Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

See, if there were any Phoenix Wright character I'd want in the game, it'd probably be Franziska. She already has a weapon that could be translated into the game's powerset easily, after all.

Yes, but if you're going to put a Phoenix Wright character in, it'd have to be Phoenix himself. It'd make no sense to put Franziska in and NOT have Phoenix.

I'd rather they both be in but hey.

Seriously though, just imagine Phoenix's final smash... oh God, the gloriousness.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Dedede is going to be one of the most hated characters in Brawl, because his forward B not only unleashes a waddle dee or a waddle doo or a gordo, sometimes he can throw a capsule the contains an item or even a smashball, even if they're turned off.

To make this post meaningful; since we're 9 days from release, should we start gathering friend codes in this thread?

Triple D throws a capsule at the beginning of the match.

Edited by abundant

See, if there were any Phoenix Wright character I'd want in the game, it'd probably be Franziska. She already has a weapon that could be translated into the game's powerset easily, after all.

Yes, but if you're going to put a Phoenix Wright character in, it'd have to be Phoenix himself. It'd make no sense to put Franziska in and NOT have Phoenix.

I'd rather they both be in but hey.

Seriously though, just imagine Phoenix's final smash... oh God, the gloriousness.

So, the game is out on Sunday (in NA anyways). My buddies already have a plan....wake at 9, get in line, get game at 11, and then have two games of Subspace going at the same time. 2 people on one, two on the other. Good for me because I don't have to pay for the game, and I get breakfast bought for me.

My plan for it has gone to shit.

I had it preordered at a gamestop up at school, but completely forgot I was coming home for spring break this week. Now I've got no way to get up there for a week, so I have to try and preorder it somewhere around here. Oh well, I guess I can move the money I have on it over to GTA or something

Leaving Sunday morning to get up to Tampa to make it to the GameStop I preordered it at to wait in line to get the game to go home and play it like I've never played it before.

Argh. Found the game at Movie Gallery today. They had about 20 of them. Took it up to the desk and the guy says he just put them on the shelf. Then he says that the computer says it comes out on Mar. 9 and it can't allow it to be checked out.

After attempting to talk the guy into taking some money under the table, my attempts failed. I guess I just have to play by the rules and buy it tomorrow. :angry:

And Boss Hog, yeah, it works online. But some people said the match details were strange. Idk, you should ask someone who already has it.

Edited by Raven52

Brawl is online, but in order to have a good time online you'll need to play "With Friends", which can be done by exchanging friend codes (You'll find your code once you go into the Wi-Fi options found inside the game). "Play With Friends" allows you to make your own custom games (rules, items, stages).

"Play With Anyone" is extremely limited; you can only play a 3 minute timed FFA, and what's even more idiotic, you'll never know who you're playing against and you can't communicate with them via the message system in Brawl. So if you play against someone who you feel is good and would like to play against them some other time, you'd never have the chance to do it. Once you or he quits the game, that's it.

Christ I'm excited... this is going to be great.

My tire got a flat tonight so I'm going to have that fixed in the morning, and right after that I'm heading up to Tampa to get to that GameStop to get my game. Seriously, I can't wait.

I don't have Wi-Fi in Tampa, but I'll be taking the Wii back down with me to my house next weekend to get some gaming in. Anyone up for some matches against me Friday night/Saturday?

Edited by The Mask of Norro

If you don't fear having Mr. Game & Watch hurl sausages at you without mercy or any sign of stopping, then yeah I'll play against you