Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

Yeah, I have to admit that being able to play as Lil' Mac would have been spectacular.

Still though, you have to admit... just seeing him even IN the game is pretty damn satisfying.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....they add Meowth as a character....WHERE THE HELL IS MY JIGGLYPUFF!?

Meowth is an Pokeball Assist, not a playable character. Jigglypuff will be playable.

Honestly, read what category they're posted under before assuming, or you'll have an aneurysm every time someone amazing gets announced as an assist trophy and you think they're playable :P

EDIT: Assist trophy my ass, I'm so used to saying that word now, gah.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

...I hate mistreading things >.>

But still, I need my Jigglypuff, and if s/he doesn't have Rollout because of Sonic, I shall be pissed >.>

Yoshi shared a Rollout move with Jigglypuff in Melee, so who's to say that'll change in Brawl because of Sonic?

Ruki's just paranoid about his pink puffball.

Peach's Final Smash is pretty amusing... I like the idea of Final Smashes, but honestly, I do hope there's an option to toggle them on and off. Looks like they'll be fun to use... like a combo attack in any other fighting game or something, but at some point I'll probably want to play the game the old fashioned way :P

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing in terms of the final smashes being over the top. At least with MK Fatalities the match was already over, so you could have something extra and it wouldn't affect anything. Final smashes just seem to be a bit OTT if they're going to be used mid-match.

Well you really have to fight to get them, so... it shouldn't be ABUSED in all likelihood, but it could get over-the-top.

Another thing that balances out the FS is that when you get it, the other people can beat the FS out of you, thus restarting the fight for it. This makes things interesting, because some FS like Samus, Mario, Ike, and Meta Knight can’t be used right way, or they may not be as effective or in the case of Meta Knight, it could fail. Others like Sonic can use their FS right away, but they may wait for a few seconds, so everyone else’s damage % increases, increasing the chances of getting a KO.

I’m sure you can turn the FS off, because I’ve seen a video where more then one FS appears in a single game, proving that you can alter the amount of FS.

Edited by abundant

Peach's final smash is cheap as hell, I do agree with you in hoping that they can be toggled off because that move is just stupid.

The only thing missing that I'm still holding out for a herd of Pikmin as an assist trophy. Just let them pop out of the ground and swarm around. I'd love that so much. <3

I must say, I marked like heck for Super Sonic at the end of the Sonic trailer...and Snake's Codec conversations look awesome. But the thing that made me happiest is knowing that we haven't lost the Ice Climbers

That's awesome. That's the kind of cutesy nonsense that makes Smash Bros; kind of like Mr. Game And Watch in Melee, in that respect...I was expecting a generic Mii to make an appearance as a hidden character, actually, but that'll probably take up the silly Nintendo patting themselves on the back quota for this game.

Oh, and Shadow Moses looks brilliant.

Edited by Skumdust

KING. DEDEDE.

KING FUCKING DEDEDE.

OH FUCK YES I AM IN HEAVEN.

Yes. King Dedede is a playable character now. You have no idea how happy this makes me, I've always loved the big guy.

That said, it also gives me a great hope that King K. Rool will be added in as well for DK and Diddy. Oh, this has been a happy two days of triumph for me.

Edited by The Mask of Norro

....that's several flavours of awesome. I was beginning to think that, after Sonic, no more playable characters would be announced, but that's bad-ass, and hopefully means we'll get some equally great additions before the release.