Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

I AGREE! I MISS MY NINJA-PUFF!!! :crying:

But yes, when people block/dodge the rollout, and it comes back at them, it's like the greatest moment ever. Sadly, my friends have gotten used to it. So I tend to catch them with it when they are busy withother people...or I use it as a way to get back onto the stage with force after being smashed away.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AGREE! I MISS MY NINJA-PUFF!!! :crying:

But yes, when people block/dodge the rollout, and it comes back at them, it's like the greatest moment ever. Sadly, my friends have gotten used to it. So I tend to catch them with it when they are busy withother people...or I use it as a way to get back onto the stage with force after being smashed away.

You shouldn't use it for that... not unless you have someone in your sights and you know you can nail them. Jiggly can cover an entire stage's width with her jump+side b attack. Say you get thrown to the right side of a large map. Puff up once, left b, puff up again, left b, puff up again, left b, etc., and you'll reach the stage in no time.

Seriously, no-one has as much horizontal recovery in the whole game as Jiggly does, it's ridiculous.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

I know about that way, it's just fun to be a Jiggly-Missle.

Edit: Also...reading the GameFaqs forum....wow.....every topic can be summed up in about three lines.

-That is noobish/cheap!

- X is a top/bottom tier character!

-This is why the game sucks

...it makes my brain hurt. Why do I read it?

Edited by Ruki

I briefly went over to Gamefaqs to find out how to do this one challenge I didn't quite understand, and the sheer stupidity and eliteness of the place is brain shattering. And the number of topics I saw where people were just asking innocent questions or just curious about things were instantly met with outright snobbery and dick headedness. Well, it is Gamefaqs after all.

We beat Subspace emissary a couple days ago, and fuck the last boss. That one super move the fucker does is nigh impossible to time the dodge right. 3 times in a row no less. Had to drop it from very hard to normal to beat him.

Some of this game's challenges are outright cruel. Namely the all star intense one. Either that's going to take a lot of effort, super quick reflexes and no errors, or a whole shitload of coins in continues. It's always the damn Pokemon that screw me over... Lucario, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Charizard and Ivysaur pretty much all at once? Why? That's just mean...

I just had to buy a Wii for this. And since I've gotten it, I haven't put it down. Smash Brawl is just amazing.

But on the topics of challenges, yeah, a lot of these challenges are really tough. I'm doing good with most of them, but beating All Star mode on Intense will defnitely be tough. I also can't seem to think of a way to beat Target Test Level 3 in under 20 seconds either.

But yes, just an amazing game. I can't get enough.

EDIT: Of course, five minutes after I say that, I find a way to beat Target Test 3 in under 20.

Edited by Red Devil-Taker316

I finally got to play this at a friend's house and it's incredible. Metaknight is pure awesome. Snake's moves are bit awkward at first, but he's real fun. Especially bombarding opponents with grenades.

Fuck his little brother for knocking down the console and fucking up the game.

Edited by estebanmon

This game is just pure awesomeness, and I just can't get enough of Pit, easily my favorite character. Online is so-so, but glad its there. I still have jiggly, Wind Waker Link and that other fox bad guy to unlock. So addicting.

I've gotten a hang for a lot of the characters... but I must say, I've fallen in love with Sheik all over again. Seriously, such a kick ass character.

Metaknight's still a favorite, love Mario and Sonic, Snake's great too. DeDeDe is just awesome for a big guy, Luigi's brutal if you can get it down right, and hell, even the Ice Climbers are freakin' fun to play as. Still love Samus too, and Zero Suit is a breath of fresh air to the gameplay of the character. I have yet to find a single character I haven't had fun playing as, honestly.

My general top four chosen lineup:

Metaknight, Zelda/Sheik, Samus, Snake.

Current Top Four: Bowser, Marth, Wolf, DeDeDe

Luigi (his damage soak, especially for his size, is incredible) and Meta Knight are both favorites too, and Ganondorf is fun to play from time to time.

Norro....I notice a lack of Jigglypuff....what the hell?!

I break Jiggly, R.O.B. and Game & Watch out when I'm already dominating and want to lace a little extra pain in there for my opponents :P

Ganon's great but dear GOD is he ever slow. I'm *still* trying to get used to his weight, he feels even heavier then Bowser.

And I like Sonic... he takes some getting used to, but I've found him to be quite a lot of fun now that I *am* used to him.

Oh wait, R.O.B. I forgot entirely about him, he's probably my fourth. And yeah, Ganondorf is really the ultimate lumbering fatass. You'd think it would be Bowser, but he can be deceptively quick if you know how to play him and you can actually jump and maneuver in the air with him. Ganondorf is like a lead weight, conversely.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

I usually play with Wolf, Toon Link, Snake and the Kirby man.

Generally, I don't lose as Wolf unless it's my own stupidity. Thusly I've cut back on even bothering with him since it's borderline not fun anymore.

Toon Link is Link but better in all ways. Little bugger can go. Snake is fun once you get a handle on how to use him properly. Kirby is just one of my favourite characters since the first, and since he's gotten a nice little boost he's quite great.

Despite seemingly everyone loving the guy, and I can admit I know he's a good character, I utterly suck as Meta Knight.

Although I've been slacking off playing Smash Bros. because of all the other games that have come out... I fear I won't play much of it until July... What with Crisis Core in my PSP, then GTA IV and MGS IV... Bah.

Okay, had to buy a Freeloader and Brawl. Me and Benji are playing SSE and

have just gotten past Bowser destroying Dedede's place.

EDIT: Okay, now we've just started actual Subspace and have collected all the trophies from the first level as far as I know.

Also my friend code is 2492-4173-6992

Edited by Geeky J