Spiderman 3

Guest J_Lethal

I can't really see him fitting Brock's role, as Topher is a stick really and well even Brock is a big guy, he's like The Rock's size almost. I'd love to see someone like Bale play him, but yeh, I wouldn't expect much of him in this film, just a build up for the next, which I'm guessing will just be Spiderman Vs Venom.

To be honest, I think Topher would look much better as Cassidy/Carnage.

Edited by fourstarfizzle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I believe the Venom rumor because Raimi has said in the past that he's a fan of the old-school villains and didn't have plans to bring Venom to life on screen.

Granted plans could have changed, but I just don't believe the rumors.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking though as Venom is one of my least favorite comic book villains of all-time. The only books I liked that he was in were his battles with Wolverine.

Guest Takayamanofear

I think Eddie Brock will be in this one. Green Goblin II will be the main villian I have a feeling Sandman will be a henchmen. They would be missing out of a huge chuck of the Venom storyline if they just put Venom in there. They have to show Parker beating Brock at about everything.

When I heard about Topher Grace being cast, the only person I could picture him being would be Ben Reilly, but oh well, him as Venom should be interesting. But I really hope they end the film with a bit of a cliff-hanger like they did X-Men 2 and have Venom just appear, then the film end or something. Venom shouldn't be a throwaway character in a film with two other villians.

Personally, I think Brock Lensnar would've made a great Venom. He looks just like Eddie Brock from the comics. And I've said this on another board in response to this news, and I'll say it here: ECW's Sandman would make a much more entertaining villain in this movie than the comic book Sandman.

Personally, I think Brock Lensnar would've made a great Venom. He looks just like Eddie Brock from the comics. And I've said this on another board in response to this news, and I'll say it here: ECW's Sandman would make a much more entertaining villain in this movie than the comic book Sandman.

they went with Topher Grace because he is like the mirror image of Tobey Maguire... I read it somewhere that they wanted Eddie Brock to be very similar to Peter Parker in not only just the jobs he does but the way he looks... and thats why Topher got the job... I didn't like the casting at first but after reading why, it doesnt sound all that bad...

Although the costume ideas that have hit the net make it sound like they will look like power ranger bad guys again (like Green Goblin from first movie)... which will suck...

I Believe I read all this on aintitcoolnews.com ages ago... site is something like that...

He just doesn't fit the role, I'd rather see someone like Christian Bale play Venom. :ohwell:

Well, there's no chance in hell Warner would let Batman play in a Spider-Man movie. My vision for Venom has always been The Rock. He'd be perfect for the role.

And I've said this on another board in response to this news, and I'll say it here: ECW's Sandman would make a much more entertaining villain in this movie than the comic book Sandman.

You really are a wrestling fan, aren't you? :P

I'm not saying ECW's Sandman would make a good Spiderman villain, I'm just saying he'd be better than the comic book Sandman, the Marvel one, anyway. I'm just trying to say that the Sandman is really, really shitty villain, and it's a travesty he's making it to the movies before, say, Mysterio, or the Lizard, or Kraven.

I wouldn't put Mysterio much higher than Sandman, to be honest. I don't think Mysterio should have any place in any contemporary Spiderman, he was too camp-y and fairly horrendous, whilst The Sandman at least kind of fits. But I'd definitely prefer to see The Lizard over Sandman.

Mysterio is a joke to Spider-Man though, has he ever been taken seriously? But are we ever going to see Black Cat in the movies? Female villain would be a nice change and it could create some interesting tension between Peter and Mary Jane. A lot of great, young actresses could play the Cat very well too.

And GF, I actually did think about Kiefer as Venom, but The Rock just has that snide Venom attitude. If they're going for an all-out serious, vicious Venom, then yeah, go with Sutherland. But if we're doing that smart-ass, yet still evil son of a bitch, then you gotta go with the Rock.

Now the next question, who is your ideal actor for Cletus Kasady/Carnage?

Edited by Zero

Am I the only person who hates Nick Cage? The person who plays Carnage has to be a bad motherfucker who could convincingly play a complete lunatic. Cage is not a bad motherfucker and he can't convincingly play anything but himself.

Am I the only person who hates Nick Cage? The person who plays Carnage has to be a bad motherfucker who could convincingly play a complete lunatic. Cage is not a bad motherfucker and he can't convincingly play anything but himself.

I think people think of Cage because he has wild eyes sometimes.

As for Carnage, part of me sees Brad Pitt. I keep thinking of his role in 12 Monkeys.

When I think Carnage I think Ed Norton, actually.

I think people think of Cage because he has wild eyes sometimes.

As for Carnage, part of me sees Brad Pitt. I keep thinking of his role in 12 Monkeys.