Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

Thanks Kliq.

Them videos are fucking awesome. The Undertaker entrance is bloody brilliant if you ask me, but hey lets just await Selfhighfive and Maztat to come in here and tell us how the graphics and all the other parts of the videos suck :)

Anyway moving on. The Evolution entrance is wicked if you ask me, even if it isn't exactly how there real entrance is. It looks so damn better than the entrances in HCTP, the people look so better if you ask me. Kane/Hardy video is looking good, I liked the test of strength and one awesome thing I see, EYE POKE! I wasn't a fan of always doing the throat buster thing on the ropes, the eye poke looks brilliant. Commentry is in, whether its not brilliant or not its in and thats a good thing for me. The parking lot brawl wasn't amazing but wasn't looking too bad, the window screen break looked pretty damn good. The ladder match looked good but you don't see enough to really see much difference so not much to say there. The Taker entrance like I said looks awesome IMO.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Elimination Chamber and Cage Matches, for example, seem to be pretty much the same as they were last year.

boooooooooooooooooohooooooooo, especialy @ cage match big fat booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohohohohohohooooooooooo

While the Hell in a Cell option has added a few refinements (re: it's a lot harder to fall from the top of the cell by accident,

More than needed, but sinc the hardcore guys hated me bringing this up as point against the game they should hate this change right ?

Still only 6 Wrestlers in the ring ?

Once their meter is built all the way to the end it will flash. Once it does this, flicking the right analog stick makes him invulnerable for a short period of time; at which point not only can he not be hurt, but his finishing moves will do a lot more damage as well.

RUSH MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODEEEEEE ASPW3 :-p

And while we're on the subject of real life, Yuke's has gone back to the drawing board with its weight detection system and made it a lot more realistic. Now broken up into five different weight classes (diva, cruiser, light heavy, heavy, and super heavy), all the slams, bombs, and drops are even more accurate than before.

More than needed, rest see HIAC fallof changes + EVEN MORE ACURATE ? IS IGN INSANE ? WFT was acurate with that weight system....

The much publicized stare downs and tests of strength aren't as common as we thought they'd be -- which is good.

better that is

Not to mention the fact that you can no longer use the steps indefinitely -- after five or six hits, they'll disappea

bullshit

Additionally, weapons like championship belts and chairs do more damage than they used to

very nice, usualy you need 3 hits to be able to pull of a finisher and win, now it´s only one hit~! The balance of this game is totaly down the toilet annyway and now they rip it farther into extrems...

some of the changes IGN claims to have seen seem interesting, the sad thing is that they wrote such stuff for every smackdown and wen i played it most of it seemed to be barly existand....

Guest Future Shock

Mat is right. What they should do with weapon moves is instead of having them do mid-range damage and boost up your meter so much, they should knock the absolute FUCK out of your opponent, but give no boost to your meter. I mean, c'mon, we're trained to think that weapons, especially chairs and belts, do either a 3 count or a very close 2 count.

I'll buy the game, because it's decent, but not great.

However, Mat, I'm really quite irritated at you saying over and over that KOC2 is better. I mean, duh. :-p Of course it is, it's made by people who made fucking Fire Pro Wrestling! Damn well better be good!

Mat is right. What they should do with weapon moves is instead of having them do mid-range damage and boost up your meter so much, they should knock the absolute FUCK out of your opponent, but give no boost to your meter. I mean, c'mon, we're trained to think that weapons, especially chairs and belts, do either a 3 count or a very close 2 count.

But ummm..if I understand correctly, Matzat's saying the weapons being so powerful is bad. I could be wrong though.

But for realism' sake..since people seem to want that so much...the weapons doing that much damage is actually appropiate. Point and case...HHH/Regal last week.

Meh..I may be the only one, but now after seeing the Parking Lot brawl in action, I'm glad they added it. I for one, before while watching that episode of SD again (I tape them) have recreated Eddie/Cena parking lot brawl before on HCTP...and it wasn't the same.

This...is actually just like it. Whether some like it or not..doesn't matter, you don't have to play it do you? But it'll be great to recreate Cena/Eddie, the right way..again. Or have a parking lot brawl..conclusion to a 'virtual feud' between Dupree and Cena. Not to mention it looks great for multiplayer, if like me, you play with someone kind of younger, I usually play against my little cousin cuz he gets a kick out of some things, mainly backstage animations. So that should be great.

The other vids, the entrances look bad ass...both the Evo and Taker one..Taker one definitely. The end of the evo one though looks like they have HHH and ORton mixed up...as well as the fact they make Big Dave look like a slave or something :o. Hopefully that add his 'almost homo muscle man pose' before release.

Not to fond of the little..beginning of the match thing, kind of reminded me of some events in Athens 2004 which I recently rented..with the whole press button when it appears thing. Hopefully you get to choose when you want to do it.

The HHH/HBK vid looked crap, while the graphics were good, the repeated just beating over and over sucked..but then again, who really does that? Although the gold ladder...was...interesting.

EDIT- Ahhh..I take my evo entrance comments back now. I just realized what was wrong with it. For those that haven't watched yet, or will rewatch or whatever. Triple H=Orton/Batista=Flair/Orton=Batista. Just that paticular stable..they have the entrance all mixed up.

Edited by Media 2.0

But ummm..if I understand correctly, Matzat's saying the weapons being so powerful is bad. I could be wrong though.

But for realism' sake..since people seem to want that so much...the weapons doing that much damage is actually appropiate. Point and case...HHH/Regal last week.

it was more meant as an overall critesisem on the usual laking balance of Smackdown, i don´t want to elaborate that much right now sinc i already layed parts of that out a few pages ago, let´s just say - if the counter system would be build in a way were it makes a difference if you pull on a hard move one minute in ore 5 minutes in this would make some sens, but in smackdown you just bumb into the ref (if there is dq), get your chair, kill your oponent, do your finisher, pin, thats it, the wepons already are ultra powerfull especialy for a decent Superstar Points having Wrestler, making them more powerfull just dossent work with smackdowns system.

edit, about your Regal/HHH thing, see this still is a game and the idea of the match is that is is "real" and not scripted a certain amount like on TV, so either you have Wepons as killer in the end of an Match with somewhat unrealistic counters in the beginning (like ducking chairshots from behind) with very rar exeptions were it just works out in the beginning already ore you have what it is now, permanent instand death.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest SelfHighFive

Undertaker's entrance is MUCH more impressive in Day of Reckoning than RAW vs. Smackdown. In RvS, he walks too fast, his face remains exactly the same until he he rolls his eyes, and his arms are in position to raise the lights while he's walking up the steps. The druids to me do not make it that impressive. Check out the DoR entrance if you wanna be impressed.

I'm not too impressed with the Parknig Lot Brawl either. Adding in the animation of being whipped into the guardrails for most of the cars is boring, although I do like the animation for the windshield and horn.

• Admin

Undertaker's entrance is MUCH more impressive in Day of Reckoning than RAW vs. Smackdown. In RvS, he walks too fast, his face remains exactly the same until he he rolls his eyes, and his arms are in position to raise the lights while he's walking up the steps. The druids to me do not make it that impressive. Check out the DoR entrance if you wanna be impressed.

I'm not too impressed with the Parknig Lot Brawl either. Adding in the animation of being whipped into the guardrails for most of the cars is boring, although I do like the animation for the windshield and horn.

I watched it yesterday and I realized that DoR wrestlers STILL suffer from the absurd looking walk that was even worse in the WM games. The lack of music and a tron spoiled it for me too. Overall tho, the Undertaker looks much better in SvR than he does in DoR, and they'll probably improve it a great deal.

EDIT: I also think that his arms are in that position when he's walking up the steps in SvR because he's meant to be holding his coat; maybe they'll add that in.

Totally agree with Kliqster, the DOR Taker entrance isn't a touch on the SvR entrance, sorry but its true however much you slag the game off.

Like Media said, they messed up with the Evo entrance BUT if they had it in the correct order it'd be great if you ask me. The characters seem to move there bodies so much better compared to how they did in HCTP.

SmackDown vs. RAW seems so much better than Day of Reckoning. Considering SvR won't be out for another month or two, and DoR is released at the end of this month, that says a lot to me.

It looks better graphically, from the videos I saw of DoR, the gameplay looks *a little bit* better than what Here Comes the Pain does. Not saying it looks bad, but I am saying SvR looks a whole lot better.

The Undertaker's entrance on SvR > The Undertaker's entrance on DoR, 'nuff said.

HBk's entrance on DoR looks brilliant, I hope SvR has the same one!

Guest Future Shock

Mat's idea rules, because I do agree, Smackdown is way too easy with the weapons and shit. What they should do is Mat's idea, but only allow you to use it once, then it's gone. So if it gets countered, you don't get to use it again, but your opponent gets a try.

*is confused. :mellow:

What exactly do you do to get it to work? :/, because I changed it to .wmv and did the right click/save..but it did nothing..

Gotta save it first, rename it after.