"Emo" is the way forward.

Summers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the more traditional, loud guitars and pissy lyrics side of emo I've always been a big fan of FFAF, as well as Hundred Reasons, Biffy Clyro, Jimmy Eat World, Alkaline Trio, Hell is for Heroes, Rise Against and Strung Out. All of them are just really energetic, and when I've seen guys like FFAF, HR, Rise Against and Alk3 live I've found them to be so much fun to listen to.

Edited by YI

Um, I guess I'll say Acceptance - if they count?

I love Hawthorne Heights and lots of general emo bans (not MCR tho :P).

Meh, Underoath too I like. I know loads, but I can't remember them - I'm sort of a more punk crusade right now :P

Ohh my... let me think here, I enjoy the works of:

Fall Out Boy

Brand New

Taking Back Sunday

Jimmy Eat World

Something Corporate

Motion City Soundtrack

Saves The Day

Say Anything

Panic! At The Disco

Are what I can think of off the top of my head, when I'm home however I'll make the list bigger as I know there have to be a few more that I am missing.

Whoever called the Bronx emo deserves to fucking die.

Some kid at school said they sounded like your "basic ballsy emo band", I wanted to hit him too.

Who mentioned Reuben? I saw them supporting Fightstar not too long ago.. they were immense.

Reuben are probably my favourite band of all time ever, and yes; they are immense. But Fightstar are awesome too.

I failed in so far as me not bringing back one of my old Kerrang!'s I left at work. It had the top 25 emo anthems or something, and it had a song each from 25 bands. Some were the obvious choices such as JEW, Hawthorne Heights, Finch, The Used, Co&Ca and others, but there probably would be some you could check out. I'll remember it tomorrow hopefully.

I'm just starting to get into the Get Up Kids after I got hold of Something To Write Home About. Juliana Theory are a bit mopey from what I've been told/heard, though I've only actually heard one song.

Emo-y type stuff I'm listening to at the moment, with a couple of recommended songs in brackets. I'll try and keep it more recent:

A Change Of Pace (Asleep At The Wheel, Known One Knows)

The Academy Is (Attention, Slow Down)

From First To Last (The Crows Are Coming For Us, Heroine)

Hawthorne Heights (Where Can I Stab Myself In The Ears, We Are So Last Year)

Receiving End Of Sirens (Planning A Prison Break, Flee The Factory)

Scary Kids Scaring Kids (Faith In The Knife, My Darkest Hour)

Taking Back Sunday (Twenty-Twenty Surgery, Liar (It Takes One To Know One))

yourcodenameis:milo (Schteeve, I Am Connecting Flight)

I'm unsure about the new TBS album, sounds different somehow, and I'm not sure in a good way. Did they get a new vocalist or something?

There's a local band called Through Silence that have a hint of emo to them, I can send you a couple of tehir tracks if you want.

Edited by Dragsy Twenty Seven

I'm just starting to get into the Get Up Kids after I got hold of Something To Write Home About. Juliana Theory are a bit mopey from what I've been told/heard, though I've only actually heard one song.