Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

Okay, I'm bumping this in the hopes that someone can explain to me in easy steps how to get an unrestricted camera in Brawl? I've seen many complicated explanations, but I don't know what Ocarina or the Twilight Hack or anything are. Any help is appreciated.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LordFalcon.jpg

I, the Falcon, are thy God. You shall show no one your moves but me.

Holy shit that's quite possibly the greatest image ever.

Did you capture that yourself or did you find it on the internets?

Found on the internets: http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/

• 1 month later...

DoubleX and I just beat the piss out of each other for a bit. Twas fun.

Though I have to say, DAMN YOU DOUBLEX FOR CHOOSING THE LYLAT SYSTEM AS ONE OF THE STAGES. THAT STAGE LAGS ME TO HIGH HELL AND BACK AND I CANNOT PLAY >_<

He kicked my ass with DeDeDe on Lylat System, but I did pretty damn well with Falco against his Mario and Pokemon Trainer, if I do say so myself.

You think you had it bad? I got lagged to hell on all three stages.

Still, as lagtacular as that was it was quite fun. We have to do that again some time.

Also I found this on that Brawl snapshots page. It is epic win.

81656.jpg

Edited by DoubleX

• 1 month later...

So as I'm sure many of you are aware, Brawl has been hacked in a huge way: people are figuring out how to texture swap to an insane degree. We're not just talking exchanging textures between characters, either, they are creating entirely new textures and replacing the ones used on the characters. Hackers are basically making custom outfits available for Brawl.

The following are links to the various project websites:

Forum with most of the hacks made thus far

Stack Smash

Elite Smash Hackers

Kitty Corp

Team Twilight

So, with that being said... none of the hacks have been released yet, but when they release the packs you'll be able to use the textures with USBGecko or the Twilight Hack or something to that effect. In any case, in honor of the work of these hackers, I'm going to put up my top twenty-five favorite custom outfit hacks I've seen thus far.

Admire them, appreciate them, talk about them... whatever, but you have to admit, the effort these hackers put into their work is commendable. They have done a fantastic job adding more excitement on top of what was already for many an exciting game. These hacks are the first step forward to really making Brawl feel "complete" in some of the areas they seemingly missed out on.

It should also be noted: they also know how to hack final smashes, stages, custom stages, assist trophies, Pokemon, items and even Kirby Hats, and probably a whole lot more. All-in-all, these guys are doing a lot of work to make Brawl better, and I for one appreciate it. (Although apparently, Nintendo doesn't, as they've shut down one particular hacksite already called "Syntax Error")

Anyway, rambling aside, here's my top 25:

#25: SpiderHog

SpiderHog.jpg

#24: Pichu

Pichu.jpg

#23: Vegeta

Vegeta.jpg

#22: White Mage & Black Mage

WhiteMageBlackMage.jpg

#21: Sigma

Sigma.jpg

#20: SMB1 Bowser

NESBowser.jpg

#19: Demon Luigi

DemonLuigi.jpg

#18: SMB1 Peach

NESPeach.jpg

#17: Cosmic Mario

CosmicMario.jpg

#16: Oompa Loompa

OompaLoompa.jpg

#15: Majora's Mask

MajorasMask.jpg

#14: Cloud Strife

CloudStrife.jpg

#13: Monkey D. Luffy

MonkeyDLuffy.jpg

#12: Magneto

Magneto.jpg

#11: Roy

Roy.jpg

#10: Dark Samus

DarkSamus.jpg

#9: Old Snake

OldSnake.jpg

#8: Dry Bowser/Dry Giga Bowser

DryBowserDryGiga.jpg

#7: Ridley

Ridley.jpg

#6: Weavel

Weavel.jpg

#5: Young Phoenix Wright

YoungPhoenixWright.jpg

#4: Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

DrIvoEggmanRobotnik.jpg

#3: Mr. L

MrL.jpg

#2: Shadow the Hedgehog

ShadowTheHedgehog.jpg

#1: Metal Sonic

MetalSonic.jpg

Shadow & Metal Sonic. Why did we not get them as costumes, maybe Knuckles & Silver too? They're not all that different. Syntax Error made some great ones. Unless Nintendo is planning on adding DLC to it themselves, I don't see why they're closing the sites down. Demand is obviously there.

There were so many characters that deserved costumes like the kind Wario got. For God's sake, Mr. L as an alt for Luigi alone would have been a fantastic move by them, but they wouldn't even do that. My only guess for not including Shadow as an alt outfit is because they want Shadow to be his own character separate from Sonic, but... I mean, really, it wouldn't kill them to just appease the fans a little there.

Dark Samus alt for Samus, a Roy alt for Ike or Marth since, come on, Roy was a popular Melee character. And at LEAST have Mewtwo as an assist trophy rather than completely cut the thing out of the series. There were just a lot of things they could have done but didn't, unfortunately.

• 3 months later...

I bought a Wii today. And WiiPlay. And WiiSports. And Mario Kart Wii. And Smash Bros. Brawl.

I thought I'd start out with Smash Bros, as I was pretty awesome at melee (100% complete and then I started again) and I've wanted Brawl since it was announced.

Needless to say, it's twelve hours later, my eyes are killing me and I still haven't beaten the fucking Subspace Emissary thing. And I have work tomorrow. Hopefully I get swine flu. :D

You guys need to help me join the online Nintendo geekdom. I still haven't developed a favourite yet. I reap with Pikachu and Captain Falcon. I definitely don't like Snake, he can't jump to save himself. Lucario was impressively easy to control, mainly because it's almost exactly like my old favourite Mewtwo. Sheik seems a lot better for some reason.

And last thing, these mute cutscenes from the Subspace Emissary are gold. Quite often I've sat here grinning WIDELY at Diddy or Dedede. Reminds me of Lego Star Wars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I definitely don't like Snake, he can't jump to save himself.

No way, Snake's third jump with the Cipher is tremendous.

Upon further play, I think Snake is my favourite. Just managed to beat 100-man melee with him, when Captain Falcon and DK failed. :D

I'm terrible at Brawl. It plays so much differently than Melee in my opinion. I can't even beat Boss Battles on Normal. :(

• 2 months later...

Alright, I've got PAX's Brawl tourney coming up in a couple weeks so I need to play against people for the... first time since last year's Brawl tourney. My code is 4940-5206-3893; who'd be up for some sparring?

I'll take you on sometime GoGo. Training online isn't the best thing in the world but it's better than nothing, when's the next time you're free? We'll figure out the next time the both of us will be available to fight :P

• 2 weeks later...