Transfer Talk

Steeb

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Johnson goes for £8.5 Million I'll be sick as a dog as a Blue Nose.

For all my fellow fans have said about Bruce's transfer wonders (Upson for £1.5 Million, Pennant for fuck all, Forsell for £3 Million). He's shite in other areas (A Donkey that can't stand upright for £6.5 Million, and letting Johnson go for £750,000 so we could get Morrison). Fuck this

England striker Andy Johnson will complete his £8.5m switch from Crystal Palace to Everton on Wednesday.

The 25-year-old is likely have a medical on Monday or Tuesday before signing a four-year deal worth around £40,000 a week.

"After several days of careful consideration, I have decided that my footballing future lies at Goodison Park," he told Everton's website.

Palace will get more than £5m up front from the Premiership side.

A bidding war for the services of Johnson had taken place during the last two weeks with Wigan and Bolton matching the £8.5m offered by Everton.

But the former Birmingham star decided his heart was set on a move to Merseyside.

He added: "I find the prospect of playing for one of the biggest names in British football impossible to resist.

"I believe Everton will afford me the best opportunity to fulfil my twin ambitions of winning major honours and representing England again at senior level."

Johnson met with Wigan boss Paul Jewell and chairman Dave Whelan last Friday, while Bolton were also keen to hold talks with the player who netted 21 goals in the 2004-05 Premiership season.

"I would like to thank both Wigan and Bolton, firstly for having sufficient faith in my abilities to lodge a bid and secondly for being so courteous and professional during the course of our negotiations," Johnson added.

The striker is currently on standby for the World Cup squad and was at a training session on Monday at old Trafford ahead of the Tuesday's friendly against Hungary.

Viera has apparently been offered to leave Juve for Newcastle. It's a waste of money as far as I'm concerned given that we already have Scott Parker. But the thing of real importance here is that it's most likely he left because Juve is damn close to relegation.

Then there are rumors Dirk Kuyt is set to join Newcastle.

I have. I didn't know they'd actually do something so severe.

What happens to the league now?

They haven't decided if Juve will be relegated, but thats the worst case scenario, a scenario that is seemingly getting closer to fruition.

Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

They haven't decided if Juve will be relegated, but thats the worst case scenario, a scenario that is seemingly getting closer to fruition.

I bought my brother a Juve shirt (he doesn't really know much about football, just who the really good clubs are like Man U, Arsenal, Barcelona, Juve, AC Milan) when I was over in Italy a few weeks back. Every day I'm more and more glad I did. :devil:

Guest Ringo Mars

Relegation to Serie B is actually not the worst that could happen. The maximum sentence is a 200 million euros fine and relegation to Serie C. I'm betting on the first one to happen.

I actually think if other clubs weren't being investigated then the Serie C relegation could realistically happen. Instead we'll see Juve back in Serie A pretty damn soon unfortunately.

Guest Ringo Mars

The main problem is that the government is historically pro-Turin and pro-Roma so the Serie C relegation is unlikely. However, there is an enormously massive public outcry against the team so something must be done, and I assume a heavy fine and relegation will incure.

Whether we'll see Juve back so soon if they get relegated is dependant on the fines. All the players have ludicrous relegation release clauses (I think it was either Buffon or Ibrahimovic that was said to have a 20 million US release clause) which means they will be snapped up. Their academy is useless right now and they cannot rely on their youngsters. So, depending on whether or not the fines are heavy, they may find themselves unable to buy any good players and could get stuck in Serie B for a while.

Relegation to Serie B is actually not the worst that could happen. The maximum sentence is a 200 million euros fine and relegation to Serie C. I'm betting on the first one to happen.

How much is 200 million euros? It sounds like that bit in Family Guy were the tabacco company is fined infinity billion dollars to me.

Anyway, we've signed Andrew Johnson, officially. £8.6million, although were that extra 100k came from noone knows.

It's roughly about £100m, which is still a shit-load. I just hope they go all the way down, loose all their money and loose all their players.