Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

Bitch, I'ma cut you with Metaknight :P

Anyone else catch the videos someone put up on Youtube of the hacks to Brawl? They swapped character movesets and this alone wound up creating horrifying new characters for the game. Needless to say, these are now quickly spreading across the internet :P

Here's some art someone did of the three most fucked up modifications that came out:

The videos of the hacks themselves are pretty creepy too D:

Edited by The Mask of Norro

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's part 2, featuring Midget Mario and Lanky Sleepwalking Sonic

And part 3 featuring a fucked up Peach that reminds me of that creepy dancing transexual midget

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iuLHui7omLQ&...feature=related

Some observations...

My god, Meta Knight is a beast

Wow, whats up with the big Samus slow down, she moves barely faster than Bowser now

Fuck Marth and the Fire Emblem stage, which starts out ridiculously small, and when you're trying to beat Marth to unlock him, its annoying as all hell, especially when he gets a final smash ball 5 seconds into the match.

Lucas has gained acceptance with me and while I'll still always use Ness before him, he's a solid addition and not too bad of a clone.

King DeDeDe and Wario have been good to me so far, but Wario's final smash is pretty easy to get away from, especially with any character that can float or fly.

Pit, I want to be really good with, but so far I'm just not, same with Olimar, who I need to do some more reading about, as I had no idea what all the Pikmin do.

Subspace Emissary so far has been awesome, its just such a nice addition.

I hate scrolling stages, Rumble Falls or whatever its called, isn't too bad, but it still just turns into a race against the screen.

I still hate Fox.

I've only unlocked Ness and Marth so far, and thats just from doing a bunch of Team Vs. Matches with my sister.

I'm pissed I left my cube controller at school, Wiimote and Nunchuck work, but I can tell I won't ever get really good using them. I have to shake the Wiimote to do smash attacks and I had to switch B and A and make Z grab, ugh.

And finally fuck FYE and their douchebag manager for lying to my face and telling me last night that I'd be able to come in when they opened today and buy a copy and didn't need to worry that I didn't preorder it. I go over there this morning and find a sign on the door that says you can't buy it unless you preordered it. Thankfully, Wal Mart had plenty of copies.

Oh and lets get some friend codes up. Can anyone play tonight around 10 EST?

Edited by Maxx and Associated Lint

After three hours of playing, I've unlocked Snake, Luigi, Ness, Marth, 75mm, and Luigi's Mansion, all through the VS. mode.

Here's my friend code: 0258 - 9959 - 8617

Since I have no Gamecube controller, I'm using the Wiimote + Nunchuck. It took some time to get used to it, especially for jumping , but I love the Shake for Smash controls. You can't charge the Smash attacks, but it's still very effective.

My friend code is:

3737-9203-4184

I should get listed under Mike, but I'll probably remedy that to read Maxx in a few minutes.

So who's going to compile all these codes and constantly update it? I vote Norro

Picked it up a couple of hours ago. So far I'm quite impressed. Had to track down batteries for our second Wiimote since our rechargables seem dead.

Played a couple of random vs. stuff and then tried out the Subspace Emissary thing. It's quite fun, and I'm almost sad to say it's the best "story" Nintendo's done. Been trying to test out the various different things. Haven't even seen much of anything. My girlfriend's presently trying out the stage building thing, which looks amusing enough. The new Metal Gear Solid 4 song is rather excellent.

Getting a handle on the Wiimote + Nunchuk will take getting used to, but I can't place with wired controllers anymore, they irk me. And why do you have to wag the Wiimote to pull off a smash? Just press over and attack at the same time, just like always.

My friend code is 0087-1979-6344 with WEN being my name/initials/whatever.

I'm a C Stick-er, hence why I need my one button or in this case one motion smash attacks or I'm much less competitive. I'm getting the waggle smash down now, but I'm going back to a Cube controller as soon as I go back to school.

Just like C-Stick Smash, Waggle Smash is a guaranteed Smash Attack. I prefer Waggle Smash because the Classic Control sucks; my fingers never leave the attack, grab, and special buttons with Waggle, they do when reaching for the right joy stick.

I'll add you to my friends list tonight, Vilge Duin

Pressing the direction and hitting the attack is a guaranteed smash for me, so it makes no difference. I just despise waggle shit. Just preference obviously for people.

I also added the two of you as friends. Should actually be ~S&W~ after I realized you can only have one name per console/game.

I'm not too impressed with the online right now. Tried starting a random brawl and sat around for ten minutes beating the sandbag to death. Then tried being a spectator mode and got an error at the beginning of the match. The betting idea seems interesting at least, but considering you're just literally banking on a character and nothing else... eh...

Played a lot of Subspace Emissary for about 4 hours, and we're only 42% done. I like the very basic idea of it and such, but as I've seen reviews say it can get dull. And I'm more pissed off with the incredible cheapness of some of the deaths you can have, but no biggy.

But the buggers teased Snake in a box and we've yet to get another glimpse or even encountered him. Hope he of all the characters has dialogue though, but likely not.

Woke up at about 8 this morning, then we left and went to Wal-Mart to pick up the game. About 9:30 we get back, do a 4-man brawl first....I select Pokemon Trainer, and enjoy him muchly. After that, we do a bunch of Subspace, and then the 8 Co-op Events (is that all there is?). Some more random brawls, then Subspace. Got up to about 43% and such. I figure he'll finish it off without me, bah.

Dedede? Awesome. I loved using him. Huge fucking hammer for the win.

Pokemon Trainer? Squirtle is all around awesome, Ivysaure is a cheap juggler, and Char? Indifferent towards him. I enjoy using the Trainer.

Metaknight? I likes him.

Tis a good game all around, should keep me entertained for a bit when I'm over at their place.

I want this game just for the unlockable music.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rJBeVsf5cyQ

*robots*

The Luigi's Mansion remake is fucking awesome too. :D

Holy fucking shit: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtLbFST0P0 :D I'm marking out...if that's possible outside of wrestling.

Edited by Boss Hog