NFL Playoffs

Cactus Drags

Am I the only one who thinks the whole "Such-and-such is non-challengeable because it's a judgment call" is bullshit? Isn't the point of review to get it RIGHT? The whole reason you challenge a play is because you think the ref is wrong, but in some cases what the ref thinks/assumes/guesses is upheld as law just because? Bull.

I'm also against the whole "2 challenges per game" shit. If the referees can't fucking get it right, let them challenge. I say you get two WRONG challenges a game, and if you get it right you just keep on challenging away. If the fuckin refs can't get it right, don't punish the teams by making their coaches choose what two plays they'll decide to challenge.

That was '96 when Carolina and Jacksonville made their respective conference championships, naiwf.

I don't see Jacksonville going very far into the playoffs. Their lovely QB controversy looks like it might be JUST enough for the Patriots to pull one out, especially in Foxboro.

Carolina/New York is going to be one hell of a game, regardless of who wins it. I feel it's going to be more of a shootout than people think, with Burress and Smith going catch-for-catch.

The other two games, I don't know much of. I just hope New England loses because I'm tired of all the Tom Brady fellatio that goes around every time he completes a pass or successfully ties his shoe. If I had Corey Dillon to hand off to, the receiving corps that he has available, a kicker that is all but automatic from inside 50 yards and that defense to back me up, in a weak division with little competition for the division crown and a guaranteed home game in one of the toughest places to play in the league, I'm pretty sure I could lead a couple Super Bowl charges too.

Edited by Livid

And the indoors argument that naiwf brings up doesn't exactly work either, because only the Colts, Rams, Lions, Vikings, and Saints play in domes in it's truest sense and that's about a sixth of the league that play in a dome, and the chances of all but one of those teams of going to the playoffs soon aren't that great.

Guest blueblood

Man, the Bengals really messed up today. I like the Bengals and the Steelers but I was rooting for the Steelers because I want to see Bettis get a ring this year.

It was a close game until the second half. Kitna was actually doing good when he first came in. The botched FG attempt made everything go down hill for the Bengals. Kitna looked real bad in the second half. Running around in and out of the pocket and not hitting open targets. And the Steelers D really stepped up. You have to give them credit for putting pressure on Kitna. They were blowing right through and around the Bengals' OL.

That trick play the Steelers did was amazing. It made the Bengals' D look really bad. But hey it was a good play it could confuse anybody.

CIN just didn't play well in the second half and the Steelers made them pay. And it's too bad about Palmer. If he were playing maybe the game would have went differently. Oh well, great win for the Steelers they earned it. Sorry to all you Bengals fans. It really sucks about Palmer. He had a great year.

And the indoors argument that naiwf brings up doesn't exactly work either, because only the Colts, Rams, Lions, Vikings, and Saints play in domes in it's truest sense and that's about a sixth of the league that play in a dome, and the chances of all but one of those teams of going to the playoffs soon aren't that great.

Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play

And we ride on them thangs like every day

Big beats, hit streets, see gangstas roamin'

And parties don't stop 'til eight in the mornin'!

Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play

And we ride on them thangs like every day

Big beats, hit streets, see gangstas roamin'

And parties don't stop 'til eight in the mornin'!

That was '96 when Carolina and Jacksonville made their respective conference championships, naiwf.

I don't see Jacksonville going very far into the playoffs. Their lovely QB controversy looks like it might be JUST enough for the Patriots to pull one out, especially in Foxboro.

Carolina/New York is going to be one hell of a game, regardless of who wins it. I feel it's going to be more of a shootout than people think, with Burress and Smith going catch-for-catch.

The other two games, I don't know much of. I just hope New England loses because I'm tired of all the Tom Brady fellatio that goes around every time he completes a pass or successfully ties his shoe. If I had Corey Dillon to hand off to, the receiving corps that he has available, a kicker that is all but automatic from inside 50 yards and that defense to back me up, in a weak division with little competition for the division crown and a guaranteed home game in one of the toughest places to play in the league, I'm pretty sure I could lead a couple Super Bowl charges too.

Okay, I'm responding this quite a bit late, but I was reading it and couldn't help but reply. Are you fucking serious? Honestly, I'm not a Patriots fan but to say that Tom Brady has had as much success as has because of the team around him is bullshit. Yes, they have a dynasty and yes, I would be one of those who would like to see some new teams win the damn game, but I respect the fact that nobody on that team has a big head. And then I see you go off about how the team around him is amazing, yet you fail to see what happened to that team this year. Before the year started everybody started to say that Brady would struggle a lot this year because Charlie Weis was gone. How does Tom Brady respond? By having his best year statistically with one of the most injury plagued offenses known to man. Corey Dillon, David Givens, Bethel Johnson, Kevin Faulk, their entire Offensive Line, Rodney Harrison (their defensive leader), Randall Gay (starting corner last year), Duane Starks, Tyrone Poole, and even more injuries at other times, especially not having Bruschi for the first part of the season. Their defense, at the beginning of the year, was horrible, one of the worst in the league, but now that they have some health again they started to have a bit more success, but regardless, Tom Brady played with no O-line, banged up recievers, and Heath Evans at RB and he still his best year statistically who by the way, like I said, wasn't supposed to have this kind of year because Weis is now gone. Yes, they benefited from having a weak division to even be in this position, but that's not their's, nor Brady's fault.

So don't try and be anti-Patriots just for the sake of it, actually bring up some good points about it because you just called a Quarterback who's yet to lose a playoff game and has 3 Super Bowl rings when he's only 28 years old, overrated and you didn't even make the most sense in doing so.

I definitely agree more with oldskool. Brady is not a Marino, Unitas, Young, Elway, etc. Brady is a QB who doesn't make mistakes, knows football is a team game, and when needed can be a clutch performer. That's really all you need, but I don't like him being praised as this incredible QB. Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl everyone.

And it's too bad about Palmer. If he were playing maybe the game would have went differently

I think it's safe to say it was more than a "maybe." Palmer's one of the best in the league, and the Bengals were playing great with a back-up. The middle of the third quarter, things went downhill, but those mistakes likely wouldn't have happened if Carson was on the field. It really sucks, when asked about it, he said he knew immediately that he was done for the season. And as much as I hate the Steelers, I don't think it was intentional, that is how they play, but everyone is saying Kimo was pretty devastated after the game. In my view though, it's a tainted win for the Steelers, they beat the Bengals, but they didn't beat the Bengal.

Okay, I'm responding this quite a bit late, but I was reading it and couldn't help but reply. Are you fucking serious? Honestly, I'm not a Patriots fan but to say that Tom Brady has had as much success as has because of the team around him is bullshit. Yes, they have a dynasty and yes, I would be one of those who would like to see some new teams win the damn game, but I respect the fact that nobody on that team has a big head. And then I see you go off about how the team around him is amazing, yet you fail to see what happened to that team this year. Before the year started everybody started to say that Brady would struggle a lot this year because Charlie Weis was gone. How does Tom Brady respond? By having his best year statistically with one of the most injury plagued offenses known to man. Corey Dillon, David Givens, Bethel Johnson, Kevin Faulk, their entire Offensive Line, Rodney Harrison (their defensive leader), Randall Gay (starting corner last year), Duane Starks, Tyrone Poole, and even more injuries at other times, especially not having Bruschi for the first part of the season. Their defense, at the beginning of the year, was horrible, one of the worst in the league, but now that they have some health again they started to have a bit more success, but regardless, Tom Brady played with no O-line, banged up recievers, and Heath Evans at RB and he still his best year statistically who by the way, like I said, wasn't supposed to have this kind of year because Weis is now gone. Yes, they benefited from having a weak division to even be in this position, but that's not their's, nor Brady's fault.

So don't try and be anti-Patriots just for the sake of it, actually bring up some good points about it because you just called a Quarterback who's yet to lose a playoff game and has 3 Super Bowl rings when he's only 28 years old, overrated and you didn't even make the most sense in doing so.

Ok, i need to get something off my chest.

I'm sick and tired of people underrating the Broncos every year, even after they win back to back Super Bowls, and make the playoffs almost every year after that.

Red Devil-Taker316 says John Elway was over-rated, but name another quarterback who made it to 5 super bowls (3 in the 4 years before the Bills 4 year losing streak). and he went to 3 without Davis, Sharpe and McCaffery.

Name the 2 teams who have been in the most Super Bowls:

If you said Dallas and San Fransisco, close.

Dallas - 8 Super Bowls

San Fran: 5 Super Bowls

DENVER: 6 Super Bowls

I dont think Jake Plummer has what it takes to be a Super Bowl Champion, and I think Shanahan is washed up, but they both proved something this year, and they may just suprise you in the playoffs.

Name the Broncos Play makers this year for Plummer...the O-Line and Rod Smith...thats it...some say Anderson, some say Bell, but they'd be nothing without the line...same goes for Terrell Davis and Clinton Portis (proven in Washington).

The Broncos may have lost 4 of their 6 super bowls, but they still made it to more than 30 other teams (Dallas is the only exception)

Only 8 teams have ever won 2 super bowls in a row.

Before this years Colts, the Broncos were the last team to go 13-0 in a season.

Elway is the only QB in NFL History to play every snap in 5 Super Bowls

Denver is the most under-rated team in all of sports (excluding The Colorado Rockies and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays) Only one 'expert' ever gives Denver any credit. Is it Shannon Sharp or Tom Jackson (2 former Broncos)? NO! Its Chris Collensworth. Even during the 99 unbeaten streak, nobody thought Denver was anything special.

Now, I'm gonna stop here before I start to rant :-P

Edited by matbar