Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

Bumping up an old topic, but...

Tomorrow, I'm entering into a tournament being held at my college. The prize is, apparently, gift cards for food and whatnot, which will help immensely at the moment. Now, I've gotten a lot better at Brawl as of late (a few times there've been people playing at my college, and I'll join in and just choose "Random" as my character selection and still manage to win almost every time) so I'm confident that I'll at least do well.

Still, wish me luck. I've not yet decided who I'll play as during the tournament, but I've already decided a few characters I *won't* be playing as, so yeah.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the WORST luck of the draw ever in that tournament, ugh >_<

Three stocks, all matches on battlefield, no items. Okay, that's fine. I WANTED to just choose random all the time but I had to use one character only so I figured I'd just roll with Game & Watch and see how I do. I figured I wouldn't win, but I wanted to make it to the finals to face this one guy who's really good with Marth, because he challenged me the best out of everyone I faced while I was practicing.

Brackets are drawn... I face the guy in the first goddamn round. So yeah, he beat me. Good news was he then went on to place second, losing to the guy who was running the tournament in the finals, which was a three-way match. The finals was Ike (played by tournament holder) vs. Marth (played by the guy) vs. Snake (played by some other guy).

There were some AWESOME moments in the tournament though. One guy who was playing Ganondorf looked like he was gonna eliminate the tournament holder during the match, but the tournament holder turned things around and came from behind to gain an advantage for awhile. Finally, right when the Ganondorf guy looks ready to get destroyed, and Ike still has two lives left... he starts to make his recovery to the stage.

Ike leaps out to try and meteor smash him, and the Ganondorf guy does the flame choke in midair and just drags Ike down under the stage with him, so at least he could have the pride in knowing he took Ike down to his last life.

All in all, the tournament was awesome. It's just unfortunate, I would have loved being able to put my selection to "Random", as I seem to do better not knowing who my character is, then going into a match knowing what I'll have to do with a certain character.

• 2 months later...

I'm good with most of the characters thanks to my Random selection, some I still need work with... but, apparently, I'm a bitch with Olimar.

Olimar is awesome. His Final Smash is one of the best in the game, if not the best, and he can actually hit pretty hard.

I'm pretty good with most characters, but I'm ass with Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Sheik, and probably one or two others.

I love Dedede though, as my new signature shows. What's everyone's favourite character in Brawl?

Edited by DoubleX

Olimar is awesome. His Final Smash is one of the best in the game, if not the best, and he can actually hit pretty hard.

I'm pretty good with most characters, but I'm ass with Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Sheik, and probably one or two others.

I love Dedede though, as my new signature shows. What's everyone's favourite character in Brawl?

Sheik, Kirby, Toon Link, Link and Bowser are my favourites.

Going to an anime convention this weekend, there will be a Smash tourny. Problem is, I have no idea who I want to use....Dedede? Jiggly? PKTR? Rawr, I haven't played the game in a few months, and I'm going to get my ass handed to me.

Edited by Ruki

Played in the tourny this weekend, got the to second round using Dedede. In the first round I beat........................my girlfriend, who was Pit. Final Destination, no items. I owned her at first, but it almost went to sudden death, killed her with seconds left. Next round, no items, but the person selected Random instead of SD, got the lava level, can't remember what it's called. I took the lead early on, but it ended up going to SD, where I lost.

• 1 month later...

I play it as much as I can but the broken AI in multiplayer when you face the CPU is so hilariously bad that it infuriates me. Seriously, Melee's AI was perfect, they actually fought in a free for all. In Brawl, it's "let's gang up on the human" instead and you can barely get any fun out of it when they're all level 9 and you can't knock them back away from you for any breathing room before one of them is right back on you.

Seriously, Nintendo needs to utilize some sort of downloadable content for Smash so that we can download a fix for the game's fucking terrible AI.

Other then that, I still love the game, but Jesus Christ.