Super Smash Brothers: BRAWL

Guest clintcasey

Guest clintcasey
<_< I guess if you want to be picky about it he has been ported over a couple times. He's still deffinatly not a licenced nintendo character so yay third party characters! And yay Wario's Giant Attomic Fart Bomb Attack!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid Snake was the main character of Metal Gear for the NES (even though a port... that's equivalent to saying GTA has never been on the Xbox because it appeared on the PS2 first), along with Snake's Revenge (although that title's connections are dubious at best now). And if you don't think it is Snake, just look up any FAQ/Walkthrough/TimeLine/Etc. to see for yourself. Hell, just whip out Metal Gear Solid and the Previous Mission stuff outright says it.

There was also Twin Snakes for the Gamecube, and if you're going to be super anal retentive about a port and/or remake...

Then just go track down Metal Gear: Ghost Babel for the Gameboy Colour and be done with it. Snake has appeared on a Nintendo console before.

Anyways, watching the trailer last night cinched it for me about whether to get a Wii or not. Amazing graphics and all are great but I'm getting tired of too many same-same games being made. The Wii looks to be able to provide that new avenue of gaming the other systems don't have.

Zelda, Smash Brothers, Mario, Red Steel, and the variety of other things they've shown has just made me decide to start saving up.

God damnit, now I'm going to have to get a Wii.

And what the hell is a nintendog?

We all have to get a Wii. It's cheap, and it's lineup of games is just amazing.

And a Nintendog is a character from this insanely popular DS game. Nintendogs.

EDIT- Also, Kojima asked that Snake be in SSBB. And it seems we'll be able to vote on some more characters to be included. At least Japanese gamers are, I'm assuming they'll open an English site soon.

Edited by damshow

That trailer is made of concentrated win, awesome and badass. Whatever the hell that giant fireball-thing and Link's insane Triforce slash things were were spectacular, Pit's arrival rocks ball and fucking Snake! If there's a mode in the game like a Story mode and someone says 'It's just a box', I may just die of a nerdgasm.

Upon this amazing E3, I've decided that first I get Nintendo Wii and then Xbox 360. Sorry Sony, but the games while looking beautiful does nothing for me. Plus Super Smash Bro's, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is all I need. Plus I also Need Halo 3, SMackdown vs. Raw 2007, and GTA, which the 360 will provide. I can live without Final Fantasy and another Metal Gear Solid game.

Guest clintcasey

Out of curiosity what third party characters would you guys like to see make it into this game (you know besides Sonic since he's a shoe in). If you follow the progression of the games so far thay've all has a sort of theme to them. The first one was about thrashing each other with a bunch of Nintendo Mascots, and the secound is about Nintendo's history. So whoever they choose next should have to deal with what Nintedo chooses the natural progression for this game to be. It almost seems like that natural progression would be for this and future smash brothers titles become something of a symbolic gamming hall of fame.

If I where to pick five I'd probably choose Megaman, Ken and Ryu, Cloud, maybe Sephiroth as an extra villian. I think Cloud and Sephiroth are a good possibility since sqaure is already making a two new games for Wii, another for DS, and if they where to contribute they'd need memerable enough characters to contribute. Plus it wouldn't be the first time either of those characters have ported over to a fighting game before either.

I'm not sure what Nintendo's relations with Capcom are though and they own Megaman and Street fighter if I'm not mistaken. If they brought Ken and Ryu over they'd almost have to leave them 2D since they've never been done 3D kinda like what they did with Mr. Game and Watch, only you know, give them some actual weight so they don't go flying accross the screen.

Guest Botmaster4lyfe

newcomerpacman1np.jpg

Yes, it's fake.

But admit it, people, the old schooler inside all of us wants it.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing Sonic the Hedgehog added to the game. And while it's a long shot, Mega Man would rule too.

Edited by Botmaster4lyfe

Only ever played the original SSB...it rocked, but had only 12 characters which I didn't like. Never got a chance to play SSBM becuase I don't know anyone who owns a Gamecube. Somehow, if I ever get a Wii, this game would be the first I'd get. Always loved simple fighting games, unlike Tekken and Street Fighter where you had to press a million different buttons to do a combo.

Guest We Are Robots

I think if they include anymore third-party characters they should also be characters that appeared on the NES or SNES. Not Sonic, awesome though it would be, it wouldn't be Super Smash Bros. to throw a whole bunch of non-Nintendo stuff in there. Snake is fine because Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 were for the NES.

Simon Belmont from Castlevania, for sure. Ninja Gaiden, Contra, Bubble Bobble, Mega Man, the original Final Fantasy characters, Dragon Warrior. Now that'd be awesome.

I feel like Smithy from Super Mario RPG would be extremely awesome to have in this game. And I agree with those who said that throwing in a bunch of other companies' characters would be kinda whack.. I mean, sure it'd be awesome to see Master Chief throw plasma grenades at Pikachu, but it's not really necessary.

Simon Belmont from Castlevania, for sure. Ninja Gaiden, Contra, Bubble Bobble, Mega Man, the original Final Fantasy characters, Dragon Warrior. Now that'd be awesome.

Simon? Gawd, yes. Mr. Hayabusa of Gaiden is already spoken for, as he's a member of Dead or Alive. The rest? Eh. Bub and Bob might be cool, though. As would Lolo and Lala.

Old. School.

I feel like Smithy from Super Mario RPG would be extremely awesome to have in this game.

ANY character from SMRPG would be excellent. Hell, it could be Croco, I don't care! Anybody.

Guest clintcasey

Speaking of human sized characters nintendo is currently debating weither or not to give Solid Snake a Pistol or not. They might, but many at nintendo feel that pistol would clash with the style of the game. The do feel however that rocket launchers and explosives would be fine though! So we'll see what Snake ends up using.

Guest We Are Robots

Snake should get the pistol and knife combo he has in MGS3 (regardless of whether that's actually Solid Snake or not). The pistol can be a B-move like Starfox's gun and the knife can be part of his A-moves, along with some kicks.

• 1 year later...