What's The Fucking Hold Up?!

zero

Okay, so in an exercise in boredom, I want to know what games you need to see get made. These can be sequels, remakes, licensed titles, or all new original games. Here's mine:

Sequels

Twisted Metal Black 2 - The epitome of "what's the fucking hold-up?" Black still is one of the greatest games on the PS2, and in the era of yearly sequels, one has to wonder why the hell there is no mention of a follow up five years later.

Killer Instinct 3 - With Rare becoming the most disappointing thing Microsoft ever spent money on, it may be time for them to rely on an old standard. More KI1, less KI2 though.

Skies of Arcadia 2 - So much potential to become a franchise.

Earthbound 2 - It was a crime to get cancelled in the first place

Remakes

Shadowrun - This one looks like it might happen on the 360.

Chrono Trigger - Imagine what modern graphics and all new quests could add to the greatest game of all time.

Licensed Titles

A good Spider-Man game - Still waiting. They keep trying to make GTA Spider-Man, but completely miss the mark. It's totally do-able. The living, breathing world of GTA, but instead of a criminal, you're the good guy. Put an emphasis on having to hide your secret identity as well.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be a so-so decision, but I'd love for them to do a sequel to Manhunt. I personally loved the game despite it having many flaws. Tkaing the few things that were good, and seriously overhauling the bad (which is a lofty task) could produce a much better game.

I agree with a remake of Chrono Trigger too. As a huge Final Fantasy fanboy, I was eventually drawn to CT and I was far from disappointed. A current/next gen interpretation of that would be as good if not better than an FFVII remake that will frankly never come.

I wouldn't mind seeing Streets of Rage being re-made, or an all new version of it put on the newer consoles. I envision it similar to The Warriors, but with the Streets of Rage trademarks. I'd like to see all of the old characters, from Adam to Zan as playable characters, and more fighting options. I think if the right company made this game, and gave it enough time, it could be amazing.

Edited by VerbalPuke

For me, definately a sequel to the Syndicate series. The original Syndicate was great, Syndicate Wars improved on it, and with the technology available today, it could have the potential to become something breathtaking. I also like to see a sequel to the System Shock series. But this is just my opinion.

This is just initially what comes to mind right now. I'll be replying back when I know some more.

A new Dawn of War expansion to include Dark Eldar or Necrons (but given how much attention GW pay to the DE lately, I think Necrons is far more likely). Is probably on it's way, but nothing's been announced yet.

A Chaos League/BloodBowl inspired game, but based on soccer. How fucking much would that sell over here, based on concept alone?! Get rid of the strategy element (it worked for American Football, because that's more of a strategy sport), and make it an FPS/Pro-Evo hybrid. Fuck yes. And lets face it, it'd make things a whole lot more realistic when you're playing against Arsenal :shifty:

Edited by TheReilDeal27

Mario 64. I mean, seriously. It's been about TEN YEARS since we had a decent, classic Mario game. Mario Sunshine sucked ass, but a Mario 64 style game on the Gamecube (or now, Revolution) would really give Nintendo a flagship game again, instead of just the various Nintendo games.

And I know this may sound stupid, but I'd love to see a new WCW or ECW game. It'd be like a scenario, and you could play back in 1997 or whenever you want.

A new Fable would be great for the Xbox 360, because it was a generally good game, but could have been way better. And if it went online...my god. It could turn into a massively multiplayer game.

And I think anyone who's seen me posting would know I'd kill for a KOTOR sequel on Xbox 360.

How was Mario Sunshine that different from Mario 64? At least it was something different from the exact same thing over and over again. I'll definitely say the camera sucked and took away from the game, but I'll say that about Mario 64 as well.

Edited by Zero

Knights of The Old Republic 3: Not even an announcement yet, just stupid rumours

Mario 128: So many rumours again, and I know they're making it and thats the sad part, I haven't seen nothing yet!

And Zero, you bring an excellent point of Chrono Trigger being remade (Y)

I think there should be more new 2D Platformers. Seriously, the platformer is pretty much a dead genre, but could be brought back in a huge way if a company put good money into making an amazing-looking, long, fun platformer, using up the extra space that next-gen consoles allow for gameplay and longevity rather than amazing 3D graphics.

Also, a GOOD zombie game. Stuff like Resident Evil's all well and good, but it doesn't capture the feel of a zombie movie. A true zombie story would admittedly be difficult to convert into a game, though, as it would involve you being cornered off in a very small area while zombies advance on you, so there would be no quest/goal element as there is in most games. I'm not entirely sure how it would translate into a decent game, but a proper Romero-style zombie game would rock if done well.

Also, 3D Cock-fighting. Untapped market, I swear. It's illegal, so why not give people the legal alternative? You'd make a mint.

Grand Theft Auto, but in a world that's been taken over by zombies. Imagine it, you're the leader of a gang of survivors, missions include retreiving cans of food, weapons, and rescuing other survivors. In-depth storylines as the other characters get to know/hate each other, all in a world of the walking dead. Sweeeeeeeeet.