Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

Alright, gotta take a break for now. It was fun, Norro! You ALMOST got me in the Meta-Knight duel; his Final Smash really... isn't the best for laggy wi-fi battles.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaand GoGo beats me with Metaknight. Damn.

Yeah, the lagginess was really wearing me down, my attacks were taking awhile to go through. Pretty unfortunate.

Next time we'll try and play on less intricate maps :P

But yeah, great battles! You really kicked my ass big time.

It might have partially been my wifi's fault; it's kind of sucky. Anyway, you used Meta's specials way more effectively than I could (I'm still laughing at the point where I almost killed MYSELF with his up+B), I've just got reflexes from playing against really good people from my old high school.

Anyone up for playing around 9 EST?

Just come online if you are

I might take a bit of a break during my working to do so then :)

DoubleX: I'm mostly just upset that they didn't keep Mewtwo in AND bring in Lucario. Lucario is an excellent addition to the game, but I did love Mewtwo as well... definitely wanted to see him make it back in. Ah well though.

And GoGo: Yeah, I was cracking up during that whole level. If it was Melee, we'd have both died several times over from all those times we fell in the water :P

Sweet Jesus, who's Mike? Soon as you joined I got lag spewing out of my ass o_O

Where do you live? That might be why, though I don't see why it would... Duin's from Canada and he played fine last night.

Had to jet, sorry about that Tywon but I gotta get some work done :P

I'm on right now, but it won't be for long (I'm talking like a ten minute window here) so if you want a match, come quick.

EDIT: Aaaand window closed (yes, sooner than I expected). Back later tonight.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

So I decide not to bring my Wii up with me to Tampa while I'm here this week for finals. Figure Brawl would distract me from my schoolwork.

I get up to school, I do all my work, and at the end of the night I need to move to the fourth floor of my school building because they're closing my floor down. Fair enough. I head up there, and lo and behold, there are people playing Brawl on the fourth floor in the animation room. I cannot escape this game, and I do not want to.

So I played like three matches before finally reminding myself I have a flash website to finish tonight. First match I played as my usual gay-colored Metaknight, and I lost terribly on Brinstar while I was trying to warm up. So we get to the second match, it's Final Destination and I choose Jigglypuff. I destroyed them, it was incredible fun. Every match was a 5-stock match and I won with one life left with Jiggly, but only at like 20-something percent damage.

Last match I played was on the Bridge of Eldin as a light blue Mr. Game & Watch and, once again, I destroyed them. ALMOST won with two lives, but wound up catching the end of Link's sword while coming down overtop of him to knock him out. I pulled out the win though, was quite glorious.

But yeah... pity I lost with Metaknight, I still have to get used to his controls. Actually self-killed myself twice-- once off-screen as I could have easily made it back to the stage if I took my time, but I was in a rush and tried his Up-B recovery move which causes him to backflip in midair, and the backflip sent me off the screen. The second time I did his twister attack and missed the edge of the stage, plummeting to my death :P

Jigglypuff is awesome on Final Destination...rollout=win. Also, if you're fighting bigger characters, Rest is easy. Also....Final Smash at one of the edges when people are over there=evil.

You would have been proud of me Ruki, I was using rollout at any open spot I had. I mean obviously I was using plenty of different attacks (went the whole match without using rest but once, when I missed it, but took no damage as everyone wound up moving the fight away from me BECAUSE I tried to use rest)... caught one guy with Jiggly's singing and then just floored him with a side smash. One of my favorite moments WAS a rollout moment though-- I faked out one guy when he dodged my rollout and I made Jiggly pivot back around. He was busy parrying a shot from one of the guys on the other side of him, and wound up unable to dodge Jiggly's oncoming wrath :devil:

I miss Ryu Jigglypuff though... where is my headband and why have you taken it from me, Sakurai? :(

Edited by The Mask of Norro