Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

Jigglypuff is quite awesome. She's just the absurd little cute character that has no purpose. I despise Yoshi and can't stand him, but wouldn't want him removed. I'm against anyone being removed. They could easily all fit in the game if they tried.

I actually wish more villains would have been added. King K.Rool, Ridley and at least an extra 3rd party character (primarily Megaman because he's like... perfect for Smash Bros.).

One nice touch I noticed, with All Star Mode, was the fights were chronological to series. Game & Watch, Mario, DK, and so on. But it really made me notice the disparity in mascot creation. Almost every character in the game comes from 1993 or before. Only a handful are recent, with Olimar being from a game that was released in 2001. Seriously... in 6 and a half years Nintendo hasn't created a single new character worthy of being in the game? I'm deliberately ignoring Lucario as he's just a Pokemon, any of which could be in his place, one of which as mentioned by others should be. Seriously, barring those two (Olimar and Lucario) every single character is from 1996 or before (well Wolf in 1997). Just makes me wonder why Nintendo doesn't seem to bother anymore.

And Norris, I have unlocked the extra stuff (what there is at least) for the stage creator. It's just very limited. Most things I want to use are useless by Nintendo's odd restrictions. Namely the structures. That spacing around them makes them rather unweildy. I'd love to stack some columns on top of each other for instance, but can't, due to the extreme restrictions. And only having 3 themes is dull. They could have easily allowed access to the in game stage resources or at least the Subspace Emissary stuff. And more features! The more the better. I love the whole moving platform, falling bricks, etc. But... I want lava. Why can't I have it? Sure, you get spikes, but I want some variety. Of which, every mode in the game has tonnes of it, except the stage creator. Like for instance, why can't I invert anything? The one moment that crushed my hopes for the mode was the instance I tried to flip a spring upside down and couldn't. I then tried flipping other stuff but nothing can be turned upside down. Yet, there's the arrows that seem to indicate you can, but obviously you can't.

It just seems haphazard and slap dash. I've actually made a few levels out of the limitations that I think are quite fun and unique, but I don't see myself doing much with it in the long run due to lack of variety.

Despite all the time in development, a fair few parts feel underdeveloped. If only a bit slightly rushed. It's still an awesome immense game, but certain aspects are lacking.

And after having more time with the game and all of the characters, the only one I truly don't like is R.O.B. From a in game and out of game stand by. You remove Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo and Dr. Mario and put him in? Why? He's not even from a game.

Speaking of Dr. Mario... Wario makes it woefully obvious that the game would benefit greatly from different costumes, as does Zero Suit Samus. I think it would be awesome to play as Paper Bowser for instance. Or have Shadow be an alternate for Sonic. How about pig style Ganon? Tetra as a Zelda substitute? Since they're not that different, stick Fox, Falco and Wolf as alternate costumes (the supreme laziness of their final smashes makes it easy). Snake could have had an old school style outfit reminiscent of the first Metal Gear. Toss in Louie as an Olimar skin. How about Blood Falcon for Captain Falcon? Sure, not everyone could have a costume or variety, but why not? We don't really need Lucas, just make him a skin of Ness. Would have added some variety.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say I make a very thin stage, pretty much a tunnel, what happens if I use Puff's FS?

I'm bored, so here is a diagram!

x= Jiggly

_____x_______|

what the hell happens in that situation? I demand someone find out for me.

As far as I can tell, both people have to add each other. For instance, I could add Zero and know when he's online, but if he doesn't add me, he won't ever know when I'm on. At least thats what it looks like to me.

I'll get my number up tonight guys... we should try and organize a little mini-tournament some time, set up a date and who'll be playing as which characters for the tournament, what stages/items we should have, etc.

Also, no "NO ITEMS, FALCO ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION" crap >_>

Edited by The Mask of Norro

So to those of you complaining about Jiggly's final smash... you can stop now. Holy FUCK.

When Jiggly screams at the end of it all, you can actually send everyone within a close radius of the giant puffball flying. Seriously, I was playing training mode earlier as her, and the little thing just fucks shit up with her final smash. It is all kinds of awesome, doesn't matter what you are too, if you get caught close to Jiggly, you get thrown the hell away.

Wasn't as useless as I thought it was after-all.

Is there any word on whether or not North American players will be able to play with Europeans once they get the game? It would be a total bummer if we never get to play with half of EWB. And more people need this game now, I can't wait to play online.

Is there any word on whether or not North American players will be able to play with Europeans once they get the game? It would be a total bummer if we never get to play with half of EWB. And more people need this game now, I can't wait to play online.

I'm assuming yes, they can, but that it would be very, very laggy. The connection just isn't that powerful to sustain it all too well I think, but I'm not 100% on that so yeah.

Seems like lag is dependent on the stage. My friends from across the state and I were playing last night using only Battlefield, and the Melee stages and we were pretty much lag free. When we played before and used bigger stages, or ones that had alot of stuff going on in the background, thats when it would lag.

Of course the state we're playing across is Rhode Island, so maybe that has something to do with it.