V For Vendetta

Tarheels.

I meant people here on the boards, lots of people here seem to like it. I've seen many good reviews for it but I've also seen reviews of it that were terrible. Having never read the book/comics before I thought the movie was incredible, and I'm going to pick up the book.

There are people who don't like this movie. They also don't like everything from Sin City to Pulp Fiction to Spider-Man to Batman. So, yeah.

Pretty much everybody who likes those movies was entertained by this movie. I loved it myself. Not spectacular, but a good, entertaining movie. So good that I bought the comic.

There are people who don't like this movie. They also don't like everything from Sin City to Pulp Fiction to Spider-Man to Batman. So, yeah.

Pretty much everybody who likes those movies was entertained by this movie.

Ermmm...no.

People who don't like this film generally just don't like this film, irrelevant. Why group in a flimsy set of four other films that they assumedly didn't like? My point was that unlike most films that get unanimous love, this film got mixed reviews from both critics/reviewers and cinema goers alike.

It got mixed reviews simply based on the fact that not everyone will appreciate the style or the sentiment of the movie, more than anything (from the sounds of it)

Edited by HGwannabe

Ermmm...no.

People who don't like this film generally just don't like this film, irrelevant. Why group in a flimsy set of four other films that they assumedly didn't like? My point was that unlike most films that get unanimous love, this film got mixed reviews from both critics/reviewers and cinema goers alike.

It got mixed reviews simply based on the fact that not everyone will appreciate the style or the sentiment of the movie, more than anything (from the sounds of it)

I only read one review prior to seeing it, and afterwards I can only agree with it: V For Vendetta is anti-Christian, pro-gay, terrorist-loving, radical leftist communist propaganda. :shifty:

I personally dug the movie very muchos: less philosophical meandering and craptalk than the Matrixes, yet not overloaded with action. Indeed, there was barely any action besides the big fight scene. Plus I simply loved Hugo Weaving's effort.

This movie has Natalie Portman so it's bound to be good.

That's what I believed about Star Wars III! :'(

Ermmm...no.

Mixed reviews by critics? :blink:

It's at 75% fresh on RottenTomatoes.com. How is that "mixed"? Seems like a majority like it.

And just a 62 on metacritic.com.

Plus I wasn't basing my point on US reviews (weirdly enough) but reviews in UK news and magazines. Even with 62% and 75%, the film doesn't exactly get the "unanimous love" I was pointing out and the original poster was alluding to (but then again, what film does? but yeah, it was more a semantic point than anything...)

Edited by HGwannabe

Newspaper reviews that I've read of it vary from a 2 to a 6, with the general consensus being that it's an average film, but a dreadful adaptation.

I've read the graphic novel, and enjoyed it, haven't actually got round to seeing the movie yet.

I actually enjoyed this movie far more than anything else I've seen for the past few years (barring Walk the Line), so much so I have intentions of seeing it again.

I have not yet read the Graphic Novel, but I plan too soon.

I found it to be a really great movie. I believe it had everything a movie like that should have where it's a definitely an action movie, but has more layers than your generic Arnold saves the day movie as the main character can also be portrayed in a negative light, rather than a John Cena movie-clone.