a last man standing match (i loved this especialy becaus usualy you at least can say no and ask for another match, but no, with sucky as hell never tested last man standing, you can´t, fuck you THQ and Co.)

after about a zillion years domination that bastard with the usual bullshit (normals moveset, every weapon you can get around the ring, all the finishing pee and so one - NOTE - THIS INCLUDES 2 CHAIRS !!!! ) i finaly pick up the "clean" win. - Next thing you know that happens is a cutsceen apearing were Vince roles in while the match never ended (i saw the 10 count and heard the bell and the next thing you read is JR claiming the match is about to be won, MY ASS) carring THE SUPER SPECIAL MEGA MAGIC CHAIR, OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneone ( !!! ) that os not look ore feel anny different from the other two that have been used during the match asides from the fucking sledge hammer (wich i personaly would not like to be hit with more than i would not like to be hit with a chair in real life) and a shot with it causes me to LOOOSE THE FUCKING MATCH - i hope you get me right here, i got the points exp and all the other crap afterwarts, BUT WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO WORK MY ASS OF TO

1. get not called the winner

2. because of a gigantic bullshit reason

Wouldend it be easy to just let vinc run in with a chair wen it gets rugh for eddy and depending on win ore loose have either this cutsceen ore somekind of winner cutsceen ? Who in hell creates such gigantic puke.

i only needed to play this game for a few ingame month and i got reminded multible times why i consider it extremly rotten cowpoo . . . JUST HORRIBLE !!!

If you had an idea what i would pay for having some of the realy cool and interesting WWE GImmik Matches don properly in a wrestling game that has a good non bullshit all testes throu working gameplay system.

smackdown = fraud

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest SelfHighFive

That and you have to love THQ's stats, even though the WWE no doubt had a hand in that. Just look at Triple H's stats, they're absolutely ridiculous. Triple H is as fast as Tajiri, and as strong as Brock Lesnar? He has the submission skills of Chris Jericho? Anyone else see why I'm starting to hate the Smackdown games?

I was playing HCTP last night and did an Elimination Chamber. I was the last one released, and the second I got into the ring (with my created character with ability at 100) Triple H booted me, hit me with the Pedigree, and got the 3.... with a MAXED OUT CHARACTER. How ever if I give my character the Pedigree and do it to say.... Mysterio, he'll kick out at 1, it makes no sense.

I was playing HCTP last night and did an Elimination Chamber. I was the last one released, and the second I got into the ring (with my created character with ability at 100) Triple H booted me, hit me with the Pedigree, and got the 3.... with a MAXED OUT CHARACTER. How ever if I give my character the Pedigree and do it to say.... Mysterio, he'll kick out at 1, it makes no sense.

HOLY CRAP...you just suck. :blink: but really, that's never happened to me..NEVER. What do you do when you get pinned? press X once or twice or something..? cuz that's Bs. Unless you suck at kicking out.

And for those that don't have the 'privelage' to play KOC...can you please explain the story mode of KOC :ohwell: , or just a part of it?..

Looks terrific to me. I'll more than likely rent it or maybe get it for Christmas. I love the Create-A-Belt option and the ability to argue with the referee :D

Ok, I have to accept the last Smackdown game was average, and Matzat is TOTALLY RIGHT in everything he says about the games flaw's (Piss poor season mode, huge problems with gimmick matches, poor main grapple system etc), but I dont believe it was as bad as he makes out. I'd give the game a 7/10.

I really want longer matches too, but I accept that won't happen, so I accept Smackdown as an acceptbale arcade blast, and it is a hell of a lot more fun with friends. New features and modes look cool, and i'll get it because of those and the updated roster, and is is enjoyable for a quick match (though longer matches would be nice - sometimes I just refuse to pin my opponent to make the match go 10 mins plus, so it is a problem), and I have always got a lot of use out of the game.

But my BIGGEST gripe with the gane is its awful countering system. It hard to beat your opponent at all, even on the highest difficulty, just hard to get a move in to beat him. You get huge (like 10+ each) counter sequences, which are cool at first, but get REALLY INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. Your opponent doesn't out wrestle you, he out counters you. It would help if the counters were good, but they aren't. When you take away counter animations that are designed for finishers (e.g. Pedigree's, chokeslams), their are only about 4/5 counters, and they are bollocks. I'm so sick of getting elbowed in the gut or shoving them off me. How about original counters?

Just picking one match at random (just because I watched it today) - Edge/Mysterio vs. Benoit/Angle. Edge goes to armdrag Benoit, but on his way over, Benoit armdrags Edge. Later, Benoit goes to do an armbar on Edge (on the mat), but Edge counters and gets Benoit in a body scissors. Those are the kind of counters that should be included, not the shit generic ones in the game currently.

Also, season mode is hugely repetitive.

So, in summary

- Agree totally with Matzat, just not quite to the levels he hates the games. I'd give the last one a 7.

- Do enjoy the game more with friends, and for a quick arcade blast, and generally isn't that bad

- Do want longer matches, season mode is piss poor, Stats are way out of wack, all gimmick matches are awful, COUNTERING SYSTEM IS THE WORST EVER CREATED!!!

- Will get the new game cos the last wasn't too bad, cool new features, updated roster, better with friends.

Guest The Psychotic One

Gotta love that Big Show/Andre The Giant showdown pic.

Why is it that they can render pretty accuate face models for the guys, but the Divas never look like their real-life counterparts?

Guest Iron Mary

I could flame Smackdown with major Points allday long and the Marks still wouldend care...

That's why I like to read WWE video game threads :).

hat this last man standing shit fuck bitch bastard problem with normal wrestlers to if i recall it right from last year... just sucks . . . meh i won in the end, but as so manny things in this game, thanks to sucky coding it is just frustrating, and thats exactly the oposit of what a good game should be.

edit

last two people in the rumbel thingy, me CAW, CPU edward gurrero, so you see, i beat him, while never leafing the ring by anny means.

Next thing that happens is a cutsceene were both workers fall out of the ring for no reason that was ever explaint, it just changed, well they both hold on to nothing and fall completly to the ground (you clearly can see how there is no chanse in hell to grob the top robe as long as you arrent that guy from the fantastic 4) - next sceen showes me holding on to the top robe and pulling back in.... who builds such shit ?

well now the usual bullshit comes up, seen it all on tv, rock vs big slow all over agayin results in a last man standing match (i loved this especialy becaus usualy you at least can say no and ask for another match, but no, with sucky as hell never tested last man standing, you can´t, fuck you THQ and Co.)

after about a zillion years domination that bastard with the usual bullshit (normals moveset, every weapon you can get around the ring, all the finishing pee and so one - NOTE - THIS INCLUDES 2 CHAIRS !!!! ) i finaly pick up the "clean" win. - Next thing you know that happens is a cutsceen apearing were Vince roles in while the match never ended (i saw the 10 count and heard the bell and the next thing you read is JR claiming the match is about to be won, MY ASS) carring THE SUPER SPECIAL MEGA MAGIC CHAIR, OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneone ( !!! ) that os not look ore feel anny different from the other two that have been used during the match asides from the fucking sledge hammer (wich i personaly would not like to be hit with more than i would not like to be hit with a chair in real life) and a shot with it causes me to LOOOSE THE FUCKING MATCH - i hope you get me right here, i got the points exp and all the other crap afterwarts, BUT WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO WORK MY ASS OF TO

1. get not called the winner

2. because of a gigantic bullshit reason

Wouldend it be easy to just let vinc run in with a chair wen it gets rugh for eddy and depending on win ore loose have either this cutsceen ore somekind of winner cutsceen ? Who in hell creates such gigantic puke.

I agree there. That season with jan-u-wine regurgitated 2000 rumble storyline and 2003 Rock-Hogan II "screwjob" left me feeling insulted. And I agree that Last Man Standing is fucking ridiculously random. After being pounded for most of a LMS match with my friend, trading chair shots and finishers for about ten minutes, I beat Scott Steiner as Eric Bischoff after one finisher after taking Complete Shot (edited Steiner's finisher) at least a dozen times.

That and you have to love THQ's stats, even though the WWE no doubt had a hand in that. Just look at Triple H's stats, they're absolutely ridiculous. Triple H is as fast as Tajiri, and as strong as Brock Lesnar? He has the submission skills of Chris Jericho? Anyone else see why I'm starting to hate the Smackdown games?

Very, VERY marky stats piss me off so much in that game. Nearly as bad as when at No Way Out 2004 when Brock Lesnar's personal cocksuckers Tazz & Michael Cole were pretty much undermining Eddie before and during the match, and also when Goldberg speared their pal Lesnar, only to jump on Eddie's bandwagon at the end.... OK, that isn't really related but I'd hate someone to give the SPEED advantage to Lesnar over Guerrero.

BTW, Gotta love Triple H in HCTP. He is the Jesus of Smackdown. My friend was Edge against me as unedited Triple H in a Submission match, and, whilst I was bright red, he could not make me tap to the Edgecution. My meter rose so rapidly it was almost to the point that I hit the "Escape" end. He was in the yellow and tapped out to the MAIN EVENT SLEEPER OF DOOM~! And both our button-mashing skills are about the same. Go figure.

But my BIGGEST gripe with the gane is its awful countering system. It hard to beat your opponent at all, even on the highest difficulty, just hard to get a move in to beat him. You get huge (like 10+ each) counter sequences, which are cool at first, but get REALLY INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. Your opponent doesn't out wrestle you, he out counters you. It would help if the counters were good, but they aren't. When you take away counter animations that are designed for finishers (e.g. Pedigree's, chokeslams), their are only about 4/5 counters, and they are bollocks. I'm so sick of getting elbowed in the gut or shoving them off me. How about original counters?

Just picking one match at random (just because I watched it today) - Edge/Mysterio vs. Benoit/Angle. Edge goes to armdrag Benoit, but on his way over, Benoit armdrags Edge. Later, Benoit goes to do an armbar on Edge (on the mat), but Edge counters and gets Benoit in a body scissors. Those are the kind of counters that should be included, not the shit generic ones in the game currently.

Also, season mode is hugely repetitive.

A huge gripe of mine with the series. One of the things that made No Mercy a superior game to Smackdown was the REVERSAL system. For example, CAW Booker T goes for a sidekick on Kurt Angle. Kurt catches the foot and counters with the ankle lock. Or Bradshaw goes for the clothesline from hell on Benoit, who reverses into an armbar. These REVERSALS added a level of psychology to the game. Not the word REVERSALS, as most in the game were REVERSALS, and not too often were they simple counters that are seen in Smackdown games.

All in all, Timmay has said it already that most of us can understand and sympathise with Matzat's views on the games but not share the same level of hatred for the game that he does. I hate the stupid mechanics of some of the matches. I hate the lack of psychology. I hate the half-assed approach to the undercard wrestlers and legends in HCTP. I hate the incredibly poor selling in the game, which is only realistic in HCTP if you play Taker vs Goldberg. I hate countering being major as opposed to reversals. I hate the marky stats that seem to have been obtained from an eight year old hoss mark. I hate the random nature of the gameplay mechanics. I DEAD-SET hate picking a good wrestler like Eddie Guerrero and getting absolutely murdered by Nash (OMG 9.5 strength, 10 endurance~!...... we all know Nash should have 10 endurance :shifty: ). I hate the idea of "Parking Lot Brawl" as a "new" match type.

Still, all hatred aside, I still like the series as an arcade title. It is fairly easy to play, often very entertaining, and sometimes I can just laugh at the marky nature of the game after knocking someone out with an RKO. Part decent multiplayer arcade game, part bodge-job, the Smackdown series really appeals to arcade multiplayer game lovers and also to those who enjoy train wrecks ala WCW 2000-2001.

see wen it comes to arcade titles (wich i don´t realy like becaus i prevere gaming that keeps trak of what happent in more parts than an energy bar and fights that alst longer than 30 sec.) i can look at tecken, streat fighter 2 release 3478 and Mortal COmbat part one zillionbillion aaaaand 2 - i see this games having some bugs here and there, but nevaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr as much as Smackdown, the gameplay is just so full of bugs that are indiscustebell bad and have nothing todo with personal tast that i just would never get why someone that dossent mark for the WWE gimmiks could ignore them and look forward on spending a full game price on basicly the same game with the same bugs and the same moves over and over again each year....

Now if it at least would be a good fun to play non frustrating (i just started thinking of tag team matches, why is it that the player partner has no brain at all while the CPU partner dos the right thing in time ? - I mean seriusly, i getr pinned, call my partner he atacks the CPU non legal wrestler - WTF ? other way around, i pin, call my partner, he just stands there whille the CPU partner wents straigt to braking the pin, this happens in over 90% of the cases for me, i also love it how the partner refuses to leafe the ring even wen you are pinning the oponent . . . you know you have a pore game if the only reasonms you are loosing are bad KI (you could ins0r0r0r a million other words here that all fit Smackdown)

shit i need KoC2 fast . . .

Guest SelfHighFive

Wait until Raw vs. Smackdown comes out, I'll put money down that Orton has ungodly stats.... and the RKO actually looks good. Although I'd laugh my ass off if they make it true to life and make him mess it up every single time. :D