Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

I love that everyone is creaming over this game (as am I, so don't think I'm trying to offend.)

But what if this turns into another Duke Nukem Forever? :shifty:

Edit: Also, apparently Ness and Jigglypuff are in the game. http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/21/nintendo...lypuff-for-bra/

Edited by CeLLebrity Island

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...I'm ever so slightly worried that in every video so far, Sonic looks to be absolutely shite in this game. Seriously, he looks like he never does any damage, and his move looks...bleh. Pokemon Trainer looks good, and that final smash (where all 3 Poke team up) and Samus' look like they're awesomeness in every way.

But yeah, Subspace looks awesome, if just for the Rayquaza and Petey boss battles...and Delfino Plaza stage looks class too. This game is just gonna be awesome in every way, essentially.

Today's update from the official site is called, Masterpieces. The following text is taken from the site:

Well, what do we have here...

*image of Super Mario Bros.*

Yes, that’s Super Mario Bros.

Several memorable characters compete for brawl supremacy—that’s Super Smash Brothers Brawl in a nutshell.

But what about the past fights for each of those characters? What were they like?

It may sound impossible, but you can experience those battles in Brawl as well!

That’s right, for the first time ever, you can play trial versions of these games by the miracle of Virtual Console!

That’s what Masterpieces is! Here you can relive the greatest battles of the biggest star characters through demo versions of their games.

Here are some of the titles you can expect to see available in Brawl. Crazy, isn’t it?!

Ice Climber

(1985, NES)

Super Mario Bros.

(1985, NES)

The Legend of Zelda

(1987, NES)

Kid Icarus

(1987, NES)

Kirby’s Adventure

(1993, NES)

Super Metroid

(1994,Super NES)

Star Fox 64

(1997, Nintendo 64)

Whoaaa. Makes my head spin just seeing all those. You won’t need to be connected with Nintendo WFC to play these games.

Just remember, there are some NES classics in there as demos, so expect some of the time limits on those games to be so short that all you can do is laugh at how hard they are.

I’m almost...to the top!

Ahaha! Oh man, out of time already?!

That’s what a good demo is all about. It gives you just enough to let you appreciate the game. Plus it’s a lot of fun to see just how far you can go before the little time that you have runs out.

If you take a liking to one of the trial versions, you can always buy the full game through the Shop Channel! You might even find a couple titles that divert your attention from Brawl for a while.

Some titles come with save data.

But hmm, it seems there are still titles hiding in the Masterpieces section.

Titles?! What games don’t I know about?! That discovery is part of the fun, isn’t it?

Masterpieces are called masterpieces for good reason, and each of the well loved characters here come from a past that is worthy of that title.

To end, I’d like to take this opportunity to send my thanks to all the game creators and affiliated parties who helped in making this possible

Here's some new footage from the Japanese demo.

Heres some more news from the latest Famitsu that confirms that the starting roster will be the 23 shown on the DOJO site (Snake and Sonic need to be unlocked).

# Final Destination is now 100% completely confirmed.

# Wall Clinging is confirmed.

# Mario can be KO'd at 17% by a fully charged side smash from King Dedede. So from the characters we know, Dedede's fully charged Side Smash is the most powerful move in the game.

# The Pokemon Trainer's pokemon all get fatigued at about 2 minutes, even if you dont move them. They all show visible signs of fatigue: Charizard lowers his head and wings. Squirtle drops his front hands to the ground. Ivysaur's bulb withers.

# The Fanmitsu magazine confirms the starting roster is the 23 characters on the Dojo. (minus Snake and Sonic, and including Zero Suit Samus and Sheik)

# Once fatigued, a Pokemon becomes much slower.

# If you do an aerial dodoge the precise moment before you are hit by an opponent, it will reverse the attack.

# The game allows you to access the rules menu directly from the character select screen.

# When Sheik attacks with certain items such as the Star Rod and Beam Sword, she swings upward twice with a single motion.

# The damage percentages were determined in training mode against a dummy CP and do not take DI in to account.

# Wario's bite can swallow and destroy items and projectiles thrown at him. Everytime he does this, he takes 6% damage.

# The magazine makes no mention of being able to start as Zero Suit Samus at the start of a match.

Edited by abundant

supersecretphoto.jpg

Ha. VGCats keeps them coming with Smash Bros. goodness, it seems.

Oh man, that's right, didn't it get released in Japan this month? We should be getting plenty of information online soon enough.