World Cup 2006

Dan

Because he got the ball, and was at most a 1/4 second late. Whoever said if this was England the entire thread would be shitting bricks was very right though. It's a call that you'll be upset with if you're cheering for the team, and you'd be fine with it if you weren't. It was that close.

Guest Koupa Troopa

You know, now would be a great time to swap Pope (who is one false move from a red) for Beasley or Johnson and just throw the kitchen sink at the Italians, who are looking tentative if you ask me.

Guest Bosstown Boy

The announcers on ABC here in America are tearing that red card call apart. They are saying "pull him aside, talk to him, don't ruin the game by giving him a red." And that, "it was a make-up call".

Well, I'm off to watch the rest. USA baby!

Let's say Gerrard or Lampard make that tackle, is it a yellow or a red? And let's be realisitic about your responses here...

A red. Obviously.

Sure, because we're English we're going to argue about it. But at the end of the day, a two-footed, dangerous tackle is a two-footed, dangerous tackle.

I seriously wonder how bad the American coverage must be if you guys honestly think he got the ball.

Like I said, he almost missed Pirlo he was so late :P

it wasn't two footed as most have been saying.

Edited by The LBTN

You know, now would be a great time to swap Pope (who is one false move from a red) for Beasley or Johnson and just throw the kitchen sink at the Italians, who are looking tentative if you ask me.

Hahahahha, you are a prophet. But the Italian embellished it of course, smart move on his part.

Edited by damshow