Smackdown! VS RAW 2007

Guest Anti-Hero

seems as if the hackers have been busy. they've found several new moves that didn't make it into the game.

New Moves

here's the moves in the vid:

Randy Orton clubs to the chest

Ultimo Dragon's moves

A different animation for the necklock

Big Show cobra clutch

And a really cool armbar using the knee

I really like the new cobra clutch and the sick looking armbar.

They've also found a better animated Worlds Strongest Slam ,

here's a vid of the snapmare to splash it glitches supposedly because he's put it in the wrong slot.

I wonder what they'll dig up next

Also heres some suggestions for a Go 2 Sleep replacement : gutbuster 4 , neckbreaker 2 gutbuster 1. Personally I give him one of the urange type moves and the sleepr 5 (I think) for the vice. Ads for a ultimate control move I set it to fireman carry and give him a knee attack as a strike. I'll probably change it to the neckbreaker though.

Edited by Dochappy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I unlock the World Heavyweight Championship with the least amount of effort? I unlocked the WWE Championship ages ago, but found season mode such a chore I could never be arsed to go back for the World Heavyweight Championship. I know some characters story modes begin at different points, so who do I need to be to get it for the least work?

I think I unlocked the WWE one by being Edge and season started in a good place to unlock it soon. I'll assume the same works with Booker and the Heavyweight one, so I'll be doing that.

Guest digrind

How do I unlock the World Heavyweight Championship with the least amount of effort? I unlocked the WWE Championship ages ago, but found season mode such a chore I could never be arsed to go back for the World Heavyweight Championship. I know some characters story modes begin at different points, so who do I need to be to get it for the least work?

I think I unlocked the WWE one by being Edge and season started in a good place to unlock it soon. I'll assume the same works with Booker and the Heavyweight one, so I'll be doing that.

• 1 month later...

Holy shit.

I just played this game for the first time since I bought it, and went straight to the Create a PPV and played the One Night Stand sample where I was Orton against Kurt Angle.

Now, for the first 6 minutes or so it was just your usual boring fight, until it got to a point where I had a finisher stored. Angle then grappled me which I reversed into an RKO, but he reversed the finisher! So we stumbling around the ring fighting one another off until I suddenly gather another finisher and hit it accidentally (I didn't even mean to hit L2). Angle goes down to the RKO and I pin, and he kicks out a milisecond before 3. This is where the match starts to fucking pick up.

I complain to the referee, and while I'm doing so he sneaks up behind me. He grapples, which I reverse and punch him out-cold. I then headed to the outside and ripped the monitors out of the tables in true desperate heel fashion. Angle followed me out and I smashed his head into the table, before brawling around some more. He drags me over to the steel posts and rams my head into it repeatedly. He heads back to the ring, and when I've recovered I follow, where we fight some more, which climaxes in a sick clothesline that leads to us both out of the ring again. We fight around the outside and I clothesline him over the barricade. We again fight some more and I get back at ringside before him, so I perch on the announce table and wait for him to come in. I then leap at him with some kind of sick diving knee to the face which takes us both out. He's out on the ground and I'm rolling around the floor clutching my knee. Really realistic.

I get up just before 10 and somehow manage to break the count-out. I then pick Angle up and whip him to table I decimated earlier and throw him onto it. I then pick him up and drive us both through it. We're both out yet again. For some reason he recovers first and makes it back to the ring, and I barely do too. Once inside, we fight for a while longer. I run at him with a clothesline which he ducks, but I rebound the opposite ropes and catch him with a Crossbody just as he turns. He's out again and I signal an RKO. He gets up and runs at me, I duck him and he runs at me again. I think fast and hit an incredibly timed RKO out of nowhere which kills off my stamina. So Orton has a few moments to recouperate before I clamber over to Angle and hook his leg. Orton's look of desperation as the camera showed the pin was fucking fitting. I got the three count.

It started out as one of the most boring matches I've ever played on a Smackdown game, and turned into one of the most fun and competitive. Great stuff.

^^ Correct.

They need to fix the fucking AI on this game, it's godawful. Setting aside the suicidal elimination chamber matches, how about just doing something when a pin is being amde in a fatal four way? I was being pinned, and Carlito and some other douche were on the outside. Carlito slid into the ring at 2, stood right next to the ref, and ran by him and tried to break up the pin. There was no way he would have reached us in time, but he could easily have stomped the ref, or dragged him out the ring. Moron.

And what's with the constant whipping? I had an EC last night in which Big Show did nothing but whip me. Not one other move. I know the series has come on quite a bit, but it's got a long way still to go.

They need to:

a. Shorten the loading times. They're absolutely ridiculous at the moment, why do we have next-gen consoles if they're not using their power? I get that they're using the console to do more graphiclaly, but still, the waits are stupidly long.

b. Ditch the locker room shite. A simple menu with entries for News, Messages, Stats and Shop will do. I really don't need a ten second wait in between choosing Locker Room from the season menu, then another ten seconds while it loads up the website/magazine.

c. More options. Customise fucking everything. You want a hardcore match? In a cage? With Iron-man rules? Done. TLC, with ladder match rules rather than a hardcore match with tables, ladders and chairs already out- fine. And why not triple threat ultimate submissions or elimination matches (i.e. battle royals) where you can leave the ring, or ECs with weapons, or first blood Elimation Chambers? You get the idea? Customising wrestlers, too. Not appearance-wise, but attributes, heel/face, Raw/SD etc.

More weapons too, four under the ring? Fuck off, we've had bins, ladders, thumbtacks, stop signs and irish midgets under the apron in real life, gimme in-game too. And that goes for move finishers too.

d. Environmental damage. My scoop slam just landed on that barbed-wire two-by-four, why is he not bleeding in the back? A powerbomb that just happens to crack a head on the steel steps, that sort of thing. Or at least UCMs where you can drag a foe over to a weapon on the floor.

e. A bit of variety. No one wears the exact same gear to the ring every week. I don't see any reason why every character can't have two or three alternate costumes. I'm not asking to be able to edit the costumes (that'd be nice, but logiitcally infeasible I should think), but a bit of variety to keep the game looking fresh. And no one wrestles in a fucking suit. On a similar vibe, more or varied move animations and reversals.

f. A decent season mode. To be fair, I'd probably like '07s a lot more if it wasn't for the constant load times and utter stupidity (Kurtina anyone? Although Boogeyman Edge speaking with Daivari's voice was humorous). I've been playing through recently, just to get to the stage we were at before AD wiped his data, and I've essentially skipped every match barring the ones that mean something (trophy matches basically). It matters not whether you win or lose on RAW/SD, which should not be the case. Hell, you even earn EXP if you win a match you skip. Also, anyone should be playable in career mode, if they can't get them in for voice acting, give them text. I won't mind. Tag team careers should also be included. And titles other than the big two (at least, I don't recall having competed for any other title).

Don't get me wrong, SD's alright. Well, multiplayer it's alright. Solo, it's a fucking nightmare. But there's so much they could do to make a whole lot better. And most of it seems to be just laziness (or at least leaving reason for people to buy next year's edition). There's other things I could ask for, like a bigger roster, but in all honesty, I doubt I'd use everyone (I don't now, I can honestly say I've never been Daivari. Or Psychosis. Or Trever Murdoch). The control scheme was a good step forward, let's keep pushing for a comprehensive arcade wrestling game.

Dragy's on the money.

I played Smackdown for the little bit after I got it, for the pure new game factor. Now a days, it just sits in the case unless one day I pick it up with my friend for a bit. Solo on the game is horrible, and for some reason season mode feels extremely repetitive. I seem to have liked pretty much every story mode from older games more than this one, and the locker room bullshit is just that. I really hope they improve with '08, but no doubt either way I'll end up buying it.

8 would be great, but I say get rid of the status bars, and instead have a little semi-transparent circle-shaped line above the players head (like the arrows are to view your oppenent), that fills up and glows/flashes when you have your special. Maybe add a couple semi-transparent circles around the line for stored specials.

Personally, I'd like to see meters disappear entirely. It's such an old school video game cliche that is no longer needed when graphics look this good. You want to know the limb damage? People should limp if their leg is hurt, arms should dangle low, or they should hold their head or abdomen if that is injured. You should also be able to go for your special at any time like in Fire Pro, there's just a highly unlikely chance you'll hit it while someone is fresh.

These are really the kind of presentation issues THQ should have Yukes working on instead of moves like ladder Boston Crabs or chokeslamming your opponent off the cell when these things rarely happen.

Edited by Zero

8 would be great, but I say get rid of the status bars, and instead have a little semi-transparent circle-shaped line above the players head (like the arrows are to view your oppenent), that fills up and glows/flashes when you have your special. Maybe add a couple semi-transparent circles around the line for stored specials.
Edited by Dragsy 7-0

Personally, I'd like to see meters disappear entirely. It's such an old school video game cliche that is no longer needed when graphics look this good. You want to know the limb damage? People should limp if their leg is hurt, arms should dangle low, or they should hold their head or abdomen if that is injured. You should also be able to go for your special at any time like in Fire Pro, there's just a highly unlikely chance you'll hit it while someone is fresh.