Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played very little of Melee and what I've seen of Brawl looks fantastic, but yeah...I haven't the slightest idea what happened in those videos abundant posted. I don't even begin to comprehend what happened >_>

Ok...that final smash looks weird.

KILLING LIGHT OF ACID TRIP. Y-yeah. That is fabulously bizarre.

Also, it's nice to see that they've added a NEW level of rape to Brinstar. Hooboy.

More News!

- You CAN NOT play custom stages online

- To play as Zero Suite Samus from the start, hold down the shield button (R on GC and Classic controller, - on Wiimote, Z on Nunchuck) when picking Samus.

- Ness's FS has some homing capabilities, where as Lucas' doesn't

- Complete Classic Mode to unlock Captain Falcon

- Play 5 Vs. bouts to unlock Ness

Edited by abundant

No offence, but there's not deep skill in using Kirby, he's the cheapest character around, however, that doesn't mean he isn't also the most awesome one I use half the time too :shifty:

I generally tend to favor Pikachu since he's about the right size for a good bid of dodging and weaving, in this gen I think it'll likely be Metaknight from what I've seen, him, Sonic, Pikachu and Kirby alongside MAYBE the Pokémon Trainer will be my 'big players' so to speak.

So Wolf is the last character? Really?

Gah, it just feels like there's still more. I mean, would that even be possible? I guess I'm holding out hope for more even though there probably won't be :(

Was really hoping for Knuckles or Tails... you can bet since Sonic's in there, Shadow's in there as a color difference, so at least there's that, but still.

Ah well, still love how it all looks... really can't wait to pick this game up when it comes out.

No offence, but there's not deep skill in using Kirby, he's the cheapest character around, however, that doesn't mean he isn't also the most awesome one I use half the time too :shifty:

I generally tend to favor Pikachu since he's about the right size for a good bid of dodging and weaving, in this gen I think it'll likely be Metaknight from what I've seen, him, Sonic, Pikachu and Kirby alongside MAYBE the Pokémon Trainer will be my 'big players' so to speak.

None taken. I am shit at the game if I am not Kirby. Like REALLY bad.

BRAWL will be the first time I actually 'emerse' myself in the game.

Was really hoping for Knuckles or Tails... you can bet since Sonic's in there

Sonics bad enough. >.

Edited by LUKIE

I will most definitely be giving Lucario a try once he's unlocked, and I'm also curious as to how ROB will play, so I wouldn't mind giving him a try either. Also Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle specifically) looks pretty cool, so there's also him.

Oh, and Mario. I've always been pretty good as Mario.

Do we know much about the Pokemon Trainer?

If you select him, are you able to choose which of the (three?) Pokemon you want to utilise, or do you utilise all (three?) ?

You start the battle with Ivysaur out I believe. Hitting Down-B switches to the next Pokemon, which I think goes Ivysaur-Charizard-Squirtle.

EDIT: Oh hang on, just checked the Dojo and it says you can choose which Pokemon to start with if you're Pokemon Trainer.

Edited by DoubleX

Was that leaked game a final copy? Wasn't it partially completed?

What leaked game? The list that was given about two weeks ago came from people who had inside sources. There are no more characters.

From what I'd heard there was a lot of stuff leaked from a game someone had, that's how Serebii.net reported it IIRC.

The order goes like this: Squirtle - Ivysaur - Charizard. vB changes the Pokemon and when you get knocked out, you come back as the next pokemon in line, so if you get knocked out as Squirtle, you'll come back as Ivysaur. Each pokemon has stamina that last 2 minutes. When their stamina runs out, they begin to move sluggish, so you need to keep a good rotation going in order to be good with PT.

Here's a few videos of the Pokemon Trainer in action: