Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rockster (The Punisher)

I want to play Super Smash Bros Brawl as soon as it comes out, it looks so good. The first character i want to use is probably snake, seeing as he can just hide in a box.

I looked at the trailers for the game, the graphic seem pretty good.

Can't wait for it to come out!

This topic needs more Gannondorf love.

People have been calling for his sword ever since Melee. If he doesn't show up in Brawl, I will be a very, very, sad panda.

Also, I think the AC character is going to be the villager. If you look at the recent mutli-man brawl, you'll see that Yellow Alloy seems to be based off the villager.

Edited by Gongsun Zan

Here’s some more info from CoroCoro pertaining to the methods used to unlock characters and most of the missing Smash Moves.

• King Dedede's Neutral Special is called "Suck Up"

• Kirby's neutral Special is listed as the same thing.

• Wario's Up Special is called "Corkscrew".

• The hidden characters are unlocked on one of three ways: By clearing the special modes (SSE, Event Mode, Break the Targets, Multi-Man Brawl, ect) Then, just like in Melee, there are other options to obtain the characters after X amount of matches or X amount of time played.

• Zelda's Final Smash is the "Light Arrow" It delivers massive damage to whoever is line up with the shot horizontally.

• Zelda's Down Special is not shown on her CoroCoro Card. All specials are listed for every other character, except Zelda. Her previously known three specials are confirmed. I think this pretty much confirms Sheik anyway.

• Charizard's Up Special is "Fly".

• Ivysaur’s Side Special: Leaf Cutter AKA RAZOR LEAF

• Squirtle's Neutral Special: Water Gun.

Edited by abundant

I officially hate you all. You've all got your favourite characters back in the game, and I'm left out in the rain without my Ness. :(

:( for great justice.

Also, of all the possible things they could have done with Snake's Final Smash, they pick...a grenade launcher. That's just weak. Make him invisible, let him call in a Metal Gear air-strike, hell, even just a helicopter raking the stage with gunfire would be better than that.

Edited by De

Yeah, no Ness is fucking BULLSHIT. Ness and the Ice Climbers fucking own, and while I'm happy to have my Ice Climbers back (wasn't expecting them, to be honest), losing Ness is just harsh. Boo you, Mr. Nintendo, boo you!

There are rumors that all three could be released together on the DS following Lucas' introduction to American audiences via SSBB.

And there's been zip on a lot of people from past games. I haven't heard anything on Capt. Falcon, Dr. Mario, Falco, Ganon, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Mewtwo, Game & Watch, Marth, Roy, Ness, Sheik, or Young Link. I assume some of those people won't make the cut (Dr. Mario, Mewtwo), but I can't imagine Luigi or Jiggly not being in.

Edited by Zero

I think of the people in prior games who haven't been confirmed who almost certainly will be back, well. Luigi is a no-brainer. They have Mario, they have Wario, they can't not have Luigi. I would expect Captain Falcon will show up as well, he's been in both prior games and has his own distinct moveset that works. And Jigglypuff too will probably make the cut for the same reasons as Falcon.

Now, beyond that... I don't know, I think Ness is quite possibly gone. I'm not happy about it at all, but Lucas' moveset is very, very similar and the way they phrased things on Dojo makes me think that Lucas is replacing Ness. Ganondorf... Ganondorf is Ganondorf, I will be astonished if they actually drop him. I just hope that if they are using him, he has a moveset that isn't just a slow version of Falcon like he was in Melee. Game and Watch and Mewtwo... both of them being excluded wouldn't shock me at all. Very rarely do you see people seriously play either and neither is an iconic Nintendo character (as opposed to, say, Bowser, who doesn't have a lot of devotees but he's BOWSER, for Christ's sake), but I also said that about the Ice Climbers and they're in again. I would think/hope Falco will be returning, he's a very popular character in tournaments, and same goes for Sheik. Marth and Roy, I think, might be getting the same treatment Ness did, except with Ike instead. And Dr. Mario... honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if he's just a costume option for Mario or something this time. Young Link I'm not really sure about; he's possibly an unlockable character again or something, who knows.

Bowser is my favorite! Am I the only Bowser devotee?

I'm one too, actually. He's by far my favorite to play as, but he gets a lot of shit from serious players (at the Penny Arcade Expo's Smash Bros. tournament I entered as him and the guy running our section was like "You do know you selected Bowser, right? Like, once you select him there's no going back." I just smiled and nodded and then proceeded to beat the crap out of my first round opponent, leading him to write "Bowser?!?" in the next round of the brackets. Unfortunately, I got put up against a really skilled Falco player in the next round who I had bad luck early on against, leading to him having two lives to my one when the time limit ran out, but it was a good showing on both of our parts so I was fine with it) because he's "slow." But really, if you know how to play him right I think he's deceptively quick if you time things correctly and keep the pace going the way you want it, and I've gotten good enough with him that I can generally best anyone who isn't really good at the game, no matter how quick a character they select.

Supposedly there's also an incredibly amazing Bowser player who lives somewhere in Seattle, but I've never seen him play.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

I suck as everyone, I just like Jigglypuff for rollout <_>

I entered a tourny over the summer, lost first round against a good Link. And then, in the doubles, I got partnered up with a girl who sucked....and not in the good way. We took on a Fox/Falco combo on Final Destination, and we were kicking ass, and she suicides twice. Then, when she is taken out of the game she's like, "Can I steal a life?"

"No..."

*steals life....I die*

I wasn't happy, I could have beat them!

I still can't believe there are Smash Bros. tournaments... the game is a glorified clusterfuck button masher.

Not if you're really (I mean, REALLY) good at it. First of all, I've never been in a tournament where they're not doing one on one matches. The only time clusterfucks figure in in Smash Bros. tourneys is before the tournament starts and the players are just playing to work off rust and get warmed up. And generally most tournaments I've been in either disable a lot of different sorts of weapons or weapons entirely, making it completely based upon how skilled you are with your character and with adapting to different environments.

I still can't believe there are Smash Bros. tournaments... the game is a glorified clusterfuck button masher.

Not if you're really (I mean, REALLY) good at it. First of all, I've never been in a tournament where they're not doing one on one matches. The only time clusterfucks figure in in Smash Bros. tourneys is before the tournament starts and the players are just playing to work off rust and get warmed up. And generally most tournaments I've been in either disable a lot of different sorts of weapons or weapons entirely, making it completely based upon how skilled you are with your character and with adapting to different environments.

I hate one on one battles, I love the clusterfucks and the weapons, it makes up for weaker players shortcomings, that way, they have a chance and somewhat evens the battle field. People who complain about it should just go play Street Fighter <_>